THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
KalDog
manschesthair_utd
sunthunder
Moose Stuff For Money...
KJGould
payneNglory1
10 posters

Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route. Empty Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route.

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route. Mark+hunt

The last time Mark Hunt was seen in an MMA, it was another disappointing loss. His last fight in Dream was a submission loss in the Super Hulk Tournament which could have been all his to win had he gotten out of the first round. Never one to make excuses, Mark has taken some time off to reflect and rebuild himself as a fighter. He now believes that he is ready to return to MMA and take on the top fighters in the world.

Mark is very aware of his current ranking but wants to get right back on the horse. In an exclusive interview with MMA Scraps Radio, Mark says he wants to get back to the winner's circle by either fighting on New Years Eve or early next year. If he can't get a fight with Dream, he'd be willing to give TUF a try.

When asked if he would ever try being a contestant on the Ultimate Fighter he hesitated then answered "..if I have to get to where I want to be, of course I would do it." Mark says that some of his latest losses come because of mental problems he has to overcome. "It's just a mental game for me, that's the problem. I think a lot of fighters go thru the mental part of the fight game....and have to find a way to get thru it. I just have to find that way back myself to be a winner again."

http://www.mmascrapsradio.com/2009/11/mark-hunt-willing-to-take-tuf-road-back.html
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route. Empty Re: Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route.

Post  KJGould Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm not sure when, let alone if, there'll be another TUF Heavyweights since this season centred around Kimbo and getting ratings with him in it. Plus the 4 NFL guys.

Hunt might be out of luck as I doubt there's any promotion outside of Asia that would want him right now.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route. Empty Re: Mark Hunt may be willing to go the TUF route.

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I like Mark Hunt but I think he's shot. His MMA record is 5 wins and 6 losses, his last three fights have failed to reach the two minute mark. Unfortunately he has no future in MMA.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 pm

I think Dana would have him on TUF. At the very least, Hunt is entertaining. I think Strikeforce would take him too, as long as he's not expecting top level pay days straight away.

I like Hunt, and he has shown promise in MMA at times in his career. He had a hell of an initiation, and if he wants to get back in the game I think he really has to re-build himself from the ground-up. I'd like him to drop weight too. Realistically, he should be at the most 265, he has no business being 290-300. I'd like to see him get down to around 245. He doesn't have awful cardio for a guy his size, but he'd benefit from the extra speed and mobility he'd gain, and I think it'd help when he's fighting off his back.

I like Hunt though, I hope he manages to turn his career around.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 pm

he trained really hard for the Fedor fight and failed, and i think he hasnt bothered to train as hard since. If he gets into shape he could destroy the current Tufers.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:19 pm

The Fedor and Wand fights are the ones that made Mark Hunt, to be honest he is sub par since then, he's well and truly past it people
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 pm

I'd like to see him fight people like Buentello and Pedro Rizzo. Old school slug fests!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:46 am

I haven't seen any of the latest TUFs - how would have Mark Hunt done in this season if he had sorted himself out earlier?

From the accounts of the talent on TUF I have heard, he could have well cleaned up!! I'm biased towards him cos I loved the way he fought - that K-1 battle with Sefo was awesome and I am sure I have seen him laugh at someone after they cracked him with an ax kick!!

Some of the things he did in that Wandy fight were fucking cool too. When Wandy had him mounted, he just picked him up and threw him off and the atomic butt drop must be the most under rated MMA move ever bounce (also one of my favourite Bas Rutten commentary moments!!!)

But you are right about him not being the same since then. He also had some management problems which may have had some effect (a la David Tua)

I hope he joins somewhere because he always makes for an interesting fight
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:00 pm

id say he would beat anybody on this season of tuf if he got back form of his pride days
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 pm

IN Fairness he lost to Mousasi who is near enough top of the pile at Lhw, got KO'd by Manhoef who is the hardest P4p hitter in MMA, Overeem beat him, Fedor beat him and Barnett beat him... ALl are solid top 10 Heavys. They were all very tough fights he lost. And sometimes he didnt look good in defeat but they were tough fights all the same.

Such a shame he didnt get on this series of heavys because put him in with Kimbo or McSweeny who are the Strikers of the group and he would KO them both Brutally. I think he would have won this series of TUF.

The only problem is that he needs to loose weight, I know Samoams and Islanders say they cant because its genetic but come on 15lbs for fuck sake! Thats probabally skipping a McDonnalds and taking a Dump for someone Hunts size! Laughing

Id love to see Hunt get into the UFC but he said he couldnt make the 265lbs weight limit when Zuffa owned his contract. I think he has the ability to crack the top 10 again if he shed the weight and trained hard. I dont know if he will though. Tim Syliva is still without and opponent for Dream even though Choi has been rumoured... I wouldnt mind seeing Syliva vs Hunt, Or as suggested above he could go to strikeforce... maby a rematch with Sefo in MMA... but again the weight will be an issue as he says he cant make 265!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 am