THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Rampage Quits

Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Rampage Quits Empty Rampage Quits

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 am

This has been posted everywhere else. I'm sure it's the heat of the moment but it's interesting reading how Dana supposedly screwed him over behind the scenes.....
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2651057/Rampage-Jackson-quits-UFC.html
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Rampage Quits Empty Re: Rampage Quits

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Yup this will end one way only Rampage signs for Strikeforce................................................................only kidding Laughing

I don't understand the hullabaloo about this it is obvious Rampage won't retire on such a quick whim he will be back in the octagon by Spring next year.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Dont believe he is "Retired" Its like Mayweathers "retirement" I think Dana will apologise, He is so quick to run his mouth and start taling shit about fighers. Rampage and him will make up and Rampage will be back in the UFC.

I really dont see the A-Team as a launching pad to being a movie star... If he is still fighting he is a big name, If he is retired he isnt as big a star...

Interestingly Huerta says he isnt done fighting because he doesnt want to leave MMA with back to back losses... I wonder if he will resign with UFC?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:39 pm

I doubt it to be honest but I don't blame Dana too much, he didn't say anything too bad and well Rampage screwed up a big fight for the UFC. He needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more but Ramapage didn't make things easy. Either way I don't think Rampage has developed his game enough to be a champion again in MMA, slow hands, basic boxing and some decent wrestling isn't going to beat Shogun, Silva, Evans and especially Machida.

I wish him well in the future, but I really hope he doesn't expect big things out of the A-team movie.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 pm

The A-Team movie will bomb out and Rampage will be back... who wants to see an A-Team movie with a totally different A-Team? It might as well just be any other crappy action film....... why didn't they just use the real BA to play BA? He looks exactly the same as 20yrs ago in the Snickers advert.

I must as well it annoyed me that he was slagging Dana off for giving him a shot at Chuck as his second fight, I mean what sort of a fighter doesn't want a title shot?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am