THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
2brutal
mikeyboybisping
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
efils_god
pinsman
Cowboys From Hell
Sheldan
Mryzyz
elmatadorafa
Toquinho
Chimezero
kavik2
Ginginho
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
Ronwah
sunthunder
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
the_king
Sly Uses
The_Axe_Emperor
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
29 posters

New MMA Calendar

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

New MMA Calendar - Page 39 Empty Re: New MMA Calendar

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Sheldan wrote:JDS VS Reem confirmed for UFC 146 on May 26th.

Didn't think it would as early as that.

Lil Nog out of Sweden card, Gustaffson vs Thiago Silva.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:JDS VS Reem confirmed for UFC 146 on May 26th.

Didn't think it would as early as that.

Lil Nog out of Sweden card, Gustaffson vs Thiago Silva.

Is Nog injured bad? Any Idea what kept him out? Goot to see Thiago Silva back, this will be a great fight.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Knee injury apparently, not sure how long it rules him out for.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Roy Nelson vs Bigfoot Silva at UFC 146!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Roy Nelson vs Bigfoot Silva at UFC 146!

I really hate that fight.

I love Silva vs Gustaffson though. We'll find out what Gustaffson is made of in that one.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:45 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:New MMA Calendar - Page 39 420193_358092477547347_173291132694150_1107800_1938464835_n

ONE Fighting Championship 'War of the Lions

Singapore Indoor Stadium, March 31st, 2012.

Full card:

Felipe Enomoto vs Zorobabel Moreira
    Tatsuya Kawajiri vs TBA
    Eduard Folayang vs Ole Laursen
    Yuya Shirai vs Fabricio Monteiro
    Melvin Manhoef vs Yoshiyuki Nakanishi
    Jian Kai Chee vs Eddie Ng
    Masakazu Imanari vs Kevin Belingon
    Jeet Toshi vs Nicole Chua
    Kim Hock vs Juan Wen Chie
    Kian Long Yun vs Yodsanan Sityodtong
    Danny Van Bergen vs Richie Whitson

Ring or Cage??

Love the rules, PRIDE rules plus elbows. Can you knee to the head of a downed opponent?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Ring or Cage??

Love the rules, PRIDE rules plus elbows. Can you knee to the head of a downed opponent?

cage.
    i think its something like the old cage rage open guard rule, if you remember that.
    i was at the first show though and no-one really took advantage of it.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 am

Mir vs Cain official for UFC 146. A bit of a heavyweight fest this one! Smile
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Roy Nelson vs Bigfoot Silva at UFC 146!

What happened to cutting to 205? After this fight....?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Cain vs Mir is a cracking fight, I love this one. Everyone on the Armbar has been calling for this one for a while. I see Cain steamrolling Mir in a round. Nog was very very close to putitng him against the cage and finishing him... Cain should be able to do the same. There seems to be a blueprint to beating Mir and it plays to Cains strengths.

Bigfoot will mangle Nelson. Bigfoot is about as good as Werdum and much bigger. They will look 2 weight classes apart and Nelson will find himself on the bottom betting Donkey Kong'ed by Bigfoot like Fedor did. People say Bigfoots chin is a liability but Cormier is the only guy to put him out cold and he ate a load of good shots from Fedor.

Bigfoot and Cain to win.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:People say Bigfoots chin is a liability but Cormier is the only guy to put him out cold

He isn't.

Cain will do to Mir what Carwin did to Mir, and what Nog was doing to Mir before you-know-what happened. Hope i'm wrong though, I like Mir of late, (except for his follow up on a downed CC) so I hope he at least tests Cains chin/sub defense a bit.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:People say Bigfoots chin is a liability but Cormier is the only guy to put him out cold

He isn't.

Cain will do to Mir what Carwin did to Mir, and what Nog was doing to Mir before you-know-what happened. Hope i'm wrong though, I like Mir of late, (except for his follow up on a downed CC) so I hope he at least tests Cains chin/sub defense a bit.

