THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Sonnen says he was out when ref called the fight

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sonnen says he was out when ref called the fight Empty Sonnen says he was out when ref called the fight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 pm

"I never once disputed the tap, but I also didn't know it happened. Whether I tapped or I didn't tap -- and that's by no way me saying I didn't tap ... I haven't seen the video -- it was the right stoppage.

"Josh woke me up to let me know the fight was over. Josh was saying my name the same way my mother used to wake me up for school in the morning. 'Chael...Chael...'She'd say it over and over and it would kind of get in my dream and I'd snap out of it. That's what it was like with Josh. He repeated my name three or four times and I remember when I came to, 'Am I the champion?' I didn't know how it ended. Josh Rosenthal is awesome.

"The UFC has awesome refs, and with that being said, he's at the top of the list. Above all, his job is to keep us safe and he's always kept me safe."

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sonnen says he was out when ref called the fight Empty Re: Sonnen says he was out when ref called the fight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:58 pm