THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
6 posters

The other side of "Team Take-Over"

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The other side of "Team Take-Over" Empty The other side of "Team Take-Over"

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:51 pm

So BloodStain Lane does all the shouting and swearing and bad Joey Karate impersonations, and it appears this guy does the writing.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Fletch-Blog-Fedor-The-Ultimate-FaceThePain-Championship-and-the-New-Breed-of-Heavyweights-9754

I think it's a good article. Payne will HATE it! Haha!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The other side of "Team Take-Over" Empty Re: The other side of "Team Take-Over"

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Great read mate cheers. The point about Couture, Arlovski, Sylvia was fucking brilliant! We all know he would have mauled Randy anyway and how many people thought Timmeh and Arlovski were going to beat him! Laughing

Dana white is a ballbag for trying to talk his legacy down, I know its all business etc.. but its a really shitty thing to do.

At this point in his career Lesnar is still too green to fight Fedor after seeing the Carwin fight and I guess the Cain fight will tell us a lot about him.

In all truthfullness is Fedor was active and fought 3 times a year in UFC I think he would pick up a loss in a year or two. But the same can be said outside the UFC, if he fought Werdum/Overeem/Barnett/Bigfoot etc.. he would have an equal chance of picking up another loss along the way. UFC's heavyweight devision isnt better just move active.

Anyway good read also loved the part where me mentions Crocop and Nog going to the UFC being a shit thing because now people think Carwin could have shown up in Pride and Schooled them prime vs prime! Laughing Nog and Crocop loosing is like Larry Holmes beating Ali, doesnt mean shit. But It gives UFC diehards fuel to say told you so...

I think because MMA is such a new sport people forget its a spot and not Pro Wrestling wherre the big names will fight on forever. Frye lost to Peewee Herman because they are effectively 2 generations of fighers apart.

Crocop/Nogs generation is just on their way out and its not just the Pride guys, Pulver, Liddell etc.. I hate how their losses in UFC are used to somehow tarnish Fedors record.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:06 am

fuck pee pee

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:45 am

What's KTT mate?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:10 am

fuck peepee

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 am

MMA's first Cult??

I can't get the avator i want to work!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 pm

http://www.lowkick.com/Dream/Fletch-Blog-Shinya-Aoki-Lightweight-Greatness-and-The-Deepest-Recent-Resume-In-The-Sport-9857

Another one. Too much nuthugging in this though. Apparently Melendez was top 3 P4P in 2007. What nonsense.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing kinnikuman havent seen them since my childhood.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 pm

I've never agreed with what dana says about Fedor,Fedor for me is still the best HW in the world.

for me this was Dana's daft way of calling him out,in an attempt to hopefully make fedor shove his own words down his throat,sign for the UFC and win the belt,but as I said,I think it was a silly way of going about it.I think Dana should of just shown him tons of respect and stuck to the,"if we could come to an agreement with his management team,we would love to have fedor in the UFC,but we can't as yet meet there,in our opinion,crazy demands"
    What I do think is out of order since,but I can totally understand from the UFC buisness piont of view,is the way they have threaten sponser if they are seen supporting some fighters outside the UFC.

As for the article,I take them as what they are,a bunch of loud attention seeking kids with huge chips on their shoulders,who deffinitely know there stuff,regaurding MMA,but are crazy biased towards everything outside the UFC(reminds me of someone)

I just don't understand people who go out of there way to show and continuesly go on about,how much they hate something,yet are the first ones to watch every event the UFC put on and come onto sites the following day to give there take on the event. Rolling Eyes
    If you don't like something,then don't fucking watch it,nobodies holding a gun to your bloody head,you nob heads.

Gonzaga KOing Crocop coming into the UFC as the reigning Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion was hardly past his prime and to call Overeem's grappling "ADCC" level because he won a european qualifying group full of non threats, is a bit misleading,thats like saying Rampage is an undefeated K1 level kickboxer and Akebono is a K1 level striker Rolling Eyes

Also his crazy biased rundown of the fighters,he goes on about what all the UFC HW's weaknesses,leaving out what has won them all there fights so far and got them all higher ranking positions,then when describing the strikeforce lot,its all about their strengths only,completely ignoring who or who they haven't fought yet.