As far as I remember his other stoppage loss was Pele lieing his 300lbs+ on top of him trapping him under the ropes and dishing out a bit of unanswered GnP... I dont remember bigfoot being out cold... Could be wrong though.

Either way he hasnt a bad chin, weve seen him take big shots from other hard hitters and survive.

I rate Mir very highly, I think he diserves to be ranked where he is and I think he would make a tough oppoenent for a lot of Hw's, Overeeem included. I just think Cain is an absolute nightmare matchup for him. I think this one has 1st round KO written all over it.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Granted Silva wasn't out cold, but he was kicking Peles ass before Pele landed a huge right hand and he never really recovered from it. Watching it back it was a pretty shit stoppage, however I'm not sold on his chin. Does Cormier really have that much power? He didn't really trouble Monson at all. Plus there's the fact his chin is about the size of your average fighters torso, so it's not exactly hard to tag him on it.

Yeah same, this resurgent Mir is an absolute monster, only thing that let's him down really is his pain threshold/chin. He just gives up and let's the beating continue when he's hurt, as opposed to someone like Frankie Edgar. Mir- Overeem would be a great fight!

Last edited by The_Axe_Emperor on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Granted Silva wasn't out cold, but he was kicking Peles ass before Pele landed a huge right hand and he never really recovered from it. Watching it back it was a pretty shit stoppage, however I'm not sold on his chin. Does Cormier really have that much power? He didn't really trouble Monson at all. Plus there's the fact his chin is about the size of your average fighters torso, so it's not exactly hard to tag him on it.

Yeah same, this resurgent Mir is an absolute monster, only thing that let's him down really is his pain threshold/chin. He just gives up and let's the beating continue when he's hard, as opposed to someone like Frankie Edgar. Mir- Overeem would be a great fight!

Yeah Mike Kyle had him on jelly legs too... but the fact he wasnt troubled by any of the Bombs Fedor hit him with or anything AA threw I think he has a decent Chin and other than a Wild 100% comitted right overhand I think think Nelson is going to Knock him out.

The guy has something like 10" of reach on Nelson and was good enough throwing hands to beat AA in a boxing match. I think Ground or Standing Nelson is getting messed up bad and sent to Lhw.
    --------------------------------

Mir floored Kongo and Subbed Nog, he is a really really dangerous offensive figher, your bang on about his weakness, his chin isnt great and he starts to wilt under pressure... My feeling is that Cain isnt goin to be trying to counterpunch or play any sort of game to allow Mir to get offence off, Cain will out charging at him throwing Bombs and Mir will be on the back foot straight away and on his way to backing into the cage again!

Overeem vs Mir would be great, We might see it if they both win or both loose I suppose.

With all these big Hw fights it seems Werdum is left out in the cold...

Overeem
    JDS
    Cain
    Mir
    Bigfoot

are all matched up, Browne is matched up, Kongos stock has dropped too much...

Who else is there? Hunt vs Werdum or Russow vs Werdum? I wonder if Carwin or Nog will be fit to fight him soon?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Granted Silva wasn't out cold, but he was kicking Peles ass before Pele landed a huge right hand and he never really recovered from it. Watching it back it was a pretty shit stoppage, however I'm not sold on his chin. Does Cormier really have that much power? He didn't really trouble Monson at all. Plus there's the fact his chin is about the size of your average fighters torso, so it's not exactly hard to tag him on it.

Yeah same, this resurgent Mir is an absolute monster, only thing that let's him down really is his pain threshold/chin. He just gives up and let's the beating continue when he's hard, as opposed to someone like Frankie Edgar. Mir- Overeem would be a great fight!

Yeah Mike Kyle had him on jelly legs too... but the fact he wasnt troubled by any of the Bombs Fedor hit him with or anything AA threw I think he has a decent Chin and other than a Wild 100% comitted right overhand I think think Nelson is going to Knock him out.

The guy has something like 10" of reach on Nelson and was good enough throwing hands to beat AA in a boxing match. I think Ground or Standing Nelson is getting messed up bad and sent to Lhw.

