THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
pinsman
hendos_right_hook
Albion_Oakley
Additional Generic
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
wilksdaman
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
Shogun No1
Paddyjock
15 posters

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 2 Empty Re: SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

Post  sunthunder Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Laughing That was a laugh!! I kind of get where they are coming from though. Miller was a big man to apologise, gotta like that. I dont mind the guy at all, I hoped for him against Shields and still would, I just think he learned his lesson that people wont tolerate that type of stuff.

Check out what Melendez said about Co-Promotion fights,

“Kawajiri wants to fight me. We had a great fight last time. I think he should come over here (to the U.S.) this time. I’d like to go fight Shinya for the title over there (in Japan).”

“Maybe we could co-promote with (Bellator lightweight champion) Eddie Alvarez. I’d love to fight Eddie Alvarez. Anyone in the top 10 outside of the UFC – I mean, I’d like to fight Frankie Edgar or B.J. Penn, as well. I think it’s great Scott Coker is co-promoting. It’s great for MMA that he’s working with DREAM, and I think it’d be great if all the organizations worked together and have a true No. 1 champion of the world and forget the rankings and just let it be done like that.”

If Crusher beats Aoki for the title this will be huge. I think he could get a fight with Alvarez, maby JZ if he gets back on the map.

*Inserts generic pro-Kawajiri sentiment*
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 2 Empty Re: SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm

well thought out post.(PAYNE)

but to be honest i am "over" the legitimacy thing, its clear to me now that the UFC (and i dont blame them for trying to make money) is sacrificing part of the nature of the sport in order to become a boxing immitator and therefore more widely accepted....and it will probably never make the top sports story, never make the back page of the papers etc. because its a bit controversial.

like i said they are sacrificing parts of mma to pander to boxing fans:

from the retard round by round scoring....
    the 10 point must system....
    all the wrong priorities when it comes to what moves should and shouldn't be allowed....elbows but no knees!affraid affraid affraid
    scrapping a large piece of the backbone of mma, tournaments!!! for a boxing style hierarchy of fighters...when really mma is closer to the sport of kickboxing, wrestling and submission grappling (all tournaments)

i understand that alot of people will not accept soccer kicks, but in my opinion if they wont accept soccer kicks then they aren't the target audience.
    bom

(reading that back it looks like a selfish attitude)

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 pm

also ben, i am liking Melendez' attitude!

if only he could behave himself on national tv. Embarassed
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Melendez stayed out of most of it and apologiesd straight away, I think they will all go unpinished when all the talk dies down.

Him vs Alvarez is the best possible fight outside the UFC I suppose but I like the Idea of him vs Huerta too if them and Bellator can co promote which I dont see as a problem if it happens is Dream say.

I half agree with you both lads, no denying UFC's success and what they have done for MMA but I dont like how they do things. The Unified rules, Judging scoring and IMO Cage need fixing. Japan hasnt done this but in a Perfect world a compromise of rules and scoring would sort everything.

Knees to the head in (Keeps the action going and anything that keeps the strikes coming the fans win)

Elbows in

White cage in (Laughing been too long since I mentioned it)

Tournaments in (K-1 does it, they just need 2 X 5 min round and 2 fight a night Maximun I say)

10 Must system in though...

More Japanese scoring in (Attempts to finish the fight and Damage done to be scored Octogon controll out of scoring, Seriously Penn holding the centre of the cage good octogon controll or bad??? What is Octogon controll and why does it matter in a fight)

Yellow cards in (Lack of agression like Wall and stall or Dryhumoing kept to a minimum. This is MMA, a fight Holding them down or against a cage wall doesnt finish the fight. The White cage stops a bit of wall and Stall but the refs need to intervene when fighters agre dryhumping and what Anderson pulls would not be able to pull his shit)

The fans win then This wont happen under Dana Whites Monoploy, I love what UFC have done for the sport but they are bad for Progression the the sport now in many ways. They are stopping a legit ranking system which can only be good for the sport. Boxing has it and still has its superfights etc..
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:29 am

The brawl is offically under investigation now. I think fines and bans are the inevitable outcome here.

Perhaps fining everyone involved, and giving the Diaz bros and maybe Shields a 90 day ban or something.

Jake did throw some punches before being held.....

