THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Monson to 205lbs in Strikeforce

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Monson to 205lbs in Strikeforce Empty Monson to 205lbs in Strikeforce

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm

“I’m just getting fights right now. My goal is to win the UFC title, or the Strikeforce title at 205. I’m currently in process of cutting down to light heavyweight … I’m currently 230. So I need to cut 25 pounds. It’s not a big deal for me, and I’m actually used to it from the days when I wrestled in the college … We’ve been talking to Strikeforce. So it’s just a matter of signing a contract and getting an opponent. Nothing is signed yet. But when the fight’s right and the negotiations are right, we’ll go from there.”

Monson is down to 230! He must be laying off the juice big time, a couple of months ago he was up to 260lbs which to put into perspective is bigger than Lashely!

I think all the extra size was making him imobile and really effecting his performance, with a bit of speed against smaller guys he should be able to outgrapple 99% of the Lhw devision. I really hope he picks up a win at Abu Dhabi and gets hit career back on track.

SF would have done excelent to pick Barnett, him and Daley up in such a short space of time....

And people said SF would go under! Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Monson to 205lbs in Strikeforce Empty Re: Monson to 205lbs in Strikeforce

Post  the_king Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:05 pm

bit crazy monson like. 5ft 9 and 260 lbs now goint to 205 at 39. lol its a big ask. he has already fought 7 times this year.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Yeah but Monson wasnt cutting to be 260, he is down to 230 and a 25Lbs weight cuts is fairly standard for 205ers. If he is 230 now, cutting a down another 5 or 10lbs and Id say the weight cut wont even drain him.

Infact the opposite I actually think that he will have better Stamina. Monson was carrying more Muscle than anyone in MMA Even more than Maruisz Pudz is now!! Laughing That type of Build was starting to effect his game for the worse.

I think being a more natural size and fighting guys his own size will do wonders for his carrer. I could see him giving guys like Mousasi and Mo a hell of a fight, I could see him being a contender for sure (depsite how shite his striking is)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:26 pm

I think Monson would be far better off and probably would be far more successful,finishing his career in the strikeforce LHW division,than the UFC's.

I think your forgetting who the actual champ is over there Ben,but I do agree with you,I think Monson would be a serious threat for Mo,Mousasi or Cavelcante.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:34 pm