THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

K-1 Quarter finals

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

K-1 Quarter finals Empty K-1 Quarter finals

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Ruslan Karaev v Badr Hari
    Alistair Overeem v Ewerton Teixeira
    Jerome Le Banner v Semmy Schilt
    Errol Zimmerman v Remy Bonjasky

So unless there are any big upsets here we will see Bonjasky, Hari, Schilt and Overeem in the Semi Finals id say. I would love to see JBL beat Schilt and make it to the semi finals, Schilt hasnt looked good recently I think.

Either way its a really good line up for the Quarter finals Im really looking forward to this on December the 5th. There are going to be some great possibilities for Semi finals and some old scores to settle!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

K-1 Quarter finals Empty Re: K-1 Quarter finals

Post  Shanemc Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:14 am

i wouldnt call karaev beating hari a upset he stopped hari in the first fight and in the second had dropped badr before he made a mistake and tryed to finished too quick and got caught and ko'd also JLB beating schilt wouldnt be a upset i really want to see JLB do it this year and i belive time is running out for him as i said before i believe he is the best fighter to never win the grand prix
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am

I suppose not an upset as such but Badr has looked unstoppable bar the Overeem KO recently, he was young when Karaev stopped him last time and I expect Badr to be a big favorite this time. I think Badr is going to the finals.

Im with you on JLB its a real shame that he wasnt won the title because like you said he is certainly the best figher never to do so. He has beat lots of previous champs and top K-1 guys in his career, unfortunatly he never strung the wins togeather to win a GP. I think he is as good as Aerts but he just hasnt strung the wins togeather to win the competition. Im also hoping for him to win and him vs Overeem is the fight I really want to see happen for the finals.

Just looking at his record and JLB stopped Prime Hoost twice! Beat Choi Hong Man twice, Beat Aerts, Bonjasky, Hunt three times (once a TKO) Stefan Leko, Mike Bernardo, KO'd tough fighers in Matt Skelton and Jan Nortje in under 2 mins (Skelton was only ever stopped once in Boxing!) Its not like he hasnt the skills the power and the size to win it, Its just he has no luck against Schilt! I hope this year will be different because like I said I think Schilt is on the slide.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 pm