THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
the_king
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Fedor interview

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fedor interview Empty Fedor interview

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Here are Fedor's thoughts:

On Cain Velasquez:
    "Velasquez is a verygood, interesting fighter who is very versatile. I followed his careerand knew that he would bring in big trouble for Brock Lesnar. IfVelasquez will continue to progress if he works hard and improves hisskills. He is capable of a very long stay as the UFC champion in theheavyweight category.On how many years of fighting he has left:
    "As long I still feel strong, I will compete. Ido not know yet, but I think the Lord will help me with the correctchoice. The fact is that I will continue to come to the gym whether itsfor fun or for work, no doubt. In any case, I will pass on knowledge toyounger generations. I would like to be helpful and teach Freestyle,Greco-Roman wrestling, Sambo and Judo."On the last time he got into a fight outside of the ring or cage:
    "Outsidethe ring I had to use a little force in the army. And so, in the schoolfight. On the streets now, do not fight, thank God."On whether or not he lifts weights:
    "Ipractically do not spend much time lifting weights. I instead usethings like the horizontal bar, the parallel bars and push-ups andsit-ups with a light bar. In the offseason, I can shake a little bar,but every time I am convinced that this is a bit too much for me. Howmany athletes are there that use so many techniques? I can not claim atall which one is best. Some lift weights, others prefer to exercisewith rubber bands, and still others with the ropes."On what kind of movies he likes to watch:
    "Ilove movies without aggression and without violence. Even if the moviesand there are such scenes, that they were with the meaning, but stupidis not easy special effects and a bloody mess. I believe that everymovie must have meaning to people coming to film show, and couldreflect something in himself to change for the better. The film shouldaffect the chord of the soul. For example, I liked our domestic films:"Pop." Also, "The Island" and a foreign film I was impressed with was'Hachiko'."On whether or not if he has a son if he will push him to fight:
    "Ifthe Lord, and I will have a son, I would like to see it first became agood man, faithful, loving their homeland. A walk in my footsteps isnot necessary."On what libations he likes to drink:
    "Alcohol is almost never drink, so I can not answer this question. Sorry."On his favorite past time:
    "Sport has always been the main occupation of my life."On whether or not he ever gets upset:
    "I amby nature, probably the most calm person. In appearance, perhapsemotions are imperceptible, but I do have them inside of me."On whether or not he has set a goal of a certain belt he wants to win within a specified period of time before retiring:
    "As God wills. I will compete as long as I feel the strength. Not a specific belt no, but rather one task, which is to win."On where he served in the Army:
    "I served inthe Army for two years. One year I served at the firehouse. Then ourunit was disbanded, and the second year I spent already in the tankdivision near Nizhny Novgorod."On his relationship with Russian boxer Alexsander Povetkin:
    "SanyaPovetkin - a friend of mine, so I'll be biased to some degree. We oftencall up to him, meet, all want to train together, but does not work. Ibelieve that Alexander is one of the best athletes of Russia. Duringthis talk of his titles and regalia. As for the fight with Klitschko, Ican say for myself that no contract is not easily given. For eachcontract, usually hide a multitude of lies, scandals, and otherunpleasant situations. If we talk about the chances, they always have.It is clear that Klitschko is now a favorite, he is the champion of theworld, but Sanya, I'm sure willing to try to beat both of the brothers."On whether or not he follows a nutritionist-prescribed diet:
    "Ihave somewhat of an eating plan I follow, but not a diet. If notcutting weight, I eat almost everything. I try, of course, to eat lessfried, fatty foods and do not eat cakes, sweets and so on."On whether or not he likes to travel the world:
    "Honestly, I do not like to travel. Always in a hurry to return home to Stary Oskol."On the qualities he likes in people:
    "Everyoneshould strive to do good. Of the qualities can provide humanity,forgiveness and readiness at any moment to help, the ability to becompassionate, to support at any time. That is how we want them totreat us, so we should treat people."On whether or not he has relationships with any of his past opponents or fellow fighters:
    "Weonly have relationships in competition. During or after the pressconference we talk, but nothing more. I don't talk to them orcorrespond via email."On whether or not he has ever disliked an opponent:
    "Inrelation to my opponents I do not feel anger and aggression, unless itis a pure fighting spirit, which disappears immediately after thefight. As far as I can remember negative feelings toward an opponenthave never before experienced."

On whether or not it pisses him off that his name is mispronounced more often than not:
    "Iunderstand that my name is almost unpronounceable to foreigners. Forexample, in the Japanese language has no letter "L", they say the "R",so it gets a little blurry. American last names are also quitedifficult to pronounce -- even harder to pronounce their name becausethey do not use the same letters."On EA Sports MMA game in comparison to UFC Undisputed:
    "Videogames I am not fond of. I am honored to be one of the heroes of thegame. Unfortunately, I can not talk much about the game since I playedit only once and I have never played the UFC game."

