THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
sunthunder
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
payneNglory1
2brutal
Sheldan
The_Axe_Emperor
13 posters

Osama bin Laden dead?

Poll

What do you think?

[ 3 ]
    Osama bin Laden dead?  I_vote_lcap50%Osama bin Laden dead?  I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Osama bin Laden dead?  I_vote_lcap50%Osama bin Laden dead?  I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Osama bin Laden dead?  Empty Osama bin Laden dead?

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Nothing to do with MMA i know but this is huge news so i just wanted to know what you all thought of it.

Do you think he has actually been killed or do you, like me, find it a bit strangely convenient for Obama that during his most difficult time as president when he is being investigated for not actually being American, he suddenly kills their number one enemy then chucks him to sea before the world can see for itself?

Last edited by The_Axe_Emperor on Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Osama bin Laden dead?  Empty Re: Osama bin Laden dead?

Post  Sheldan Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 pm

It is a bit fishy at the moment (fishy.. sea?... jocolor )

Seriously though, like you said, it has all broke suddenly when Donald Trump is leading his pathetic one man band attack against Obama being an American, but I do believe that it is true, obviously an issue as big as this wouldn't be public knowledge within 24 hours of the attack taking place, but in the next coming weeks and months i'm sure stuff like DNA evidence and maybe pictures or videos of the body will be leaked to the internet. Makes me laugh how naive some people are though to believe that Al Qaeda was a one man operation and believe it is all over, this thing is far from over, and i'm sure we can all expect a terrorist attack to try and avenge Bin Laden's death to happen very suddenly.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Hope is dead I believe it but you never know
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 pm

to add to the conspiracies,the news of Osama's death actually interupted the end of Donald Trumps celebrity Apprentice on the east coast with about 15 mins of the programe left.Obama didn't actually make his speach for another 30 mins after the programe was supposed to end Suspect Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Wasn't Hitler's body found on the same date as Bin Laden's? 2nd May. Coincidence?

I'm almost 100% sure he is dead, but I know what you mean about the capturing being timely. Capturing Saddam saved Bush and capturing Bin Laden might have just saved Obama. It's been a good week for him, he showed the birth certificate, buried Trump and now has Bin Laden.

I am worried about the follow up though, it was only a couple of weeks ago when Al-Qaeda said there was a bomb planted in Europe somewhere and would be used if Bin Laden was ever caught.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Haha Payne that is really scary! No doubt in my mind its all a conspiracy now!!

Seriously though i agree with what you all have said, I believe he's dead but the scariest thing now is the retaliation by al-Qaeda! The next few weeks will be tense as hell!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 02, 2011 9:15 pm

he has been dead for years.

I'm pretty sure he is dead, otherwise he and his associates would simply have to release a video of him with today's newspaper to cause absolute chaos.

Anyway, todays events are extermely shady, i seriously doubt they killed him this morning.
    Firstly, we havent seen any photos (apart from one known fake) or videos of Osama's dead body.
    (to be honest i wont believe it until we see the COD style kill cam.)

secondly why did they immediatley dump the body into the sea?? I heard someone claiming they buried him in accordance with Islamic law, but as far as i know Islamic law states that a man should only be buried at sea if he dies at sea and cannot reach land within 24 hrs (or by 4pm that day or something..) Osama was "killed" about 400-500 miles away from the coastline. rabbit

Axe has a point, Obama's popularity was at an all time low before today, this will surely increase it, and help him get re-elected.

lets face it ..there have only been 2 or 3 (impossible to date) videos of Bin Laden released since 2001. For all we know he could have been dead for years and they have been keeping it from everyone in order to use him as an excuse for invading Afghanistan...after all if nobody knows where he is, how can they prove he is dead?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm

From NBC's Courtney Kube:
    A senior U.S. official says that they are still deciding whether to release a still photo of dead bin Laden.
    "It is really, really graphic," the official said, adding that U.S. officials are trying to decide whether it is just too graphic to put out.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm

release that shit!!

whats the worst it could be? multiple bullet holes in his face? his head half blown off with brains everywhere?

people don't have to look if they dont want to.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 pm

It was a clone of Bin Laden. Don't any of you read comic books? You don't just kill off a great bad guy like that and leave no way for him to come back.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Just as well they did it last night, because they don't take bins out on bank holidays.

sorry.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I believe it, and I think this is something they've been working towards for about 6 months now. I don't think it had anything to do with the Trump's recent retardation. I think that part is just a co-incidence.

