THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
The_Axe_Emperor
the_king
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Couture's last fight.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Couture's last fight. Empty Couture's last fight.

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 am

Couture's last fight. Mma_couture2_576

So im sure we have all read recently Randy saying Movies are his main priority now. Dana White said that he would be happy for Randy to retire or fight so the ball is in Coutures court. If he fought one more fight who would people like to see it against?

Pick one fighter.

Mine is Wanderlei Silva.

I reckon this is still a superfight and UFC wont want to throw him in with someone like Bones or put anyone out of the title race (Rampage,Machida,Evans etc..) so I think Wandy is ideal. He doesnt interfear with a title run and as its not 185lbs wont mess up his standing in the devision too much.

Wandy/Tito/Liddell/Couture have all fought each other except Wandy and Couture.

I honeslty think Wanderlei diserves thrown into a bigger fight after the Bisping win and its still a career defining fight for both men.

This is the last big superfight of that generation we need to see while they are both still relevant

Couture's last fight. 2280343624_c2cf5efbb2
    Couture's last fight. Ufc49-couture-vs-belfort8Couture's last fight. 1121850502_d188bccb0aCouture's last fight. Couture_wandiCouture's last fight. Wanderlei-couture

Who would be your fight and why?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Couture's last fight. Empty Re: Couture's last fight.

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:02 am

ben i posted i similer topic a month back or so. as you know im a massive randy fan iknow his career is coming to an end. i hope they feed him someone rather than a dangerous fighter.

i dont mean feed him a sack of potatoes but someone he can beat after all he is on a 3 fight win streak if he loses his final match it might dent his legacy and make him fight on against his will, in some peoples mind. personally id give him a heavyweight fight. maybe a heath herring kind of guy.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 am

Randy vs Wandy? Not for me. They've very close friends and so the fight would be too much of a sparring contest ala Mirko- Barry. It would be better if they hated each other like Wand- Chuck but they don't so theres no chance of a war.

For me its too early to be thinking of his last fight because honestly i think hes in line for one last title run, or has he said himself that he'll only have one more fight?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:40 am

he said hollywood is calling and his time is short.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 am

Oh well in that case, his last fight should be Mirko Twisted Evil

What with the tentative CroCop of late and Coutures boring but effective gameplans i doubt it'd be a war but it makes sense for both guys to go out fighting the other.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 am

actually axe maybe your right cro crop maybe a good fight, im speaking as a randy fan id love him to beat a former legend.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 am

pride legend i meant.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 am

Ideally Fedor but realistically Rampage. Another former Pride champ who probably won't be in the title race once Machida finishes with him. I don't really know why because it would probably be a dull fight...

It's a pity Ken Shamrock is a joke now because a fight between 2 hall of famers would have been appropriate

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 am

i was trying to think of another hall of famer he could fight and the only other person that came to mind was chuck. i think randy would beat chuck then we would have to have a 5th match then it would be like a mlb world series.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 am

Rampage was never PRIDE champion.

i think the best fights for Randy are a difficult one such as Wandy or Crocop.

King i don't think we should see him fed a can for his retirement. Losing to a great fighter in retirement fight means more than beating a scrub...
    especially since he just beat a complete can and it was a horrible, horrible "fight".

look at Yoshida, just retired losing a hard fought decision in a meaningful fight against his long time protege Nakamura, this fight would have been very close in the odds.
    if he fought Yosuke Nishijima in his retirement fight it would have been totally lame.

look at Masato, he fought his retirement fight against Souwer. A guy who he was 0-2 against and the k1 max finalist of that year (after the champ petrosyan pulled out of masato fight with injury) he fought literally the hardest opponent he could, and won...and it was awesome!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

Wanderlei has been training at Xtreme Couture over past few months, so i doubt they will fight.

And im not to keen on seeing an tentative and uninterested Crocop taking up space in a UFC, hugging and chatting up his opponents against the cage.

I would like to see Randy fight Lil Nog next. That fight would be great and would make sense. As Randy is at LHW not MW or HW.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:09 pm

CroCop or Little Nog.

Mirko would be my preferred choice.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:22 pm

CroCop for me. Very winnable that one.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm

My Dream scenario for Randy's last fight would be for Rashad to pull out against Shogun(through injury or backhand payday Wink )and Randy being given a last title shot for his retiement fight cheers

Shoguns always showed loads of interest in fighting Randy,and I obviously think Shogun would win,but I don't think he has the style that you can completely count out Randy's chances.

I wouldn't care if Randy won or lost though,because I think that would be the perfect stage and setting for the very last page in the MMA story of Randy Couture.

If not I wonder if Randy would ever entertain the Idea of a student against teacher retirement fight against Forrest.
    I think that would be a huge ratings fight for the UFC,Captain America against Americas favourite and first TUF winner.

I'm in two minds on Randy fighting Cro-cop,one side of me thinks,I'd be happier never having to waste my time watching Cro-cop again,plus cro-cop isn't anyway near deserving a fight like that,so I hope it wouldn't be him,but then the other side of me thinks,I'd take great pleasure in watching Randy be the one,to beat him and give him his walking papers,out of the UFC.

Thinking about it though,I actually think if Cro-cop gets another fight in the UFC,it'll more than likely be against Big Nog in his come back fight anyway.

But honestly if I had a chioce,then I'd find a better more deserving opponents for both Nog and Randy and just cut Cro-cop. Twisted Evil
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:14 pm

I disagree with you guys about CroCop. I think that fight would be really boring and just sad. Either CroCop KOs Randy, which would suck, or Randy gets a boring decision, which would suck. The fight wouldnt be really representative of what it could have been 4+ years ago and would just be two old men fighting.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:01 am

tribute to randy incase we never see him fight again. found this on youtube.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 am