Mir floored Kongo and Subbed Nog, he is a really really dangerous offensive figher, your bang on about his weakness, his chin isnt great and he starts to wilt under pressure... My feeling is that Cain isnt goin to be trying to counterpunch or play any sort of game to allow Mir to get offence off, Cain will out charging at him throwing Bombs and Mir will be on the back foot straight away and on his way to backing into the cage again!

Overeem vs Mir would be great, We might see it if they both win or both loose I suppose.

Overeem
    JDS
    Cain
    Mir
    Bigfoot

Who else is there? Hunt vs Werdum or Russow vs Werdum? I wonder if Carwin or Nog will be fit to fight him soon?

Exactly, Kyle had him on queer street and do you think he has bigger power than Fedor? Or Cormier for that matter, does he have heavier hands than Fedor?

I agree BigFoot will dominate but I'm nit ruling out a Nelson hail Mary KO.

Yep agreed, Cain will back him up and hammer him into the cage. If Mir comes in slimmed down and not 265 he could maybe use his footwork to actually circle away from the cage because that's always his downfall, and he does seem like an intelligent guy, so it actually baffles me why he doesn't use tactics like that to protect his chin.

Would Werdum fight Big Nog? If not I think Carwin is the match I'd most like to see. Werdum is one of the few I'd actually expect to finish Carwin in the first and not the other way round, first round sub for me.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:59 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:

Overeem
    JDS
    Cain
    Mir
    Bigfoot

Exactly, Kyle had him on queer street and do you think he has bigger power than Fedor? Or Cormier for that matter, does he have heavier hands than Fedor?

I agree BigFoot will dominate but I'm nit ruling out a Nelson hail Mary KO.

Yep agreed, Cain will back him up and hammer him into the cage. If Mir comes in slimmed down and not 265 he could maybe use his footwork to actually circle away from the cage because that's always his downfall, and he does seem like an intelligent guy, so it actually baffles me why he doesn't use tactics like that to protect his chin.

Would Werdum fight Big Nog? If not I think Carwin is the match I'd most like to see. Werdum is one of the few I'd actually expect to finish Carwin in the first and not the other way round, first round sub for me.

Big Nog beat Werdum back in 2006 but Im sure its a loss he wouldnt mind avenging. They arent training in the same Gyms so I reckon they would be cool with rematching. Nog isnt the same name on paper he was but avenging a defeat is a good option when no one ranked highly is available. Id like to see it myself.

Start Carwin at the bottom again I reckon. Carwin vs Struve Id like to see
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Could be good then, when is Nog due back?

Shit, Carwin vs Struve Laughing Struve will be brain dead by the time he's 30!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

New MMA Calendar - Page 39 Empty Dan Henderson is waiting for a title shot.

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 am

I guess we can rule out any fights before he gets a shot.

What’s next for Dan Henderson?

Many felt an all-out, five-round, epic with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 139 and returning to the Octagon as Strikeforce light heavyweight champion would put Hendo on the fast track to a UFC title shot against Jon Jones.

But now, four months later, he’s still in limbo, waiting for his next fight.

Jones was already tied up with a scheduled title defense against Lyoto Machida at UFC 140, which he won. He then had to honor a promised shot to former teammate Rashad Evans. The two will square off in April at UFC 145 in Atlanta.

Henderson, of course, doesn’t want to sit on the sidelines. He’s always been a fighter that excels when he stays busy.

Having long fought at the highest levels in both the light heavyweight and middleweight classes – and even stepping up to heavyweight on occasion – Henderson isn’t overly picky. He’ll take the shot at whoever holds the light heavyweight belt or the middleweight strap, at least according to UFC president Dana White.

“He wants a title fight. He either wants Anderson Silva or whoever has the belt at 185 or the winner of Evans and Jones,” White said at the recent UFC on Fox 3 press conference in New York City. “Last time I talked to Henderson, he wanted to wait to fight one of these guys for the title.”