(Well seeing how Jake punches maybe a 9 day ban will suffice Laughing )
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 am

"(Well seeing how Jake punches maybe a 9 day ban will suffice Laughing )"

Laughing Laughing That was a good one!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 am

I was under the impression and i'm sure i've seen interviews with dana saying that he would like to change some of the rules but the Athletic commissions won't allow it,the UFC aren't the ones setting the rules,there just following a guideline of what is allowed and what isn't but i'm not sure about the tourneys, since bellator are doing them,I see no reason why the UFC can't.

I'm sure in time the rules and judging will get costantly tweaked,shit football is nearly 200 years old and there still tweaking rules,it's just about working on changing peoples opinions on the sport and working on making it a recognised legit sport everywhere first,untill everyone is on the same page,which the UFC are spending big amounts of money on trying to get laws changed so it's available in all 50 states over here but in Oz,Canada,Abu Dhabi etc and they are constantly breaking new ground

the more respect the sport gains,I feel the more the atheletic commissions will weaken their stance and not worry so much about what offence they think certain things will cause.

Don't get me wrong I agree,the scoring system deffinately needs working on and I would like to see knees to the head of a grounded fighter in and they need to get together and make it clear what and how a rd should be scored,I've got zero problems with the cage though,infact I prefer it,also i'd love them to bring back tourneys(absolutely loving Bellator at the mo)but not one day tourneys,the US would never medicly clear a fighter after one fight and nor should they and I don't think open weight tourneys will ever happen in the US either which I also agree with,weight classes are there for a reason,the saftey and fairness of the sport.

I think the early UFC tourneys have deffinately left a sour taste with the US public,UFC and the atheletic commisions after the debacle of fill in winning the belt,fighters not being able to continue,they were just fuck ups really and really stopped MMA from being taken serious for along time but they were one night tourneys.

I think a 3 rd tourney over 6 months would be great though,starting a differant weight every Month would mean tournament fights would be going off all year.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 am

yes it's definatley Dana who is strongly against tournaments for some reason.

maybe still bitter about Chuck? Razz

Bellator have a good thing going, tournaments with the winner fighting the lineal champion in the superfight.

a bit like the original ufc format, or the ADCC format.

DREAM have 2 fights in a night for the semi finals and final, though the fights are shorter i think (at least they were in PRIDE).

this is ok, the final might not be on even footing but everyone gets an even shot going into the tourney so its fair.

i still dont get the appeal of the cage, so, so many negatives compared to the ring and the only good aspect is that there is less interruption for restarts.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 am

You basicly said it for me why I don't think one day tourneys should happen,who wants to see a banged up guy,who has just fought a gruelling SD,struggling in a final against a Fresh guy who could of blown his opponent away in under a minute in the previous rd.

This is a pro sport that should be approached in a professional way,where you train and spend a whole camp studying the guy you know you are fighting,so that you can give your all against one opponent and leave it all in that one fight and don't have to hope that you can save something incase you make the next fight against a mystery opponent,that could be equaly fucked up or fresh as a daisy.

Yep it's the stop start for me that I hate most about the ring,when fighters purposly get tangled or try and fall out of the ring and the ref has to constantly stop the action,I prefer seeing a stacked up fighter,fighting to get out of that position and not having an easy option to stall the action,fighting for me should be fluid with as little ref interuptions as possible and there can be far to many interuptions in a ring.
    When it comes to the stand up side of it,I really see little differance between the ring and cage apart from it's easier to cut off a fighter in a ring and trap them in a corner but like I've said before you still circle exactly the same in a ring or cage,it might be slightly harder but you can still cut someone off in the octagon and trap them in a corner or up against the cage.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 pm

It's finally here,the Nick Diaz apology

did you really think that twat would apologize?
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm

You call that an apology?

I would call that trying to get out of the shit.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

What is this dick on about??? I'm sure it was his brother that hit him, how could miller hit him when he was flat on his back???
    He said Big John grabbed him?? I think he'll find Big John had him pinned down!!!!!
    He is defo stoned on here...he's on another planet!!!!

I hope someone kicks the shit outta the Diaz's soon!!!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Nick Diaz, REALLY needs to cut back on Smoking, as a smoker myself you can really recognise a guy who smokes too WAY too much everyone must know a mate like him you think needs to cut back! Laughing , Niaz is on edge he trails off mid sentince and mumbles... I dont know if its part of him acting like a big teenager or not. He doesnt give a good account of himself becides that. I do think he is like Spides over here (Chavs) but fuck sake were is the love for him as a fighter?? Tyson was an Rapist and Bit someones Ear off.... we all forgave him didnt we?? Laughing I love Watching him and appreciated him so much as a sportsman, Diaz is the same he is just something special to watch recently more than ever.

