THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Feeder leagues = Everyone happy?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Feeder leagues = Everyone happy? Empty Feeder leagues = Everyone happy?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 am

Would this be a solution to being able to see all the best fighters under 1 roof.

UFC = Devision 1
    SF = Devision 2
    Bellator = Devision 3

Local promotions would send their champs or good fighters from all round the world to Bellator who would run tournaments and they could use UFC and SF relegated fighters too. The winner of each years tournament gets something like a number 1 contenders fight and a SF contract. Bellator being a bit different in the tournament form and getting a few names and maby could do catchweight fights would make it something people still watched.

Fighters UFC would normally cut would be relegated to SF. This would include some pretty big names to be fair if you look who UFC cut there would be plenty of big names and legends who cant hang with top flight competition.

SF dont do that many big cards per year you think if UFC basically gave them the bottom half of their roster in exchange for their top guys they could do more shows etc..

Lets be honest the Hw devision in SF is great but guys UFC would want would boil down to

Diaz
    Melendez
    Noons
    Thomson
    JZ
    Jacare
    Mayhem
    Mousasi
    Mo
    Feijao
    Hendo
    Bigfoot
    Overeem
    Barnett
    Fedor
    Werdum

Id say 15 fighers UFC would like to get a hold of and that being generous cause the Lw devision is stacked enough right now with the WEC guys who cut it. Sf have a total of about 25 good fighers.

I think if UFC gave them the bottom half of their roster they could produce some good shows. Liddell and Titio wouldnt be fighting under the UFC banner.

Bellator have

Alvarez
    Lombard
    Askren
    Konrad

4 fighters UFC would like to have. For their efforts they could have had a roster rull of Huerta level fighers who is a main eventer for them.

Business wise I dont know but It wouldnt be a bad trade for anyone. The lighter weights in Japan complicate things but Fuck it pretty much everyone under 1 roof bar Aoki and Crusher! Laughing

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Feeder leagues = Everyone happy? Empty Re: Feeder leagues = Everyone happy?

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 am

"honhttps://thearmbar.forumotion.com/post.forum?mode=newtopic&f=1est"

I think it's spelled 'honest' actually mate, but that is one HELL of a typo!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 am

Laughing Laughing

Wow Dyslexia is in overload! What u think? Would it be a good way to sort things or would SF and Bellarot have too much to loose?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:23 am

Lol how did you even manage that!?

And yea i think its a fantastic idea but the chances of it happen are non-existant unfortunately Sad
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 am

Must have copy and pasted something ive no Idea!

I know the chances are slim but who knows if MMA will stay in the current format. You would only imagine UFC would be happy with that set up, to have no direct competition.

Its wether the other organisations would get on board.

Seems like everyone wins out of this setup... I suppose theres nothing really to stop things staying they way they are but I think there will be some changes to MMA in the setup, the rules the oragnisations at some stage.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 am

Yea i agree it would be cool and it'd also be very beneficial for all involved, but never in a million years will it ever become even close to happening.

3 words;

Dana. White. Money.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:50 pm

out of the 15 fighters you say ufc want quite a few of them have already spent time in ufc. but to be honest id like to see most of them back. how does pay work in all 3 orgs for instance how much was hendo on in ufc and now in SF and then if he went to bellator how much would he earn there.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I don't like it. I'd rather see all the fighters as free agent, with the UFC, Strikeforce, Dream and Sengoku basically being promoter like Golden Boy, Top Rank etc. The promotions could sign the fighters to deals but still make fights with other promotions fighters and the company who make the biggest bid on a fight get to host it. The UFC would probably still get to put on the biggest fights, but at least then we'd get to see Fedor smashing the shit out of the UFC HW division, Aoki tapping out the likes of Florian, Edgar and Maynard, Alvarez against Melendez, King Mo against Rampage, Mousasi against top level opposition on a regular basis and of course, Hendo-Bisping 2. Twisted Evil Affliction put on mega-cards the likes of which we are being denied now. Under the promoters rather than owners system, we would see more mega-cards IMO.

Companies like Bellator could become the feeder league, almost like The Contender sort of thing, which it is already. But for me, the big 4 in MMA should become more like Boxing and less like Pro Wrestling. WAMMA's idea is still the best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:03 am