On which style of fighting is the best for MMA:
    "Eachstyle has certain advantages. I treat every martial art with respect.Each form has such rich history, it is very interesting."On whether or not he would fight the Klitschko brothers:
    "Ihope that they will compete with me more than once, but it would dependon if they would agree to fight me under the rules of MMA. I thinkthat out in the Cage the brothers are unlikely to agree."On whether or not he thinks CroCop has lost a step since PRIDE:
    "Ican not speak for the fighter. Mirko is a good fighter who is veryexperienced. Maybe his career has been on a slight decline."On why he has spent more time standing in his recent fights than on the mat:
    "Ina fight, where the action goes depends on the situation. One can notsay that I began spending more time fighting standing up. I look at thesituation. If there is an opportunity to work on my feet, I take it. Ifan opportunity arises for me to take the fight to the ground, Iwrestle."On whether or not he thinks a fight with "Bigfoot" Silva is beneath him:
    I'mready to beat any opponent, including Silva. Selection of my opponentsis up to the promoters, so it's best to ask them about why the fightdidn't happen."On what the experience of making the video game was like:
    "Afew weeks ago we were at the release, which took place in the U.S..Game developers specially came to me in Stary Oskol, filmed trainingvideos with my camp, photographed me in various positions which couldhappen in a fight. As for my virtual battle with Randy Couture, Ialmost did not train. They showed me the basic button and let mepractice for 5 minutes. I quickly got used to the controls and managedto win. But I think I just got lucky."

On whether or not he takes any supplements to maintain his chiseled physique:

"No, I don't take anything like that. I take conventional restorative vitamins, and nothing else."

On fellow countryman Pavel Datsik:

"Honestly, I have not followed the development of these events, so I can not answer you on this."On whether he wil re-sign with Strikeforce or finally go to the UFC:
    "Everythingwill depend on the outcome of my next fight. I was happy witheverything in Strikeforce, so if they will offer to renew the contract,most likely I will."On whether or not he wants a rematch with Werdum:
    "Ofcourse, I would like a rematch with Werdum.My manager is trying toreach an agreement to make the fight happen. I'm under contract withStrikeforce and I have one more fight with them on the deal. I would behappy if this fight I will have against Werdum."On who his next opponent will be:
    Under thecontract, I still have one fight, but it does not need to happen thisyear. I have no information who will be my next opponent undercontract with Strikeforce. Maybe I will fight in Japan in the meantime,but it's also still a big question mark."

On whether or not he follows his coaches' gameplans:
    "Throughoutthe battle it is impossible to adhere to the same tactics. Shouldalways be 2 or 3 to fall back on. Mostly I stick to the coaches'gameplans, worked out for each specific opponent. But I always have afew spare strategies."On why he doesn't throw head kicks:
    "Alldepends on the situation when there is an opportunity to strike, beat.But by and large, been kicked in the head - not my strong point."On whether or not all of the Fedor accounts on messageboards and social network sites are legit:
    "No,I do not use social networks. I sometimes go on the Internet. But Ihave my own official website that I communicate with fans through."

On whether he prefers MMA or Sambo:
    "Bothare interesting in equal measure. Now, I fully dedicate myself to theMMA. Therefore, today more urgent occupation think mixed martial arts.But along with this, Sambo is always in my heart."On whether or not he thinks that universal MMA champions are a plausibility in the future:
    "Ofcourse, the proposition of a single champion would be an interestingspectacle, but I am afraid, many organizations, including the UFC willnever go on this course. MMA is much easier than in professionalboxing. Here, there are organizations that have a contract soldiers,who determine the champion of this or that version. Therefore, tonegotiate with rival much easier, and if there is a hitch, Iimmediately found a replacement. With this no problems.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor interview Empty Re: Fedor interview

Post  the_king Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 pm

thats a good interview mate interesting on how he takes no supliments and never really lifts weights,
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah mate crazy to think, I cant fault no really lifting weights because technique and speed and rexlexes more than manke up for brute strength in a fight as weve seen time and time again.

Not being on the same supliments as fighters in the US is a disadvantage clearly though. Fighters like Couture can fight so old because of the supliments they take, I dont see Fedor fighting or being a top ranked heavy past 35/36
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:08 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Yeah mate crazy to think, I cant fault no really lifting weights because technique and speed and rexlexes more than manke up for brute strength in a fight as weve seen time and time again.

Not being on the same supliments as fighters in the US is a disadvantage clearly though. Fighters like Couture can fight so old because of the supliments they take, I dont see Fedor fighting or being a top ranked heavy past 35/36

nah i dont either i think fedor may only have a few more fights at the very top. fedor v someone like overeem training wise could not be any different.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:16 pm

what a waste of talent....he could have been one of the best in the world if he just practiced more.

I'm talking about video games of course, he destroyed Randy iwith only 5 minutes of practice!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

On whether or not he takes any supplements to maintain his chiseled physique:
    "No, I don't take anything like that. I take conventional restorative vitamins, and nothing else."

HAHAHA Chiseled physique thats quality!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Good interview but he is clearly lying about not playing video games. In the video where he demolished Randy he knew exactly what he was doing, you can also see the competitive look he has when playing it, im sure i read somewhere that he admitted to being an avid gamer.
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  paul815 Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

really interesting article ben, cheers mate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am