THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Cowboys From Hell
efils_god
6 posters

Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt....

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt.... Empty Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt....

Post  efils_god Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am

Anthony µJohnson has pulled out of his fight with Nate Marquardt, the latters debut at WW. REplacing him will be Rick Story, fresh off a 29-28 UD victory over Thiago Alves.

How do you see this fight going? I think it could be a great opportunity for Story to rise higher up the ladder, and i see him beating Nate to a UD. Nate has had problems with big wrestlers, and this'll be his first fight after cutting down, so i'll pick a Story UD.

Thoughts on this fight? Thoughts on the chances of both Story and Nate against GSP?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt.... Empty Re: Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt....

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 am

Good fight and good replacement for Johnson certainly a different fight for Nate.

I'll go with Story to get the decision I think Nate will wilt under the pressure of Story.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt.... Empty Re: Story replaces Johnson against Marquardt....

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Nate will be a lot bigger and a lot stronger than Story but Story is good at spoiling fights(he's not much good at anything else).

Any word on why Rumble pulled out?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Nate will be a lot bigger and a lot stronger than Story but Story is good at spoiling fights(he's not much good at anything else).

Any word on why Rumble pulled out?

Rumble's Twitter: Sorry about the injury everyone. Crazy things happen in training. @NathanMarquardt sorry bro and congrats to @Rick_Story. I know you two will put on a great show. I'm already working on my shoulder injury and trying to make it better and stronger. Ill be back!!!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Should be good ud story hard cut for a decent size mw in nate
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 pm

will story be ready for this fight?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:54 am