The reason they buried him at sea was so that his followers would not have a place to go and mourn.

I do worry about the possibility of a response though.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

If there gonna make it up that they killed bin laden, im sure they would have done it a long time ago. 15 yrs is just embarrasing really. And in the last 4-5 yrs everyone knew he was in pakistan. And now we find out he living in a resedential mansion secured with 12 ft walls in a city close to the capital.

Haha.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Osama bin Laden dead?  Tumblr_lkl779hTZc1qz6z0no1_500

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, watch the mission to kill Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011. Please note: a classified document seen in this photograph has been obscured.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 am

Sheldan wrote:Osama bin Laden dead?  Tumblr_lkl779hTZc1qz6z0no1_500

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, watch the mission to kill Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011. Please note: a classified document seen in this photograph has been obscured.

Looks like they're bored stupid watching the sheilds GSP fight.

Reckon bin laden is in Guantanamo now getting water tortured and his toe nails pulled off
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 03, 2011 3:14 pm

In true Pro wrestling style Bin Laden is not really dead he'll be back in a few weeks throwing Jihad bombs all over the place and his new "Consultant" Saddam Hussein and Obama will form a tag team with G.W with Senior Bush in Tow.

To be serious this is truly embarrassing for Pakistan & US Government's sure he needed sorting out and I'm glad they have but the fact he has been hiding inside a fortress which looks suspicious at first glance never mind over time next to a military base for 6 years and no one noticed is truly embarrassing.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

It's a symbolic victory but it will have little tangible effect.

For the last few years Laden was basically the Dana White of Al-Qaeda. A figurehead, media gimp, but not important to the actual running of the operation.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue May 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Latest on the raid

The ISI official also gave new or differing accounts of some of the events of Sunday's raid. They included:

-There were 17-18 people in the compound at the time of the attack
    -The Americans took away one person still alive, possibly a Bin Laden son
    -Those who survived the attack included a wife, a daughter and eight to nine other children, not apparently Bin Laden's; all had their hands tied by the Americans
    -The surviving Yemeni wife said they had moved to the compound a few months ago
    -Bin Laden's daughter, aged 12 or 13, saw her father shot
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue May 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Osama bin Laden dead?  Pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poste
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 pm

I LOVE Obama, when his 8 years in office come to an end (because he has nailed his re-election) he should consider joining the comedy circuit and conducting more roastings.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed May 04, 2011 12:37 am

I'm a big fan of Obama. He took on the hardest job in the world, in an impossible situation after Bush made such an epic fuck-up of the whole thing, and I think he's actually doing a good job. He's got all those republican morons trying to stop everything he tries to do but he just keeps working. I met Obama very briefly years ago at a Bulls game, had no idea he was ever going to run for President. Was shocked when I heard he was put forward.

That video is fucking hilarious!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 04, 2011 10:08 am

Seems to be a lot of mixed signals coming out of this it all seems a bit odd with the Pakistani Government claiming they raided the building 2003 and the US claiming with building was not built until 2005 and the US claiming the Pakistani Government had no knowledge of this yet the PG claim they have been working with the US since 2009.

Something stinks about this I'm doubting his death but something seems off.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed May 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Well... if he isn't dead itll be funny when another video of him in the hills with a walking stick comes out...

Hes dead.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed May 04, 2011 8:21 pm

pinsman wrote:Well... if he isn't dead itll be funny when another video of him in the hills with a walking stick comes out...

Hes dead.

and has been for a long long time Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 pm