THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

The Movie Curse

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Movie Curse Empty The Movie Curse

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:56 pm

just to add to my nerves for the Randy fight,i got thinking about all the fighters that have lost straight after making a Movie,will Randy beat the curse this time after filming the Expendables? Very Happy

Randy Couture lost to Brock Lesnar After filming "The Scorpion King 2" @ UFC 91

Roger Huerta lost to Pat Curran after "Tekken" @ Bellator 17

Gina Carano lost to Cyborg Santos after "Blood and Bone" @ Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg

Cung Le lost to Scott Smith after "Pandorum" @ Strikeforce: Evolution

Quinton Jackson lost to Rashad Evans after "The A-Team" @ UFC 114

fedor Emelianenko lost to Fabricio Werdum after filming "The 5th Execution" @ Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum

Lennox Lewis lost to Rahman after filming Oceans eleven

Tarver lost to Hopkins after doing Rocky

I don't think Arlovski has won a fight since he filmed the Universal Soldier

Bj lost to GSP @ UFC 94 after filming Never Surrender,but this doesn't really count since GSP was in it also. Very Happy

Can you think of anymore?
    I leave the rest to you lot,but surley Sapp,Herring Etc fall into this also.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Movie Curse Empty Re: The Movie Curse

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 pm

hmmm, i think you are just being paranoid, Fedor filmed 5th excecution way back when he was training for the Arlovski fight, and the won that + rogers fight.

Ken Shamrock did a bunch of movies when he was in WWF, then came back and trashed Otsuka Smile
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't really buy into any of this,I just think it's funny and was worthy of making into a topic.

Obviously,for most of them,it was just a case of not having there heads 100% in the right place to fight properly and this leads to poor training camps,or rushed camps in some cases,which no matter how good you are,when you are fighting at the top level,if you don't put the work in properly during training,then you can't expect to beat a guy that has.
    Lennox vs Rahman was a perfect example of this,because look what happened in there 1st fight,when Lennox didn't train properly,then compare it to when Lewis did put the effort in for there second fight,it was night and day.

I don't buy into any superstitions really,I don't buy into religion,big foot or fairy tales and most importantly,I don't own a single pair of lucky pants or socks. affraid
    (maybe this explans why my beloved Forest have been poor for the last 11 years Mad )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:25 am