THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
manschesthair_utd
Sly Uses
Once Mohawked Pete
Mryzyz
redmeanie77
efils_god
10 posters

Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog Empty Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog

Post  efils_god Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 am

According to Dana White's twitter, Tito is out due to 'stitches ' (?!?) and Phil Davis is stepping up to face little Nog. A more interesting fight in my opinion. I think MR Wonderful takes it, probably via UD. Not been impressed with lil Nog lately.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog Empty Re: Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am

Davis is a much better grappler than Bader or Brilz, and Nog lost to both of them on the ground.

So Phil via black athleticsm and wrasstling Twisted Evil

Phil Davis UD. cheers
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog Empty Re: Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog

Post  Mryzyz Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am

Thank fuck. Tito v Lil Nog was a waste of time.

This is pretty interesting. Davis via vague control.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:13 pm

I also see Davies winning this, but I don't see it going to a decision. Have been way to disapointed in Lil Nogs displays of late to see him taking this.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Davis UD

I had LilNog beating Bader and drawing with Brilz, but I think Davis>both of those guys
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I also see Davies winning this, but I don't see it going to a decision. Have been way to disapointed in Lil Nogs displays of late to see him taking this.

so you think Phil Davis will knock out Nogueira then? or you think he will submit him? Neutral
    ...i see where you are coming from, after all Davis does have submission wins over the legendary fighters Tim Boetsch, alexander gustafsson and David Bagget and and he got nice TKOs against perennial top contenders Terry Cohens and Joshua Green Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I also see Davies winning this, but I don't see it going to a decision. Have been way to disapointed in Lil Nogs displays of late to see him taking this.

so you think Phil Davis will knock out Nogueira then? or you think he will submit him? Neutral
    ...i see where you are coming from, after all Davis does have submission wins over the legendary fighters Tim Boetsch, alexander gustafsson and David Bagget and and he got nice TKOs against perennial top contenders Terry Cohens and Joshua Green Laughing

I agree with you, if Davis is to win I can't see it being by any other way than decision. Davis' stand up is pretty poor, and he is a black belt in BJJ so I can't see Davis submitting him. I'm going to give Lil Nog more of a chance than everyone else is giving him, I think if he could keep the distance well he could frustrate Davis and pick him apart on the feet, leading to a TKO victory. I think this has come slightly early for Davis, I like the guy and think he could be a real force in a few years.

Injuries are ruining all the cards!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog Phil-davis-4

The wing span of a pan am aircraft Exclamation

If Nog got taken down and controlled by the likes of Brilz and Bader, then whats he going to do against a much better wrestler in Davis, who is also a world champion in purple belt, and is now a brown belt in BJJ.

If Brilz can nearly submit Nog, Phil "Mr Wonderful" Davis can choke Nog out Razz
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:21 pm

A much better than the Ortiz fight, which would have served no purpose to anyone. This is Davis's first big test at LHW and I think it's come at a pretty good time for him and the UFC. He needs to now start establishing himself as a contender and this is a very good test. If Lil Nog comes out like he has in the last two fights I can actually see Davis stopping him. Otherwise it's a close fight but I favor Davis. Lil Nog has pretty good take down defense but Davis could have the best take downs in the game right now along with GSP, Jones and Kos. Davis is also a pretty impressive grappler, his transitions have been very good so far against the opponents he's faced. Lil Nog is a different animal on the ground compared to the guys he's faced but at the same time, Brilz almost submitted him. If Davis had better GnP, he could be an insane force.

Should be a good fight, a lot better than Ortiz vs Lil Nog.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:28 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:

As ridiculous as it sounds, I see Davies winning by sub. His ground game is so unorthodox that I see him taking Nog by surprise.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:55 pm

move over old school,theres some new boys ready to take over this sport,that are fitter,stronger,more athletic and have already increased there skills further from the base and ground work you old school boys mapped out and taught them.

I love the way this sport is evolving,it's great for the sport for the next generation to be taking some of these big scalps out.

