THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career Empty Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career Siyar

"As a kid I saw s--t soldiers need therapy to talk about. Walking over body parts and blood after rocket attacks... I was a little kid and I saw that all the time."

Those were the first words out of welterweight contender Siyar Bahadurzada's mouth when I asked him about his childhood in war torn Kabul, Afghanistan. There is no coyness to him, what is on his mind invariably escapes his mouth.

About 10 months ago, the main thing on Bahadurzada's mind was when he would make his first trip to America as a Strikeforce fighter. Word spread quickly that the management of Team Golden Glory had locked up a deal with the San Jose-based promotion for him to compete in their welterweight division. According to Bahadurzada, a signed contract was sent back to Strikeforce in April of last year.

And then he waited. And then he waited some more. The enthusiasm stoked by his "big break" was gradually infected by resentment as Strikeforce dragged their feet on securing a debut fight for him.

"It made no f---ing sense, man!" Bahadurzada says as his voice becomes a tangle of confusion and anger. "They came to me and my management! They wanted me to fight for them. These a------s... [Strikeforce President]Scott Coker and [Strikeforce Matchmaker]Rich Chou couldn't even return a call after talking about how they're so excited to have me in Strikeforce."

Still, a contract is a contract and Bahadurzada knew he would get a fight eventually. An illusion shattered this morning when, according to Bahadurzada, he found out from Team Golden Glory management that Strikeforce has yet to sign the contract they offered him 10 months ago.

"They've been dicking me around for 10 months, man. 10 f---ing months of my career they dicked me around ." Says Bahadurzada as his voice strains with emotion. "I turned down some big opportunities because of this s--t. Bellator offered me a contract for good money and we told them no because of the Strikeforce contract. If these motherf-----s didn't want me, all they had to do was say so and fine. Instead, Scott 'Pig F----r" Coker and Rich 'F--k' Chou want to play games with me!"

Bahadurzada alleges that Strikeforce told his management they won't sign off on the contract because the financial terms are too high.

"It's bulls---, man. It's their f---ing contract, they sent it to my management. We didn't make the contract, they did and they sent it to us." Bahadurzada says before laying his chips out on the table. "Let me tell you, I will never accept a f---ing penny from Strikeforce, but I will do this... they have their welterweight champion Nick Diaz fighting [Evangelista Santos] this Saturday. I will fight the winner for free in Strikeforce and if I lose I will retire from MMA. I want you to understand I love MMA, it is the only thing I have in my life that I love so understand how serious I am when I make this challenge to a bunch of clowns I f---ing hate. If Strikeforce accepts, I guarantee you I will knock out their champion."

When reached for comment, Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz refused to speak on the matter.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to here what his management and Strikeforce have to say,because just going from this,I don't quite get why he hasn't been able to fight or why his management haven't been able to find out what was going on for 10 months.

Even if they thought he was under contract with strikeforce,that only stops him fighting for anyone else in the US doesn't it?

It's not as if he's represented by a micky mouse management team that couldn't of found out what was going on with strikeforce,his management team is Golden glory,and GG fighters are well represented in Strikeforce,two of the champs in Strikeforce are GG fighters,Reem and Coenan,so like I say I don't understand why they couldn't find out or why they never went out and got him other fights outside the US during the 10 months.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career Empty Re: Siyar Bahadurzada says Strikeforce messed up his entire 2011 career

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Something seems off with this maybe there is Visa issues ?

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 pm