THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
The_Axe_Emperor
Anfields5thKing
mikeyboybisping
redmeanie77
efils_god
9 posters

A new direction for Nate (and other fights)

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

A new direction for Nate (and other fights) Empty A new direction for Nate (and other fights)

Post  efils_god Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:19 pm

The UFc has just announced a few interesting fight match-ups, the most interesting of which is:

Anthony Johnson vs. Nate Marquart.....at WW!

Have to admit i didn't really see this coming, and i think Nate will struggle with the weight cut. Johnson managed it fine last time, and seems to have a good diet plan etc now, so he'll be OK. How do you see this fight going? Never thought i'd say this, but AJ may win due to someone else gassing.....!!

Also announced is:

John Howard vs. Martin Kampmann

Another tough fight for Kampmann coming off 2 controversial losses. I'll take him in this fight though.

Of less note:

Matt Mitrione vs. Christian Morecraft

For some reason, Mittrione has grown on me, and i quite look forward to his fights now. I think he KOs Morecraft.

thoughts?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

A new direction for Nate (and other fights) Empty Re: A new direction for Nate (and other fights)

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Surely Nate dropping down was so he can have a bigger size advantage ?? Rumble is bigger than most MW's Nate has faced in UFC, lol.

Makes no sense, but good fight for Rumble. He is more explosive and better technical striker, Rumbles wrestling should keep this on the feet.

When was last time, Nate put in a very good performance??
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

A new direction for Nate (and other fights) Empty Re: A new direction for Nate (and other fights)

Post  mikeyboybisping Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:09 pm

After all his mouthing of he ducks Bisping and cuts weight. What a chump.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 am

Bisping's got a fight lined up, Nate can move up and down. Don't worry, Bisping will be getting his ass kicked by Nate eventually.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:54 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Bisping's got a fight lined up

He does?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 am

I reckon it's Bisping-Sonnen for the next TUF. But that's beside the point.

Only reason I can see them not making Nate-Bisping, besides trying to protect Bisping from a beatdown, is them having a bigger fight lined up. and with Wandi, Anderson and Okami tied up, that leaves Sonnen, Bisping or maybe Maia. They must have something else lined up because Nate-Bitch made too much sense to pass up in favour of Nate-Rumble.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:33 am

I did not expect that. How the hell is he going to make 170? He's a pretty big 185er as it is. And does this mean GSP will move up to 185 if he beats Shields?

And Anfield is spot on here. There's no way the UFC would allow Bisping to lose to Nate because he isn't really a big name anymore. Since Daley lost his mind and Hardy's lost three in a row, the UFC are still looking for Bisping as there breakthrough fighter. They'll put him against Okami or SOnnen, hope he wins, but when he loses he'll go back to fighting bums.
    alex6674
    alex6674
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  alex6674 Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Nate the used to be for a bit great has been given this fight for a number of reasons as mainly highlighted above.

However, if he loses, what then? Just because it was a ww fight it shold have no bearing on the mw scene, but mentally, where will that put him? Personally i don't give a shit, i think he is overated, and like Belfort and Sonnen, see's a fight with Bisping as a quick way up the mw ladder - so maybe it's just you Bisping doom mongers on here that don't see him as relevant. I hope Rumble does a number on him i really do.

As for Bisping; i used to post on here a bit when it first started. I still don't understand the animosity. Firstly, anyone else has a gameplan to stick and move its genius - if its Bisping, you all say it's because he's shit! His record - the level of fighter he has faced over last 2-3 years is on an upward curve, and, in spite of what you all say on here,he has done well. When sexyama came to UFC you all had stiffies over him - yet Bisping beat him convinvingly. Rivera and the antics were wrong - but same as above, other fighters were tied up, so it was the best possible. Dan Miller, tough dude, look how close his fights have been against top tier mw's. Wandi - Bisping did lose, despite what he said, but he ran it close. Kang, again, you were all baging on about him being world ranked - Bisping did well after the 1st round knock down, considering the Hendo fight. Anyone in the world would have gone down after that punch, even super hero Marquardt. ok, Bisping should have realised he was cirling the wrong way........

It does look like Sonnen and Bisping will do the next TUF, and in my heart I can only see a Sonnen win. But if Bisping wins he will still be a loser in the eyes of many on here! there are bigger tossers by far in the UFC and MMA in general, who have less talent. And, tellingly, bigger tossers on here who feel the need to constantly pick on Bisping!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Hard to defend the Guy who spits on the corner of his opponent buddy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 pm

alex6674 wrote:Nate the used to be for a bit great has been given this fight for a number of reasons as mainly highlighted above.

