THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Road to the Title for Lil Nog...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Road to the Title for Lil Nog... Empty Road to the Title for Lil Nog...

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 4:12 pm

"Rodrigo moved to the United States and started fighting professionally. Three years later, he convinced me to do the same. In the beginning of my career, my jiu-jitsu skills were really what helped me inside the ring. It's what got me my first few wins. My [Alistair] Overeem fight proved that I can stand with anybody. I've boxed competitively all over the world. I won the gold at the 2006 South American Games. A lot of my confidence came from that gold medal. This year I plan to step up and show that I am a champion too. I want to show the UFC fans that I'm here to stay. I want to win the championship belt. Hopefully, I will be able to get another shot at Shogun. I just want to prove I could have beat him the first time. The UFC is my home, I feel very happy and I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon."

Training for UFC 114

Lil Nog HL.... just for the sake of it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are peoples thoughts on Where Nog stands if he wins tonight? I think given Evans record and Rampages list of wins it may even be premature to rank him above even the looser but he is top 5 now by my rankings and id expect him to be similar elsewhere...

With Forrest Griffin scheduled to get Katate'd to death my Machida, despite Lil Nog wanting him I dont see that fight happening. Machida is also out given the dates, as the Winner of Machida vs Forrest wont be ready till the end of the year.

Ive 2 Ideas and im sure this is what most people are thinking.

Randy Couture - this is the fight Ive wanted to see Nog is for ages and he would reall get to showcase his skills by KOing Couture in the 1st Wink

Evans/Rampage looser - I think Mir said they dont usually matchup guys coming off a loss with guys coming off a win but I think this makes sence, the looser of this should be ranked Right becide Nog, and should be a former UFC Lhw champ. If this is a competitive fight I think he winner gets a shot and the loose gets Nog.

Theres a lot of pressure on his to win tonight and everyone is overlooking Jason Brilz who is actually a very good fighter. I really hope he gets throught this because I can see him being a title contender and possibly champ... I think he has a better chance of beating Shogun than anyone and its a rematch im itching to see.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Road to the Title for Lil Nog... Empty Re: Road to the Title for Lil Nog...

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 6:36 pm

I'd like to see him fight Couture, i think it's a pretty easy fight for Nog. Couture is done.

Then perhaps Thiago Silva after that?

I think the loser of Rampage-Evans gets the winner of Machida-Griffin.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 7:28 pm

If Machida is planning on fighting in September then he needs to look for new opponent, because Forrest has had to have surgery and is expected to return around October time....

I would like to see Machida fight Rampage when he loses tonight, or Lil Nog if the Forrest fight is off.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 7:50 pm

How about Cane vs Machida if Cane wins tonight?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 29, 2010 9:03 pm

I wouldn't think so Anfield, Cane is a step down from Griffin and Machida is an awful match for him. Cane fights a lot like Thiago Silva does except he doesn't have as much power and his ground game isn't as solid. Easy win for Machida. Rampage seems a good fight for Machida after tonight, whatever happens.

Lil Nog would go ahead of the loser of Rampage- Evans easily IMO. Randy sounds like a good opponent, but what about Ricco/Arona if they come soon enough?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 9:20 pm

September/October.... Im sure Machida will wait a month for the chance to pick off Forrest.... All these good Lhw's like Nog and Machida see him as a ranked guy who is easy pickings, like Vultures circling a corpse! Laughing

Anfield you dont rate Nog or think he would be on the Level of face the Evans vs Rampage winner?

Maby lower ranked but Liddell/Franklin winner would make for a war with him. Liddell vs Lil Nog sounds like a classic (well would have been a few years ago)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Ben, i just don't think Dana rates Nog as highly as he should to be honest mate.

Chelski, I think Machida will come back against a lower level fighter. I also think Cane is just as good as Forrest to be honest. Yes he got KO'd by Nog, but look at what's happened Forrest more than once and not always against top competition.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 30, 2010 12:44 am

Oh wait, I just realised that Machida vs Griffin ISN'T confirmed. I thought you meant for Machida to fight Griffin THEN Cane. Ok fair enough then, Griffin is a bigger name though and IMO a better fighter anyway. He has losses to average fighters but he has some over top quality opponents as well. Griffin's biggest 3 or 4 wins are bigger than anyone Cane has beaten.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:26 am