I think everyone on that list from both sides are top HW's and deserve some respect(I personally can't quite stretch that towards Duffee and Rogers though),my argument would be that the UFC guys fight at a more regular higher level,thats all.
    who's the actual best is just wild opinions,the only thing we have to work off is results against each other or common opponents so far,and so far IMO the current UFC fighters hold the edge in that department,like JDS Koing Werdum,gonzaga koing Cro-cop fresh off his GP win,(yet he convienently calls Cro-cop past it then) and Mir and cain battering Nog,just like Fedor did.
    Overeem only has a handfull of top HW wins,the unproven Rogers probably being his best one so far,bigfoot lost to Werdum and so did Fedor,but realisticly,how any of the would do against each other will probably never get found out,(god I hope I'm wrong)so to rip one down over the other is silly really.

I obviously have more respect for the UFC as an ORG over Strikeforce and rate dana as a promoter and a guy that runs things far more than I will ever give Coker any credit for,since IMO,he's not running sweet FA,the fighters are running things over there,but as for the HW's,they all make a good case IMO to claim top 10 positions.

But as for all this Dana's trying to ruin Fedors legacy and all the other bollox they claim he is doing to hinder MMA in some way,well IMO anyone who see's anything else besides dana trying to do his job,promoting and hyping his own fighters over those who fight outside the UFC has bigger problems in life anyway.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Here's the thing Payne, Dana is great for the UFC. He's awful for the SPORT.

And if you didn't like that article, you'll hate the second one.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:59 pm

I just can't see how he's bad for the sport.

The UFC and Dana IMO are why the sport is as popular and as good as it is now.

The only way I can see it being claimed that he is bad for the sport,is if you think the sport is in a worse position now,and is no longer as enjoyable compared to how it was,which i can't buy into for one second,as I've said many times,the sport keeps going from strength to strength,and is at a all time high regaurding every facet of the sport,be it popularity,viewing figures,sales,TV coverage,pay scales,training facilities ETC,under the UFC's and Dana's guidence..

I think the guys are very knowledgable and have a talent at writing articles,but what they say and claim,i think is very exagerated and overly biased,if they could write these by adding a fair reflection from both sides,i think far more fans would take them seriously,but they don't and thats why the majority of the MMA community,look at them as attention seeking,silly little boys,who put on these daft,fake personas and who are just out there looking for a reaction and trying to stir things up.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 am

The sport would be a lot more popular without that mouthpiece. He's a poor representative of the sport, like Don King.

"we will crush any organization that tries to compete with us"

You don't think that attitude is bad for the sport. You hugged too many nuts i'm afraid.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:49 am

Really enjoyable read, thanks for sharing.

I always like reading two sides to an argument and he makes some solid points, although he is hugely bias. However I never understood the idea of Fedor ducking the UFC, it just sounds stupid, especially when there are equally talented or even more talented fighters outside the UFC. People always play down his opponents saying there overrated, past there best etc but there were several cases where he fought the number 2 HW in the world and most of them were top 5-top 10. But at the same time there have been fighters that have fought Fedor who were quite simply jokes, undersized or just not experienced enough to fight a guy like Fedor. I don't know why these fights happen because quite frankly it just gives people a chance to attack Fedor.

It's not surprising to see Dana say the shit he does, but nothing changes the fact that Fedor was the top P4P fighter, still top 3 (He can be ranked 1, 2 or three depending on your opinions) the best HW in the world now and of all time and as of right now the greatest MMA fighter ever.

I think Dana is both good and bad for the sport. As you said Anfield he is good for the UFC, and he promotes the company well. He really helped promote MMA to the mainstream audience and now its huge. Nearly everybody knows what MMA is, so Dana has given MMA exposure.

BUT saying things like "we will crush any organization that tries to compete with us" is bad because it stops MMA expanding. The problem is Dana is trying to make everything to do with MMA about the UFC. That creates various problems like monopoly's and the same rules. Some people prefer the Pride way with knees to a downed opponent and soccer kicks etc. There's no way the UFC can have that with the strict rules in the US, but promotions in Japan allow that and its good to be able to watch MMA with slightly different rules.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:02 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:The sport would be a lot more popular without that mouthpiece. He's a poor representative of the sport, like Don King.

"we will crush any organization that tries to compete with us"

You don't think that attitude is bad for the sport. You hugged too many nuts i'm afraid.

get over yourself,your trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill to prove your unfounded point.

so lets get this right,even though MMA is at an all time high in every department,popularity,marketing,earning power and world wide recognition,your claiming that without Dana,it would be more popular!!!!!!

Why is it then,that it was so much less popular and going down the tiolet before he talked the fertitas into investing and letting him take it forward ?

