THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Bellator 55 videos

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bellator 55 videos Empty Bellator 55 videos

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Marcos Galvao vs. Alexis Vila

Eduardo Dantas vs. Ed West

Travis Wiuff vs. Christian M’Pumbu

Steve Gable vs. Ricardo Tirloni

Rich Hale vs. Carlos Flores

Jacob Ortiz vs. Edgar Garcia

Nick Piedmont vs. Jade Porter

part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2gOYf2dnknY

Steve Steinbeiss vs. Dano Moore

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bellator 55 videos Empty Re: Bellator 55 videos

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Cheers for the post mate, I dont know about the Vila, Galvao fight. 30-27 was some crazy judging, The 1st two rounds had so little action they could have gone either way but the last was Galvao's. In the 2nd Galvao landed 2 big knees and Vila landed a big looping right... Id love to see a fightmetric stats on the strikes landed, Ivs a feeling they might show Galvao outlanding him.

Maby the judges shouldnt be scared to give Draws more, especially in such inactive rounds. It would put pressure on them to go for the finish following an inactive round, not thinking they landed 1 more inside leg kick or had slightly better cage controll.

Haha MPumbo loosing means Bellator may as scrap their Lhw devision. There is some decent tallent out there, even if they got. They need to rething feeding someone like Prangley to Lombard, They need all the Lhw's they need make half a decent devision.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah Galvao's arguable been robbed twice now by the Bellator judges,firstly against Warren and now against Vila.
    I'm hoping Dantes wins the tourney now.

I don't like the way Bellator keep putting their champs in these non title fights,it takes away from being the champ for me,if your deemed good enough to be fighting the champ,and the champ is fit enough to fight,then his belt should be on the line.

The Belt should continue to be defended or change hands,then the winner of the tourney should fight who ever is the current champ at the time,not the guy who happened to be champ when the tourney started IMO.

Wuiff beats the champ,yet that only gets him a place in the tourney,he's now got to win 3 more fights in a tourney to get a crack at taking his belt off him,while Mpumbo could theoretically lose 2 or 3 fights back to back,still be champ and the prize fight for winning the tourney Rolling Eyes
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh I also can't believe that Bellator sign Efrain,yet don't even air his fight on the main or prelims broadcast.
    what's that all about?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Oh I also can't believe that Bellator sign Efrain,yet don't even air his fight on the main or prelims broadcast.
    what's that all about?

Yeah that doesn't make sense at all.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Bellator went down a stock for me last night for several reasons:

1) Horrible judging (again). Galvao was robbed! (again) He won that fight and he was robbed against Warren as well. Whens this guy going to catch a break? The judging is a disgrace!

2)Non-title fights. WTF? This doesn't make sense, the "champ" loses to the washed-up Wiuff yet remains champ. Where is the logic behind this? Also does this mean that Wiuff is going to have to win the tournament to get another shot at him?

3) They hold the matches OUTSIDE in 99 degree weather! Also they continued to keep the tv view of a camera man with a lens flare pointed at the sun. The lighting was terrible as well.

4) They take a fight off the broadcast that most people wanted to see. WTF!!

Poor night for Bellator in my opinion.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Oh I also can't believe that Bellator sign Efrain,yet don't even air his fight on the main or prelims broadcast.
    what's that all about?

Apparently according to Midlleeasy for what It is worth, The reason Is/was Efrain said he was using Bellator as stepping stone for a UFC return

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm