THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:58 am

http://www.justin.tv/mma_stream

or HQ

http://www.justin.tv/mma_stream_hq

watch it here, now, the most stacked card of the year!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty ********Spoiler***********

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:35 pm

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=YENZXZ4Y

Overeem UD's Peter Aerts! Ive just watched it. I though Aerts was disapointing Overeem just Overwhelmed him. Aerts looked a lot quicker in his last fights since the weight loss but he looks to have slowed a bit... Age is catching up on all the K-1 greats. Good to see Judges werent Bios like Overeem though. Overeems chin looked great he took a few flush shots from a big hitting K-1 figher. His chin used to get called into question a lot when he shyed away from shots. Overeem looks a new man, he is confident to exchange and take shots from anyone now. I cant wait to see him back in MMA. Anyone know what Overeem Weighed? I wonder if he is cycling off the HGH to propperly compete in the US?

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WJKP6178

Fuck me this was some event I wish I watched it live! Was it in English Chesty? Those Manhoef KO's in the build up were Crazy!! Ones for his Highlight-reel! Bonjasky is awsome, he has to be close to K-1's 2nd best Ever. And Manhoef went toe to toe with him this time! Id like to watch that again but Im sure it split opinions on who won.

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21663/Badr_Hari_vs_Zabit_Samedov

Badr Hari looked amazing! Good to see all the Big names in the Mix now. I think Badr Hari could get the win over Bonjasky this year.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=4T9AJHHN

Big Semmy Schilt shashing the blocks with his hand! cool Build up even if it was in Japanese!! Its a really good line up for the WGP this year. Its a shame Aerts got taken out so early but still a great line up. Id love to see Overeem vs Schilt. Id love to see how Overeem deals with him! All the big names came through...

Any other links to the fights? I havnt seen JLB, Actually JLB vs Overeem is the fight I want to see now.

**MMA Spoiler**

Just though id post the Sefo Strikeforce fight, Its a poor quality video but here it is..

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/ray-sefo-vs-kevin-jordan-video-strikeforce-challengers/

Good to see Sefo win, Obviously his striking is going to be as good as anyone in the heavyweight class in MMA, but his Sprawl impressed me, He was terrible off his back but he works on his weakness I could see him cracking the top 15 at Hw soon. (well he needs to soon because Time isnt exactly on his side at 38!)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty Re: k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah Overeem was 250lbs... I think he went down by a couple of lbs each fight recently. I dont know wether its onlything to read into but I think he was near 260 at one stage and he was consistently shed a few lbs each fight... I think he could be off the HGH now. Maby he is avoiding the fight in the US till he can come in 100% clean
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty ********Spoiler***********

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Daniel Cormier also won in MMA, anyone got a link?
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty How about this for controversial?

Post  Paddyjock Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Taiei Kin vs. Catalin Morosanu

Back to the original point. I wasn't overly impressed with Overeem. I though he just plodded straight towards Aerts. Little head movement and when Arets did throw anything Overeem just covered up and took it on the arms or gloves. He's going to need to improve that movement in MMA or he is going to sleep.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live Empty Re: k1 world gp 2009 link to watch live

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:17 pm

it was a stream from HDnet so yes it was in english with the aussie and some other bald guy called Kogan.

i only stumbled across it as the Russian guy Ruslan something was about to fight against a japanese fighter, i was looking for the Sefo fight from strikeforce!

Le Banner/Mushashi is one of the most entertaining K1 fights i have seen (i havent seen many).

I reckon Schilt will win it with a KO of Hari!

As for Overeem, i agree with Paddyjock his style is great for K1, with the big gloves, but wouldnt be so effective in MMA, it also annoyed me the way he kept throwing Aerts down, he did it to bonjasky too if i recall, and it isnt part of the sport.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:21 pm

At least Overeem isnt gunshy anymore, I think he has improved in that respect. He has a lot more power now at heavy and I think he doesnt move about because he is happy to go punch for punch. His Straights and Muay Thai Uppercut (Long popping out uppercut) are very powerfull, If he can bang with K-1's top guys he can bang with anyone in MMA, but he certainly has lost some mobility.

Cant wait to see the JLB fight, Im really hoping for Overeem vs JLB I think it would be a great fight style wise. Schilt got Sparked out by Hari before, I was worried about his chin, but seeing him take that headkick and shrug it off impressed me.

Not many KO's for a K-1 event though!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 pm

the aussie only got to say "THERES THE BIG KABOOSH AND ITS GOOD-NIGHT IRENE!!" once or twice.

I reckon putting on so much weight will have helped Alistairs 2 main weaknesses that he had at LHW, his cardio and his chin, due to extreme weight cutting, both of these suffered come fight time, and adding extra muscle gave him muscles on his face and a huge neck, which gives him better punch resistance (like Holyfield when he moved to HW) , i do think he will be prone to running out of gas in MMA though, it tires people out much quicker than K1.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:53 am

thanks for psoting the fights good event!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm