THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Bellator 54 videos

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bellator 54 videos Empty Bellator 54 videos

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Alexander Shlemenko vs. Brian Rogers

Bryan Baker vs. Vitor Vianna

Zach Makovsky vs. Ryan Roberts

Jacob Kirwan vs. Rene Nazare

Duane Bastress vs. Daniel Gracie

Tim Carpenter vs. Ryan Contaldi

Joey kirwan vs Lewis Rumsey

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bellator 54 videos Empty Re: Bellator 54 videos

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Bellator have also announced the signing of Maiquel Falcao.

there's another opponent for Lombard
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:49 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Bellator have also announced the signing of Maiquel Falcao.

there's another opponent for Lombard

Solid signing for Bellator, though he's actually suffered a loss since leaving the UFC, though still a great fighter.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Spoiler:
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Shlemenko vs Rogers was a great fight, two very tough guys!

I'm so glad Vianna beat Baker, he blatantly underestimated his stand-up and paid the price for it. Vianna is lucky he missed that illegal kick though haha.

Makovsky was very impressive, but let's face it, he was fighting a can. 12-0 Bellator champs are in non-title fights now.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:05 pm

It is a solid signing for Bellator.

There's no shame in getting subbed by a guy with Neto's BJJ credentials.

I like Falcao,the 1st rd against Harris,you could clearly see he is a very talented striker,but i don't think he'll ever become a top 10 MW or anything.
    I think Lombard beats him,but it could make for a really good fight as he's,IMO a better fighter than Schlemenko (not sure about Vianna,from what i've seen of him,I'm quite impressed.He was very lucky not to connect with that kick Laughing )and if he fights him,will be lombards toughest test for a good while.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Vianna beating Baker shocked me, I said on another thread that Shlemenko vs Baker seemed a sure bet for the finals. I havnt seen Vianna before but to put Baker to sleep like that was very impressive, Shlemenko dished out crazy beating he landed flush knee after flush knee... looking forward to the final now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:53 am

Yet another Great Bellator event, God i'm starting to get sick of saying that Laughing.

Damn Baker vs Vianna was an upset and half never seen that coming and for the other semi what a great fight Predator & Shelmenko wasn't fucking around It was obvious what each mans memo said (insert opponents picture) KTFO !.

A shame Makovsky ain't got much to do in Bellator ATM but that should change when he has to fight the winner of the BW Tournament.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Yet another Great Bellator event, God i'm starting to get sick of saying that Laughing.

Damn Baker vs Vianna was an upset and half never seen that coming and for the other semi what a great fight Predator & Shelmenko wasn't fucking around It was obvious what each mans memo said (insert opponents picture) KTFO !.

A shame Makovsky ain't got much to do in Bellator ATM but that should change when he has to fight the winner of the BW Tournament.

Reckon Vianna has a chance against Shlemenko? Theres such a big difference in experience but Vianna is coming down from Lhw where as I think Shlemenko has fought at Ww before.

Im hoping that Vianna wins this but it will be a tough one because Shlemenko takes a shot very well, he has only been KO'd once and only Subbed twice, so Vianna better be able to push hard for 15mins. I think he will take it, his standup looks sharper and his BJJ is top level.

I really dont want to see Shlemenko winning and fighting Lombard again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah its a shame Makovsky didnt have a better opponent but like you say the Bw GP winner will be a serious threat to him.

Who you calling to win the next round of the Bw GP? I think Dantas beats Ed West. I remember seeing Makovsky school west last year and Dantas looked devistating last outing. I reckon we see him in the final.

Vila is probabally the favorite to win after KO'ing Warren who was the favorite, Galvao I really rate and he is coming fown a weight where as Vila was a Flyweight... maby this will be a factor? I think Galvao cutting a lot more than Vila and not being a fight finisher this will be a problem with Vila's style, I dont think Galvao will make it the distance, Vila's explosiveness will catch him when he starts to tire in the later rounds.

Dantas vs Vila final I reckon.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm with you on a Dantas vs Vila Final that should a great scrap Dantas is pretty well rounded his TDD could be really tested in a potential fight with Vila, Vila has high wrestling credentials plus he hits likes a truck not forgetting he is a natural Flyweight too !.

TDD probably is the key to the MW final If Shelmenko keeps this standing I think he has a huge advantage I'm not too keen on a Lombard rematch either but I will say If I remember right the 5th Round Shelmenko started to time Lombard's Take downs and punish him maybe that was down to getting his timing down or Lombard being gassed.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:I'm with you on a Dantas vs Vila Final that should a great scrap Dantas is pretty well rounded his TDD could be really tested in a potential fight with Vila, Vila has high wrestling credentials plus he hits likes a truck not forgetting he is a natural Flyweight too !.

TDD probably is the key to the MW final If Shelmenko keeps this standing I think he has a huge advantage I'm not too keen on a Lombard rematch either but I will say If I remember right the 5th Round Shelmenko started to time Lombard's Take downs and punish him maybe that was down to getting his timing down or Lombard being gassed.

Probabally the latter, Lombard has just put a beating on him for 20 straight minutes! Laughing I reckon if Vianna is forced to stand he is quite nippy on the feet for a big guy, I think Frankie Edgar style, point scoring Leg kicks and in and out combos are the way for him to take the fight to Shlemenko, Im actually going to watch a load of his other fights tonight because he really impressed me KOing the beast.
    ----------------------

Vila too, I wanna see what he can do to 125ers, we think of him as a physical powerhouse at 135, Id love to see what he can do to people his own size. You seen any of his old fights or any you could recomend? Cheers.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I think I might have been clutching at straws with that one It probably was down too Lombard's Gas tank Laughing.

Don't get me wrong Vianna is pretty good on the feet but I feel Shelmenko's experience and the fact he has been in there with some pretty good names will be a deciding factor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm