THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December? Empty Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December?

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 pm

“We plan to organize an interim fight for Fedor. We are considering two options: Japan and Russia. We have a lucrative offer from the Japanese partners, who are interested in Fedor fighting on the New Year’s Eve. This is the most interesting option for us. But we are also not exluding an option that Fedor Emelianenko will fight in Russia, sometime in December. We have to organize another fight for Fedor, as Fabricio Werdum is currently injured and no one knows when he will come back. Strikeforce have absolutely nothing against the rematch, that’s exactly why we are planning the last fight on Fedor’s contract to be against Werdum.”

Interesting, I dont know what fight he wants in Russia and I dont think they can feed him a can. What about Dream? Can Barnett fight there? Maby Overeem could fight him there between his K-1 fights?

Its good thinking because he can keep busy and M-1 can get the fight they want in Werdum.

Fedor/Werdum/Overeem suddenly all out of SF for a few months? Poor Bigfoot, he might get struck with Rogers!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December? Empty Re: Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December?

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

I thought not long back that Vadim Finkelstein said there was absolutely zero chance of Fedor fighting MMA in Russia because there is zero money available from TV or sponsers over there.

I think Russia will be a no go,but Japan is an obvious move for them and is just the kind of headline fight Japanese MMA are in desperate need of.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December? Empty Re: Fedor to fight in Japan/Russia in December?

Post  sunthunder Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:42 am

I highly doubt Dream have:

a) The money to pay Fedor
    b) The ability to convince Vadim that they have the money to pay Fedor

One off show in Russia is more likely against some random can.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:56 pm