THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Xande Ribeiro For The UFC?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Xande Ribeiro For The UFC? Empty Xande Ribeiro For The UFC?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I had a contract with [Sengoku in] Japan, but when Japan went through a tough phase, the event was canceled and they did not continue with what they had to do. They had to give me two fights, but didn’t give me any. I would do another event [with them] here in America, but the contract wasn’t very good, the clauses weren’t nice. We work on our name within Jiu-Jitsu for a long time and a lot of MMA people start saying things about Jiu-Jitsu. I will keep on worshiping Jiu-Jitsu, so I’ll fight with who worships the sport and me. It didn’t happened, but [I'm] in negotiation with another event, which I can’t speak right now, but let’s wait and see it goes on the right way so I can fight on September. As I said, my main focus in MMA was not fighting strong. Of course I wanted to fight, but my focus was on the lessons I could learn from it, the getting stronger part, my evolvement on Wrestling and Boxing, so I can be ready when I step on the ring. A lot of people train to fight and now I’m training to learn. When I step on the ring again, with God’s help, it will be on UFC’s, and I hope I’m in a good shape so that I can represent well our Jiu-Jitsu and show my evolvement in the last years.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Xande Ribeiro For The UFC? Empty Re: Xande Ribeiro For The UFC?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Oh ye, I'd love to see that. One of the very best BJJ practioners today, but lets hope something comes of it unlike Arona.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Has the Arona deal fallen through? I've not heard anything about it for a while.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Well I assume so because it hasn't been mentioned in ages.

As I write this, I went on Wiki and it says he is meant to fight before the end of 2010 so they must have figured something out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content