THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
10 posters

UFC 122 Thoughts

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 122 Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC 122 Thoughts

Post  the_king Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 pm

how do you get these gifs to work the only ones i get working are already gifs on other sites.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

my god Vemola is a beast at 205!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:24 pm

http://www.buddhasport.com/community/articles/159/alessio-sakara-exclusive-legionarivs-opens-up-about-his-ufc-122-withdrawal

Alessio Sakara Exclusive - Legionarivs opens up about his UFC 122 withdrawal

Anyone who was looking forward to UFC 122 in Oberhausen, Germany was probably doing so because of the co-main event, which featured a middleweight slugfest between the hard hitting Conquistador from Boston, Jorge Rivera and the Roman gladiator and former pro boxer in Alessio Sakara, better known as Legionarius. The main event proved to be a great fight but whether watching it from home on Spike TV, or in the arena itself, it was a disappointing night as the bout was cancelled last minute.

The cancellation came due to Alessio falling extremely ill the day of the fight. He came to the arena to prepare, ready to fight despite being on his deathbed. Upon an examination by Dana White and UFC medical staff, it was deemed that Alessio could not compete. I caught up with Alessio to get the lowdown on what exactly transpired and how he is felling in the aftermath.

Dave Herbert: How are you feeling Alessio? Care to talk about what happened at UFC 122?

Legionarius: I am still feeling ill and under the weather, Monday the 15th of Nov, while returning to Rome, I was admitted into the hospital. They diagnosed me with Gastroenteritis which is a viral sickness gotten from something that I ate or drank. On Wednesday I was still sick and not feeling good, but I thought that it was from my weight cutting. And I didn't think much of it or that my sensation was of importance with all that was going on at the moment. Then, Thursday night I came down with a fever and Dysentery which is a stomach flu. I woke up later that evening at 194 lbs. I was with Lorenzo Borgomeo, who I want to thank from the bottom of my heart, and we both decided despite how I felt it was important to move ahead with the weight cutting and continue to prepare for the event. On Friday, my body said no more. I was vomiting and in the bathroom with stomach problems... Saturday the medical from the UFC helped me by giving me medicine and hospital drip bags through IV. All of this was done to get me feeling better and in form. At the end, even though I was still feeling sick, I went to the event ready to fight. Thanks to Dana White, Joe Silva, and the UFC medical staff who saw me ill and decided it was in the best interest not to compete at the event. I was devastated, and still I am hurt by what transpired. I really feel bad emotionally for everything.

DH: You trained very hard for your fight with Rivera and this is the second time a scheduled fight with Rivera has been cancelled. Does this make you want this fight more?

Legionarius: I hope that I can fight again soon and one day I can meet Rivera in the octagon. We have had a strange destiny that kept us from fighting several times, and I hope to put an end to that soon!

DH: When do you feel you will be able to make your return?

Legionarius: Now I want to get better as soon as possible. I had a blood test that revealed I have toxic levels in my system still from the virus I contracted in Germany. I am going to doctors and taking medicine to get better as soon as possible.

DH: It was confirmed through Jorge that he would be fighting Michael Bisping in Australia. It is now rumored that Bisping will not take the fight. What are your thought on this?

Legionarius: I am not sure why Bisping has declined to fight Rivera. I know only that it was my fault that Rivera was not able to fight, he prepared and was ready to compete and deserves an opponent right away whether it be Bisping or someone else.

DH: If there is anything you want to add, please go ahead and write it here:

Legionarius: I want to take the time to say sorry to all from the bottom of my heart. Everyone who came to Germany or were watching on TV and who were not able to see us fight at the event. I am really sad and sorry. And also my apologies to the staff of UFC. I only believe that if I am not at 100% then it is disrespectful to all the fans to not see me perform at my best abilities. As many times as I can say sorry, it will not help. Like in the film with Paul Newman called Somebody Up There Likes Me, I hope to return soon and stronger than ever. I promise to everyone that Legionarivs will be back! For me this year has been very difficult. Besides the good things like the victory over Irvin, and having my son born the rest was very troubling...I lost my father during this same period. This was very hard for me and very trying in many moments when I felt sad. I have been concentrating on looking forward to the life that awaits me and to live and fight the best that I can.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Not surprising. He was over-rated. Never really understood what all the hype was about.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm

No surprise at all,that he has been cut.

to be fair to him though,he looked great when he beat Wilson Gouveia,but after his long lay off with injury,when he came back,he just never looked anything like that fighter again.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:No surprise at all,that he has been cut.

to be fair to him though,he looked great when he beat Wilson Gouveia,but after his long lay off with injury,when he came back,he just never looked anything like that fighter again.

Keywords; Wilson Gouveia.

Reljic was vastly overrated because he trained with CroCop, thats the only reason. Not a big loss for the UFC.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Axe is spot on, word for word.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Pokrajac is another, he'll follow suit soon also.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:57 pm

No surprises with this one either,Seth Petruzelli has been cut from the UFC.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 pm