THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out"

Poll

KID Yamamoto vs Demetrious Johnson...?

[ 5 ]
    KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_lcap63%KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_rcap [63%] 
    [ 0 ]
    KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_lcap0%KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_lcap25%KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_lcap0%KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_lcap12%KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 8
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" Empty KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out"

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm

EDIT: I added a poll to see who you think will win between KID and Demetrious Johnson

Source: N.O.B.

Norifumi “KID” Yamamoto, who is turning 34 in March, says that he’ll fight for about 2-3 years longer. He doesn’t want to fight until he’s too old. He also wants his last fight to be in Japan.

In the last chapter of his career he will fight in UFC, which he thinks is the highest peak of Kakutogi (combat sports). His fighting spirit/motivation has risen to the top now that he’s received an opportunity to fight there.

He has wanted to fight there before but it didn’t come together since there was no Bantamweight division. However, as soon as WEC was merged into UFC it was decided that he would fight there.

He then said cockily and with full of confidence: “It’s all right. There aren’t that many great people in my class.”

Dominick Cruz? “I can take him out.”

KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" Kidufc
    ============================================

Kid is looking very thin which means it will be easy to make weight, as if there was any doubt.
    but what is that on his head?

lol!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" Empty Re: KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out"

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

if you havent seen it, this is a really great video:

his KO power is unparralled for a guy that size, i think he has gotten less explosive over the years which was one of the things which made him so great, but his boxing technique is so much better now.
    WAR KID! cheers
    best counter puncher ever in MMA
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out" Empty Re: KID Yamamoto - "Cruz? I can take him out"

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Kid to get the 135lbs title I reckon, he has the KO power of a guy about twice his size and for the 1st time ever he will be fighting guys his own size, considering how well he did at 155, I think he will KO Johnson.

Im really hoping to see him vs Torres but I wouldnt mind him vs Faber as well. 135 could see one really outstanding fight with KID.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:07 pm

i went kid via decision. he may ko him but i think he may take the decision instead.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

Omigawa to lose and Kid to win by tko or decision at 126. Hope we get to see these fights.

Last edited by elmatadorafa on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:32 am

Kid should get someone like Jorgensen if he wins at 126. Theres a few ranked above him but based on his name and if he puts on an exciting show I think they should throw him into a contenders fight. Torres or Faber if they loose their next one.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Kid should get someone like Jorgensen if he wins at 126. Theres a few ranked above him but based on his name and if he puts on an exciting show I think they should throw him into a contenders fight. Torres or Faber if they loose their next one.

yeah good fights thats why im hoping on a kid win.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 pm

My First post posted on Sherdog (The Shame) and more recently Junkie before insanity started taking over there too.

I'm a huge Kid fan (JMMA in general too) I'm really interested to see how he stacks up at 135 Mighty Mouse is a solid test off the bat for Kid I'm leaning towards Kid getting the nod.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome to the forum mate, good to have another Kid fan on here! cheers Im sure youll be welcome theres a few of us here!

How's you stumble across the site? Who's your favorite fighters?

I run the calendar and the rankings so any imput is always welcome

and thers a facebook site if your on it...

https://www.facebook.com/TURBOTREV?ref=pymk#!/group.php?gid=458849955036
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Welcome to the forum mate, good to have another Kid fan on here! cheers Im sure youll be welcome theres a few of us here!

How's you stumble across the site? Who's your favorite fighters?

I run the calendar and the rankings so any imput is always welcome

and thers a facebook site if your on it...

https://www.facebook.com/TURBOTREV?ref=pymk#!/group.php?gid=458849955036

606 I think I still browse on 606 even though I haven't posted on there for yonks (forgotten password scratch ) as I mentioned Sherdog is insanity and Junkie is no better at least this place seems some what sane.....Oh and thanks foe the welcome !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:00 pm