Henderson held belts in two different weight classes during his Pride tenure, has worn the Strikeforce light heavyweight strap, and even won a UFC tournament in the company’s pre-Zuffa days, but he has yet to capture a modern-day UFC title.

Henderson failed in unifying the Pride 185 and 205-pound belts with then-UFC champions Anderson Silva and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, respectively.

In the twilight years of his storied career, however – he is now 41 years of age – Henderson doesn’t need to face the flavor of the day. In short, he wants a title shot. He wants to add at least one UFC strap to his collection.

“He’ll fight whoever has that belt,” said White, musing on situation. “Dan doesn’t seem too picky, I think he would fight Chael Sonnen (if he won the belt from Silva).”

The likelihood is that he will get a shot at the winner of Jones and Evans. They’re fighting April 21, while Silva isn’t likely to defend his belt until June or July, with Sonnen slated as the opponent.

For now, however, if Henderson wants a title shot, he will have to wait on the sidelines for at least one of those fights to play out.

I do happen to know for a fact that Henderson and Sonnen will not fight each other. Chael has said it in interview, and Dan told me because I asked him. Trainer and student goes beyond friendship.

Not sure if Hendo can beat Anderson at 185 unless he gets a full 12 week camp and cuts perfectly. I'd back him at 205 over Anderson, not sure about 185 though. Will be irrelevant though imo. Sonnen will win the 185 belt leaving Hendo facing the Bones-Rashad winner.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    ONE Fighting Championship 'War of the Lions

Singapore Indoor Stadium, March 31st, 2012.

Full card:

Felipe Enomoto vs Zorobabel Moreira
    Tatsuya Kawajiri vs TBA
    Eduard Folayang vs Ole Laursen
    Yuya Shirai vs Fabricio Monteiro
    Melvin Manhoef vs Yoshiyuki Nakanishi
    Jian Kai Chee vs Eddie Ng
    Masakazu Imanari vs Kevin Belingon
    Jeet Toshi vs Nicole Chua
    Kim Hock vs Juan Wen Chie
    Kian Long Yun vs Yodsanan Sityodtong
    Danny Van Bergen vs Richie Whitson

Kawajiri's opponent is confirmed to be Donald Sanchez (24-12)
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Donald-Sanchez-17386
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:41 pm

What a crap opponent, at least he is staying busy. He really needs to fight for the Dream Fw title... wonder when the next Dream event is?

Bellator are taking advantage of no one having partnerships with Japanese organisations, 1st it was Aoki vs Alvarez now we got Michael Chandler vs Akihiro Gono Set For May's Bellator 67! Nice one Bellator great to see Bellator Champs being given challenges and staying busy. Look forward to this one, he is on a 2 fight loosing streak but Gono is still a future HOFer and a bad ass. Look forward to this even if its a miss match on paper.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Werdum VS Russow set for UFC in Brazil.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Sheldan wrote:Werdum VS Russow set for UFC in Brazil.

Cannot understand this. Shouldve been Werdum vs Bigfoot rematch, send Nelson to LHW, and give Struve to Russow.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:45 am

i think it will be a good fight anyways, but Werdum edges him in striking and submissions...he will win.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Former UFC Middleweight champion Murilo Bustamante will be back in action later this month. The long-time MMA veteran will headline Amazon Forest Combat 2 on March 31 in Manaus, Brazil. The show will air in Brazil on RedeTV. Bustamante's opponent will be Dave Menne - the man Bustamante defeated for the UFC Middleweight crown back in 2002.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 pm

This is probably my last year fighting as a professional. I hope to make three more fights before ending my career. This fight against Menne was not in my personal interest, it's more interesting for the AFC event, for having two former UFC Champions. But there are many names in my head. People like Kazushi Sakuraba that is in my weight class but I never got to fight him. It's possible for it to happen.

Id love to see him vs Saku before they retire, I know its meaningless but its always good to see fights between legends that we otherwise wouldnt have got the chance to.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content