THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Mryzyz
redmeanie77
sunthunder
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
The_Axe_Emperor
Sheldan
11 posters

Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131  Empty Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131

Post  Sheldan Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Brock Lesnar has again suffered from diverticulitis which almost ended his MMA career in 2009. Dana White recently said in a conference call that he has had a lot of tests, and that Brock needs to decide whether or not he will have surgery to cure the problem. Lesnar was also on the conference call, and apologised to JDS and Spike TV for not being able to go through with the planned match after all the build up following The Ultimate Fighter, he also said the symptoms hit during the TUF tapings, but luckily they are not as serious as last time, but he was unable to train for his UFC 131 bout. He went on to say that he isn't retiring, and that it isn't the end of his fighting career, he just has to find the right solution to fix this problem. Junior Dos Santos will now face Shane Carwin at UFC 131 with the winner expected to face Cain Velasquez for the Heavyweight Title at UFC 136 in Houston. Being a huge Lesnar fan i'd like to wish him well on a speedy recovery, and hopefully it won't be long until he can once again return to the UFC. On another note, not going very well for the UFC at the minute with main events, both UFC 130 and UFC 131 main event being changed within days of each other, although JDS VS Carwin is a great match up, and should be a stand up war.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Beat me to it you bastard. Great matchup, much more excited for this than I was for Carwin's original opponent!

Hope Brock's okay though, doesn't sound to good Sad
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131  Empty Re: Brock Lesnar Suffers From Diverticulitis Again - Dos Santos VS Carwin At UFC 131

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu May 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Don't think its possible for a fight to be this unlikely to go to a decisionn. Looking forward to the knockout, whoever it is.

Gutted for Lesnar, I've always dismissed him as a shite fighter (which he probably still is), but he seems like a decnet guy who cares about the sport from what I've seen of TUF. Hope he gets well soon Sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu May 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Dislike Lesnar as a person, think he's a bell-end, and he's a shit fighter. But I hope he recovers soon and comes back to fight the loser of Carwin vs Dos Santos.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Maybe its a blessing in disguise though, not many people were backing him to win against JDS. Maybe this is what he needs to say "alright, i need to start over and work my way up from the bottom again."

He'd undoubtedly grow as a fighter if he did so, he needs fights like Kongo, or maybe even the can Carwin was supposed to fight?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Maybe its a blessing in disguise though, not many people were backing him to win against JDS. Maybe this is what he needs to say "alright, i need to start over and work my way up from the bottom again."

He'd undoubtedly grow as a fighter if he did so, he needs fights like Kongo, or maybe even the can Carwin was supposed to fight?

Einemo's not exactly a can.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri May 13, 2011 12:22 am

He isn't ranked, has beaten noone of note and hasn't fought in nearly five years. If he's not a can then he's very close to one.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 am

Conspiracy theory?? Everyone said even before TUF taping that Brock will pull out and JDS will fight Carwin.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri May 13, 2011 12:44 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:He isn't ranked, has beaten noone of note and hasn't fought in nearly five years. If he's not a can then he's very close to one.

For me a can is a fighter who hasn't achieved anything, nor ever had the potential to. Einemo was an incredible grappler who was hampered by injuries/financial situation. He had potential. James Thompson is a can, not Einemo.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri May 13, 2011 2:34 am

The audio from the conference call.

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri May 13, 2011 11:08 am

Great news. This fight is a much more exciting prospect.

Brock needs to lay off the steaks and have a bowl of all bran.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 pm

A shame Brock has pulled out of the fight hope he can make a recovery as Mryzyz said this could be a far better fight on paper.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Hope he recovers again, UFC really mess up with high profile fighters like this. They want Big Name guys to sit on the sidelines so they fight twice a year and if an injury comes up you can have top guys sidelined for ages.

Lesnar has been in MMA for 4 years and has had 7 fights! How does the man ever expect to get better, coaching TUF probabally made him happy because it raised his profile and ment he wasnt getting punched in the face!!!

Really I wish him well but it shocks me how UFC have tallent like him sitting idly for half a year.
    -----------

Carwin is a much better fight for JDS anyway, Carwin diserves to fight someone similarly ranked. Most people saw Lesnar needing to pun JDS down for 3 rounds, at least in this fight Carwin has a punchers chance on the feet with his power. Far more interesting fight and IMO a more competitive fight.

Id back Carwin over Brock 8/10 times im a rematch so Im glad this fight is happening. Getting his head punched in by JDS could have retired Brock. Lets hope he uses this time off well and learns to strike.

Brocks attitude towards striking is unprofessional and cowerdly, he said something like "Ill never get used to being punched" Anyone who has sparred often would realise you do get used to it. He needs a new camp not full of yes men.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh and Carwins striking to get exposed as sloppy, I see JDS boxing the head off him and stopping him within 2 rounds.

Whos everyone else got?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I can see the game plan Carwin used on Mir working in this fight Carwin will certainly be the bigger (and has to cut height too Wink) and should be able to bully JDS around hell Carwin might even chose to take JDS down and out wrestle him and possibly pound him out.

I'm going out on a limb and going with Carwin to stop JDS plus with Carwin opening up at odds of 200+ (2-1) I'm betting heavy on Carwin.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Wow 2-1 is good odds for sure. For me no question that JDS is favorite, its not a fair comparison but JDS wiped the floor with Gonzaga and Carwin for put on his arse by him.

Standing would be a huge mistake but as you say he should be looking to pound Junior out on the floor. My problem is with such a long layoff and JDS being a good cardio high paced heavyweight will a Gassing Carwin be able to finish? (Especially given the 5-6" height cut as you said!) Laughing

Suppose as with the Lesnar fight we arent sure how Junior is off his back and thats probabally where Carwin wants the fight to be asap.

Who next for Brock? Who knows, maby some SF heavys will be out of comtract and ready for the UFC? Id like to see Nog fight Lesnar if he wins his next one.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Jds probably like carwin though good power, better fight IMO hope Brock gets back in the cage

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Carwin has a much better chance against JDS than Brock had. But JDS should win this anyway.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm

good replacement im glad carwin is the opponent.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 16, 2011 1:58 pm

On MMA live and Jum Ross from wrestling seem to think thats Brocks 2011 over. If he is coming back it wont be till 2012. I wonder if he will ever fight again or how serious his illness is this time?

If he is out over a year he needs to learn to strike and when he comes back be given a warm up fight. Someone Schaub/Nelsons level or lower.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:43 am