Zaromskis, Shamrock, Smith, Lawler ages ago, his fights are just something else to watch, In an time we are complaining about Wall n Stall and Dryhumping this boy is breaking compustrike records and putting people down with bodypunches, Whats not to love?

Anyone the video of Diaz vs Gleison Tibau? Cheers.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm

There was nothing that even resembled an apology in that.

Great fighter but these pricks really need controlling or getting rid of.

15 on 1 who's underneath Nick and he says he got punched in the back of the head.

He didn't know what happened,what he wants me to believe that he and his gang haven't had a laugh re watching it since,bullshit.

this is what happened you twat

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 2 Photo-712490
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Don't get me wrong - I love watching him fight. I just think he is a dick.

Smoking or not its no excuse for his behaviour
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 pm

i see clay guida was enjoying the brawl Twisted Evil
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:i see clay guida was enjoying the brawl Twisted Evil

Laughing

No not Smoking for his behavior, Just blame it for his deteriating speach... Have you seen him call out GSP? The guy looses his train of thought so easily! Laughing

Still what a fighter. Its a shame there isnt much at 170 outside the UFC. Think he will cut to 155again? Or more likely step up to 185? There are great fights for him there
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Laughing look at that picture, compare Shield's face to Diaz. Shield looks like he is about to cry and Diaz is about to murder someone.

I enjoy watching him fight but how many times has this happened with him now? Gets involved in situations that really don't require him to go so far with his actions, I really want to watch Mayhem vs Diaz now.

Ben I seriously doubt he can make 155, in Elite XC the LW division was 160 and he struggled with that. I think there's better fights for him at 185, he shouldn't be at too much of a weight disadvantage.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm

nah Nick wont make 155 again.(did he ever?)

this was when he fought at 160, compare with the above pic.

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 2 Nick-diaz

he put on alot of weight since then.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:08 pm

How does everyone think Diaz would get on against some of the Top UFC boys?

Would GSP just take him down and GnP him?

Would he BJ be too small?

Would A Silva be able to out strike him??

I've got no doubt it would've take Diaz long to get a title shot IF he ever came back to the UFC
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm

i think GSP would take him down and dominate him to be honest, as good as his guard is, its happened against lesser fighters than GSP.

i would give him a good shot at beating most of the other guys in the division with the exception of maybe fitch.

just watched the noons fight, i think he looks ALOT faster at higher weights.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 pm

I think Thiago Alves is a nightmare matchup for Diaz.

I agree with you about GSP though, I don't think Diaz could stop the takedowns and from there its pretty acadamic. Fitch would be an intresting matcup though on the ground.

He wouldn't do very well against Silva, his peppering punches would be easily avoided by Silva who would just Ko him in a Griffin-esque finish.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Shinya Aoki Talks Loss To Melendez, Spirit Not Broken

Following his defeat at the hands of Gilbert Melendez on Saturday night, Shinya Aoki talks defeat and what his plans are next:

"It was a decisive defeat. I would like to state a word of appreciation for Mr. Scott Coker and DREAM staff who have worked hard to make this fight a reality. I would like to congratulate Gilbert Melendez for defending his title in our fight tonight. Though some may perceive this as a loss for Japanese MMA, my spirit is not broken and I plan on going back to Japan and putting forth prodigious effort so that I will be able to challenge for the title once again."

"The difference between fighting in the cage and the ring was negligible, and Melendez was just plain good. Fighting in the cage for the first time, I felt comfortable in the new setting and had a blast. I am just grateful that I got to step into the cage."

"Right now, I am in no position of asking for a (DREAM) rematch and I think it's best that I strive to raise the value of 'Shinya Aoki' so that Melendez can say, 'I do not mind fighting Aoki once again' on his accord. As things stand right now, I would cringe if I said, 'I want to fight him again.'"
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm

good attitude from Aoki.

he is one of the most emotional fighters in mma for sure, its sad to see him lose because it means so much to him.

the last 2 times he lost he broke down in tears and well...you saw what happened the last time he won!

anyway he said he wants to train at Cesar Gracie fight team.

its like Saku training with Chuteboxe all over again!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah I have to admit,after that amount of shit I've given him lately,I was happily surprised to read this,very good attitude.

I

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:17 pm