THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

YEAH,Bellators back

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

YEAH,Bellators back Empty YEAH,Bellators back

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Thats better,my thursday nights are back to normal,now bellator season 3 has kicked off,as normal they didn't let us down. cheers

The night kicked of with Neil Grove easily beating Eddie Sanchez in just 92 seconds,to advance to the next rd of the Heavyweight Tournament.

Grove dropped Sanchez early with his first straight left punch of the fight,and Sanchez never found his way back into the fight from there on. Grove smothered him with strikes from the top, and Sanchez did all he could to defend himself, but several of Grove's strikes got through.

Eventually, Grove let Sanchez up before dropping him and swarming again,Grove was ragdolling sanchez with ease. When Grove let him up a second time, a weary Sanchez was very slow to return to his feet and asked the referee for a moment,while whincing and checking the bumps on his head to see if there was blood. Referee Jorge Alonso instead called a halt to the action.

"He's very durable and I saw a bunch of his previous fights, so I knew I'd have to hit him hard to finish the fight," Grove said. "Right then and there [after the opening knockdown] I thought it'd be easy but he kept taking the punches. It's a credit to Eddie, he stood back up and I knew I had more to do."

If you are unsure on womens MMA,and doubt there skills,I recommend you watch Megumi Fujii,so you can put all your doubts to bed.This is one technically very good fighter,her stand up is pretty sharp(which is the weak part of her game)and her ground game is absolutely top class.

Last night Megumi Fujii,pushed her unmatched streak to 21 wins in a row to start her career with a second-round submission over late replacement Carla Esparza.

Fujii shook off a close first round,capitalizing on her great ground game to notch the arm bar win, which advances her into the second round of Bellator's 115-pound women's tournament.

Fujii and Esparza fought an even first round,with them both standing and striking for the majority of the rd,with Esparza using her wrestling to keep the fight standing,it was a pretty close rd but I still gave the 1st rd to Fujii..just.
    Fujii did pulled off a great piece of ground work at the end of the rd,swarming Esparza and transitioning for a choke,just as the bell went.

That momentum Fujii had built up on the ground at the end of the 1st,set up whast was going to happen in the 2nd rd. Fujii used a clinch to roll into a leglock, and quickly transitioned to an arm bar that led to the finish.
    Sweet moves that any fighter wpould of been happy with..

Fujii improved her remarkable record to a perfect 21-0 with the victory, and she remains a heavy favorite to capture Bellator's inaugural women's tourney.

Jessica Aguilar emerged victorious in the night's other women's tournament opener, using an arm triangle to get a first-round tapout win over Lynn Alvarez.

Aguilar took Alvarez down early in the first and worked patiently for an opening, once nearly securing the arm triangle before Alvarez escaped. She tenaciously continued onward with her ground attack, and the second time was the charm as she used the same submission hold to close out the fight at 4:01 of the round.

Please give Lombard some real compitition.
    He is just blasting his way through this run of bums he has been being fed for far to long now,he looks absolutely amazing and it's easy to make comparisons with Tyson,when he was blasting people out left right and centre,but It's easy to get caught up with his hype,as it's amazing to watch someone just continuesly destroying people in a matter of seconds,but what happens when he steps up and faces real compitition,afterall the two times in the past he has,against Gono and Mousasi,he's failed.
    So please step up to strikeforce or the UFC and fight a top guy,so you can justify the hype.(Schlemenko,is not a challenge IMO,personally I think he lucked his way to the Tourney win,Hess would of beat him if not for the knee injury and baker was gassed after a minute and just looked awful,anyway neither of these are a good challenge for Lombard either)

Last night he easily destroyed his latest bum victim in just 44 seconds,former green bay Packers running back Herbert "Whisper" Goodman.

Lombard has won 15 straight and is undefeated in his last 20 bouts dating back to Feb. 2007. The Cuban-born fighter has steamrolled most of his competition during the streak, finishing 11 of his last 12 opponents.

Goodman was simply overwhelmed by Lombard much the way most of his recent opponents have been. Lombard staggered Goodman with a vicious right hook, then followed up a few seconds later with a straight right that knocked him down. Lombard swarmed with ground strikes, but ref Jorge Alonso quickly realized Goodman was out, and the fight was stopped just 38 seconds in and Goodman was still out for a good minute or so after the fight had ended.

The fight was a non-title bout, so while Lombard's belt was not at stake, the win virtually assures that he will be able to face No. 1 contender Alexander Shlemenko on Oct. 28.

Asked by Bellator analyst Jimmy Smith about his prediction for the Shlemenko fight, Lombard emphasized his usual track to victory. "Knockout artist, brother," he said

After the fight,Lombard did make a great call out,he called out Josh Barnett.

Apparently bored with the competition that Bellator is offering him in the middleweight division, Lombard used his mic time after polishing off Herbert "Whisper" Goodman by calling out former UFC heavyweight champ Josh Barnett.

"Hey Josh Barnett, I want to fight you, too," Lombard yelled out. "I don't care how much you weigh, I want to fight you."

Barnett was in the crowd after cornering Japanese fighter Megumi Fujii during her win earlier in the evening and did not visibly respond.

Also on the card Yves Edwards def. Luis Palomino via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Other big news that came out last night was that Eddie Alverez has signed up to fight Roger Huerta cheers

With season two tournament winner Pat Curran sidelined by an undisclosed injury, UFC veteran and tourney semifinalist Roger Huerta will fight lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez in a non-title main event at Bellator 33 on October 21 in Philadelphia

anyone find any videos please post them.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

YEAH,Bellators back Empty Re: YEAH,Bellators back

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Is Bellator showing in the UK? Never seen it advertised but it seems like a great watch.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Sanchez/Grove
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ICJCC1IQ

Fuji/Esparza
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XQI7CMKZ

Aguilar/Alvarez
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6PADZ0JP

that cage is fucking huge. Shocked
    the end of the first round in fujii fight is sweeeeeeet. i love the catch wrestler submissions out of nowhere....none of that "position before submission" b.s. jocolor

also, some fighters like anderson silva dont need a translator but use it anyway, i think fujii is the opposite!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Excited by the HW tournament, hope to see Konrad win next week, but will be tough as he faces a BJJ BB wiz with ADCC experience.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Nice 1 for the vid links chesty.

The cage does look big,really big infact,when you've got two 5'2,115lb women in it Very Happy

I was laughing,while watching with the wife last night,they are about the same size as my 11 year old daughter,shes 5'1 and about 108lbs.

Fujii can attempt a submission from any position,her moves and transitions at the end of rd 1 and for the finish were top draw stuff.

Fujii is great,and is with out a doubt the most entertaining womans fighter out there.I love the pace she pushes and when she's in her element on the ground,it's just a pleasure to watch her work.

also, some fighters like anderson silva dont need a translator but use it anyway, i think fujii is the opposite!

Laughing
    It's cute,to hear the simple one or two word answers like "yes" or "yes,armbar" but your dead right,she definitely needs an translater for her next fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=TDQW1YJB

H.Lombard vs A.Can

Feeding Bums to Lombard like that is going to get someone seriously hurt! Laughing

Lombard needs to get himself into SF or UFC badly.

Also cheers for the Grove vs Sanchez vid mate, Grove was looking very trim and had a little more speed about him, fair play to him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 pm