I'll be fascinated with what ever you can come up with for this answer.

all you've provided as a way he is bad for the sport in your opinion so far is a statemente he made,a statement that was more than likely aimed at just sending a message out to the compitition that they are the No1 Org in the buisness,(I'm not 100% sure because I can't recall when or if he actually made it to be honest,maybe you can provide a link,but as normal I have my doubts) or he has a bad attitude,well that does it then,string the fucker up,he's killing our beloved sport with his terrible words,it doesn't matter if he's actually done anything,he says bad things about other fighters and Orgs that are outside the UFC that i don't like and disagree with,so obviously we should forget everything that he has done to carry and rescue the sport out of the tiolet and give fighters the best,most profitable platform to showcase their skills,he's a bastard,so thats it,he's bad for the sport.
    I personally think he looks like a right smarmy bastard also,maybe that set the sport back an extra five years also Rolling Eyes,anyway it's not as if they have ever carried that threat out and have actually ever put another Org out of buisness is it,so what else do you have,nevermind that they can't crush or put any Org out of buisness unless that org has actually done something that they can build a legal case against,that they can win.

Don't forget that they don't have any power in these matters and they are only a tiny buisness,nothing like WWE and other real big sporting Orgs,like you keep telling us,so what can they actually do,being such a small company in the big bad world.

They can threaten to pull sponserships and tell fighters that they won't be welcome in the UFC if they fight elsewhere but thats about it,wooooooooooooo thats killing the sport,thats just looking after the best interests in your own company IMO.

I judge things on what have actually happened and not on statements or actions that have not happened or have been taken out of context for what he was probably talking about at the time.

but if you want to ignore all the good things that dana and the UFC have done for the sport and want to use statements about things that have never actually happened,as a way of saying he's bad for the sport,then thats your prerogative I guess,but I can't see it for anything else apart from unfounded bitterness,that I'm still unsure of why you actually carry,i have my theories why,but i'd love for you to actually explain why you dispise the UFC,Dana and there fans so much.

tell me anything that they have done that actually happenened,that have been bad for the sport in anyway.

because i don't think you can,but i wioll sit here happily in anticipation waiting to be proved wrong.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm

So wanting a monopoly over the entire sport for his company is not bad for MMA?? Fair enough.

The Fertittas have done and continue to do great things for the sport. Their mouthpiece on the other hand, is bad for the sport.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

If he's just the mouth piece then surely that means that it's the fertitas who are the ones wanting a monopoly on the sport,doesn't it?
    (what is he,just a mouth piece or is it his company,because so many people seem to convieniently flip this,depending on what they are arguing)

from a fans point of view,which at the end of the day is all we are,then i'd love to see the worlds best fighters all in one org,being made to fight other top talent constantly,so i can't see personally,a down side for us fans.(there might be,but I'm obviously just not seeing it)

Don't forget they don't want or couldn't afford to have every fighter in the world signed up,they just want a certain number,but that number wants to be solely filled with the very best fighters out there in all divisions.

The UFC needs plenty of other Orgs from all around the planet for the rest of the fighters,Orgs that can develope and unearth fresh top talent,who can earn there way up,to be tested with the best in the world,and ones that also give a place for experiance good fighters to refind themselves if they have struggled in the UFC,to maybe get another chance,if they can re earn one,while raising the standard for the fresh blood to challenge themselves against and prove they belong at the next level.

So far i've seen nothing but the UFC supporting some of these smaller Orgs,like MFC,Shark and Belletti fights,because they know how valuble they can be to them,finding the next best fighters.

Some orgs want to work with the UFC and others don't,they want to go head to head against them and establish themselves as a top Org,which is fair enough,but it surely can't be surprising if Dana and his fighters don't have great things to say about the compitition is it,just like strikeforce/dream etc bosses and fighters don't usually have many good things to say about the UFC.
    It's not as if it's all one sided critasisms.

They had a little rift with bellator over some alledged stolen documents,which seems to have blown over and also bellator attacked the UFC over that guy off TUF,because he was supposedly still under contract with them,when he went on the show.(but again nothing seems to have happened in either case)
    In the case of strikeforce,well the reasons these two don't get along are pretty obvious,since the showtime boys and strikeforce bosses were already at odds with the UFC before this,so they wanted to go in direct compition with the UFC,.then you've got to add all the fedor crap and frank shamrock's obvious hate towards the UFC,for whatever personal reasons he has.

There is no way in the world either of these orgs would not try and go to war with each other,since the major players on each side,hated each other,even before Strikeforce stepped up as the UFC's biggest compitition.

the bad side of them being the only top org out there IMO,would maybe be just for the fighters as i can see it(I might be missing something else,but this is the biggest problem that could happen,that i can think of)
    and thats,because they would have a lack of negotiating power,when it comes to renewing contracts.

