THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
The_Axe_Emperor
hendos_right_hook
6 posters

Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger Empty Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Never actually occured to me before Faber spoke about it last night, but the merger would open up so many oppurtunities for fighters previously unable to compete in the Ultimate Fighter.

Team Faber vs. Team Torres anyone?

http://www.mmaresolutions.com/wec-52-urijah-faber-wants-to-coach-on-the-ultimate-fighter-video
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger Empty Re: Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Fantastic idea. Would be a great way to introduce Faber and Torres to the UK audience.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger Empty Re: Another great prospect for the UFC WEC merger

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm pretty sure if Cruz successfully defends his title against Jorgenson(which I'm pretty confident he will)it's going to be rematch between the two for the title after a Team Faber vs Team Cruz TUF.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 pm

It would be pretty shocking if Faber were given a title shot after just one fight at that weight. He looked impressive but that's his first fight since getting an absolute hiding from Aldo and he's lost 3 of 6 and 2 of his wins, Mizugazi and Pulver aren't exactly world beaters.

Torres vs Faber and the winner gets a title shot would be much better.

It's a shame Bowles couldn't fight last night. If he wins his next fight he should get his rematch for the belt. If he can fight by January then he'd be the best option timing wise and in terms of actually deserving a shot.

Benavidez gave Cruz a tough fight last time out, i'd like to see those two fight again.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 am

yeah I agree,I think bowles and Faber should fight for the shot at Cruz,but listening to Cruz last night wanting the fight and the fact that Faber is still the biggest draw from all the WEC lads,I'm pretty sure that's what the plan is.

Benavidez did put up a good fight against cruz,but he's now 0-2 against Cruz,so I can't see them being in a hurry to rematch them yet and I think Torres has slipped to needing a couple more wins after his back to back losses before he get another shot.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 am

Torres is still a much bigger name than Cruz though, and outside of anything Aldo-related, Faber-Torres is the biggest fight they can with any of the WEC fighters.

It'll be interesting to see. I think we'll see another international one before they go with the small weights. I'd love to see US vs UK with Sonnen as the US coach. it would mean Bisping as the UK coach again but it'd be worth it to see Sonnen destroy verbally for 10 weeks and then physically for 15 minutes. But we could see Japan vs Brazil with Okami and Anderson, or Japan vs US, or Brazil vs US. Or US vs Rest of The World which would probably be best.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 am

Sonnen as a TUF coach is the best idea ive heard in ages. Guaranteed success.

I say do the Ryder cup format..... US v Europe Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:49 am

The ring announcer, in-ring interviewer and announce team in the WEC are all much better than what the UFC have to offer as well. Shame they'll all be out of work soon.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 am

i like the idea of a world cup of mma TUF a each fighter from different countries. all 5 continents could be represented. i can imagine many people tuning in to watch sonnen though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:58 pm