However, if he loses, what then? Just because it was a ww fight it shold have no bearing on the mw scene, but mentally, where will that put him? Personally i don't give a shit, i think he is overated, and like Belfort and Sonnen, see's a fight with Bisping as a quick way up the mw ladder - so maybe it's just you Bisping doom mongers on here that don't see him as relevant. I hope Rumble does a number on him i really do.

As for Bisping; i used to post on here a bit when it first started. I still don't understand the animosity. Firstly, anyone else has a gameplan to stick and move its genius - if its Bisping, you all say it's because he's shit! His record - the level of fighter he has faced over last 2-3 years is on an upward curve, and, in spite of what you all say on here,he has done well. When sexyama came to UFC you all had stiffies over him - yet Bisping beat him convinvingly. Rivera and the antics were wrong - but same as above, other fighters were tied up, so it was the best possible. Dan Miller, tough dude, look how close his fights have been against top tier mw's. Wandi - Bisping did lose, despite what he said, but he ran it close. Kang, again, you were all baging on about him being world ranked - Bisping did well after the 1st round knock down, considering the Hendo fight. Anyone in the world would have gone down after that punch, even super hero Marquardt. ok, Bisping should have realised he was cirling the wrong way........

It does look like Sonnen and Bisping will do the next TUF, and in my heart I can only see a Sonnen win. But if Bisping wins he will still be a loser in the eyes of many on here! there are bigger tossers by far in the UFC and MMA in general, who have less talent. And, tellingly, bigger tossers on here who feel the need to constantly pick on Bisping!

Awh does it make you cry when we say Bisping is a cunt?? I've met the man, he's a cunt. His antics on both seasons of TUF proved that.

Just to point out some of the many inaccuracies in the rest of your post.

1. Everyone here said Sexyama should be fighting at WW because he's too small for 185. He'd lost to Leben and nobody thought he had a chance against Bisping unless he used his Judo and outgrappled him. He didn't so he lost as expected. Top 15 fighter.

2. Dan Miller is a low end top 15 fighter, who Bisping was expected to beat.

3. Rivera is shit. Ranked somewhere between 20-30. His only chance was to land one big shot. Bisping still had to cheat to win.

4. Denis Kang?? It's been YEARS since he was ranked anywhere.

5. Chael Sonnen is over-rated??? Based on what?? He destroyed the best P4P fighter in the world for 23 minutes and was "beaten" because he made a mistake. Bisping has fought one guy who's even close to Sonnen's level and got embarrassed in the first round(Hendo actually laughed at him!) and knocked clean unconscious in the second.

Bisping has fought 3 guys who were top 10 at the time or became top 10. Rashad beat him before he became the Rashad we see now who's one of the best, that fight would be a one-sided ass kicking now. Wandi beat him after fucking up his weight cut and coming in drained and without his usual aggression, and Wandi is past it and not top 10 anymore. Hendo embarrassed him.

When Bisping beats ANYONE ranked in the top 10 then maybe you can come back and talk him up, until then, run along.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Rashad thinks Bisping would give Anderson a competitive fight.

Michael Bisping has made no secret of his desire to fight Anderson Silva for the title in the near future if he can do enough to earn a shot at the belt. But the British middleweight is not short of detractors and plenty of fans disparage his chances if an Anderson fight were to come off.

However Rashad Evans, who fought Bisping to a split-decision win back when Bisping was a light-heavyweight, believes it is a mistake to write ’The Count’ off so easily. In a forthcoming joint interview with Fighters Only and Brazilian news portal Terra.com he gave his thoughts on the situation.

“Michael Bisping is something else, because he doesn’t really show well, but when you’re in the cage with him he absolutely is a lot better than he shows. That’s one thing I learned by fighting him. And his takedowns have gotten a lot better, I have been impressed by that - and by his transitions to those takedowns,” he said.

“See its one thing to be able to hit a takedown - anybody at this level in MMA, we all know how to take someone down. But its the little things that make your takedown effective and one of the things is your transition from your punches to your takedown.

“Bisping has gotten really effective at that transition and that happens to be Anderson Silva’s Achilles Heel, the takedown, so it could be a completive fight. And another thing that Bisping does is, sometimes he just doesn’t care, you know? He just doesn’t care, he just goes for it. So for people to say it wouldn’t be a fight or it wouldn’t be close? I wouldn’t say that about someone like Michael Bisping.

“And I am not like some huge Bisping fan, I just think he can scrap and he is very competitive. Put him in with anyone and he will give it a competitive fight. But then Anderson is something else… put it this way, put Bisping in with Anderson and it would be interesting.”

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6761
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 pm

The key to this is that he's talking to fighters only toilet paper....i mean magazine. he's not going to bash englands biggest fighter to englands biggest mag, especially when they are in different divisions.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 06, 2011 11:54 pm

True,wonder what he'd of had to say about Bisping to them,if he was fighting Marquardt next.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:25 am