I might be missing some major things that would make it really bad,but because i'm in no way an expert in the pro's and cons of them having a monopoly and I don't claim to be,so i can't exactly say what the downsides of it happening would be,so let me know if i'm missing something and why it would be so bad.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

He's just a mouth piece now, it's fairly obvious that since the Fertittas have taken a full time interest, and Joe Silva has become much more prominent, that Dana's power is reduced to running his mouth. His attitude and personal conduct is borderline disgraceful and a major reason that MMA still hasn't been sanctioned in New York. The Fertittas and Silva have shown some leeway in relation to talent sharing and Lorenzo now negotiates with a number of people who refuse to deal with Dana, Tito and CroCop being the obvious ones, as well as BlackHouse.

Can't imagine anybody with a braincell has ever argued that the UFC is Dana's company. He may own 10% or whatever of the UFC but he's just an employee of Zuffa and nothing more.

His attitude is shockingly poor for the sport. He doesn't want the sport to grow, he merely wants to line his pockets.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

I mean't that people claim that he has no power and is just a mouth piece and the head promoter for the UFC,but then they claim that he make decisions that are not in the best interests of the sport.

If he's just the mouth piece then surely he doesn't get to make any major decisions,that can be claimed that have been bad for the sport.

i do agree with you about somethings he says,he can come across as an egotistical arsehole and sometimes his opinions are cringeworthy,but i honestly believe his heart is in the right place,when it comes to the best interests of the sport(we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one)

as for Dana being a major part of the reason that MMA is not allowed in New York,I think thats a load of rubbish.

Not once have i heard any of the guys in New York who are completely anti giving MMA a chance there, have ever mentioned anything about any of the reasons,being because of the people running the sport(or dana's part in the UFC),it's always came down to the idea that they think the sport is barbaric and is just a glorified version of human cock fighting,it's the sport that they are anti,not the people running it.

plus alot of these guys are big boxing backers and don't want MMA competing and taking money off them in there state.(can't provide any proof in this,but it's a rumour that has doing the rds for a long time,that i think has something in it)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 pm

When they first tried to get into New York Dana thought he could bully his way in and just treat people however he wanted. He did a number of interviews and debates where he abused people, called them morons and all sorts of other Dana things and people in NY hold a grudge. Especially when you need something from them.

Boxing promoters had more swing in Vegas than in NY and more to lose, they got steamrolled when they tried to protest MMA becoming what it has. Promoters in NY = Don King. Nobody will take his side over anyone on any matter.

Dana HAS made decisions that have been bad for the sport when he was in a position of greater power, now he hurts the sport with his attitude.

"it's the sport that they are anti,not the people running it"

Dana White does not run MMA. He plays a part in running the UFC(a role which has shrunk over the last 2 years), but as much as you would like it to be, the UFC is not bigger than the sport of MMA.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Not once have i heard any of the guys in New York who are completely anti giving MMA a chance there, have ever mentioned anything about any of the reasons,being because of the people running the sport(or dana's part in the UFC)

What bit of this did you get the Idea I claimed Dana is running MMA,I clearly say "or Dana's part in the UFC",the exact same line you followed up with,after you silly little pop.

I never have claimed he does run MMA,but there is no denying that the UFC are the major power in MMA,who carry the most clout,thats why it is mainly them and not other Orgs that are breaking down peoples bad opinions on the sport and are successfully pushing it to be legalised in other states and countries.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 pm

You said "it's the sport that they are anti,not the people running it"

those are your exact words.

And you clearly haven't been listening for more than the last year then. A number of the decision makers made comments about Dana.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 am

yeah sorry I did write that,I stand corrected.
    It wasn't mean't like that though.

In hindsight it should of read, "it's the sport that they are anti,not the people challenging there decision" but hey ho,I didn't so,I was wrong.

the UFC are the ones that are battling this law,so they are the ones representing MMA in this case

It was the wrong line to write,since I only see Dana as the main promoter for the UFC(mouth piece as you like to call him) and not someone that is running things and making the major decisions.(I do believe the fertitas trust and take on board alot of what he say's to them,but ultimately,they are the ones that decide on things in the end.)

Being the reason why I can't see how Dana would be the problem and why I don't get why people like yourself don't take alot of what he says in public with a pinch of salt.

I can't see these guys,being that daft and petty by keeping up a ban,because of one over opinionated guy.
    They don't like the sport and in there critasisms of it,certain,equally over opinionated people on there side of the arguement,will have pops at dana and some of the UFC's fighters,(this happens in nearly all arguments,you should know,you yourself resort to it 99% of the time,)but there is no way thats one of the main reasons why they are against allowing the sport in there state.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:56 am