Come on Davis cheers
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 pm

come on Nog!!

hopefully we will see that working long and hard on skills and strategy can beat freakish god given physical attributes!! lol!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I think that this benefits MMA as a whole, the new guard against the old guard. What with this and the likes of Bones v Shogun on the horizon, I think it's going to be a wonderful year for MMA.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I think that this benefits MMA as a whole, the new guard against the old guard. What with this and the likes of Bones v Shogun on the horizon, I think it's going to be a wonderful year for MMA.

I'd of rather had Rampage V Silva, Hamill V Davis and Ortiz V Lil Nog ahead of Rampage V Hamill and Lil Nog V Davis.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:come on Nog!!

hopefully we will see that working long and hard on skills and strategy can beat freakish god given physical attributes!! lol!

God given physical attributes Laughing ,you don't all of a sudden wake up one mourning looking like that,it takes years of dedication and hard work.

Davis obviously hasn't put the hours into combat sports that Lil Nog has(age of coarse being the factor Rolling Eyes )but I think his 10 +,highly successful years,that he has dedicated to combat sports,should not be played down or go unnoticed.

It's not as if he's some untrained kid of the street that watched a UFC event a few years ago and said,fuck it,I'll give that a go is it,the guys never been out of a gym,working on his game since he was probably about 10 year old,and that work is now paying off for him big style.
    From being a 4 time all American wrestler in 08,to winning a World Jui Jitsu tourney the year after,to now in 2011 being 8-0 in MMA and 4-0 in the UFC.

Those credentials match or betters most fighters in this sport and is a bloody impressive route to get himself where he is,earning a shot at a big name like Lil nog and is going in at 50/50 instead of being a big underdog.

He also has a good experienced team around him just like Lil Nog does,to work out appropriate strategies for each fighter he faces,and judging from most recent performances,I'd say Davis's team and use of strategy in his last few UFC fights compared to Lil Nogs has looked,Well I know who I think looked like they came in,followed and stuck to a game plan and implemented their strategy better,granted against lesser opposition.

I know the last year or so has been hard on you,but your just going to have to readjust to today's MMA mate.

Pride fighters are a dying breed,(apart from shogun because he was the baby of the Pride greats)who's best days are behind them now ( not as if that would make a difference,it's called progression,evolution,moving forward etc etc etc)and are now getting overtaken by the better next generation of fighters and JMMA fighters are over rated and will continue to get found out by there better western counterparts. Razz
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 pm

of course he is a skilled fighter, but look at his fucking shoulders, he is also freak of nature!!! Nog could spend his whole life in the gym and not have physical advantage of Davis.
    how to triangle choke this guy confused haha
    Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog 14_PhilDavisUFC117w
    Mr. Wonderful replaces tito against lil Nog Antonio-Rogerio-Nogueira

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36 am

Speaking via USA Today, Davis said:

“Nothing against anyone else or whatever tactics they use, but that’s just me. I’m just fairly agreeable. I don’t like to make a vendetta where there isn’t one. I know Nogueira. I’ve trained with him. Nice guy. We’re going to fight, and then I’ll see him around San Diego, I’m going to shake his hand and we’ll hang out. There’s no need to make it more than what it is. We’re doing business together. We’re going to beat the crap out of each other and knock each others’ screws loose, and hug after we’re done and be real men and shake each others’ hands, and that’s it.”

“Everybody you get the opportunity to train with, just train with them. So what if you have to fight them later? There’s nothing about this fight, there’s nothing malicious. I don’t want to go out and rip his head off and hurt him or anything like that. No way. The Nogueira brothers are a class act. We’re both going to make some money, hopefully get that Fight of the Night, and that’s about it.”

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Just so people know, Phil Davis is -350 odds on favourite to beat Lil Nog. That is quite huge odds actually.

To compare Faber is like -400 to beat Wineland, and that fight is sort of a mismatch.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Wow the bookies really seem to only be looking at pictures of them! Davis and Bones are two of the biggest and most physical guys in the devision. Possibly the 2 most physically gifted guys at 205 and the bookies see this as a big advantage over Skill? While Davis has great wrestling Nog has great Boxing and BJJ... And While Bones has great gresting Shogun has great Muay Thai and BJJ.... really the two Ex Pride stars have a lot more in their arsenal but are very physically overmatched

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:08 pm