THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Rampage Jackson

Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Rampage Jackson Empty Rampage Jackson

Post  Raiden Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 am

After rewatching Rampage vs Jardine at the weekend, I noticed that his ears are perfect. You notice a lot of mma guys with cauliflower ears, some more so than others but his are perfect.

I also noticed (as I always do) how talented yet one dimensional he is, he's basically a boxer now.

Do you think he the risk of getting cauliflower ears puts him off develping his game? i maybe way off the mark here Rolling Eyes I'm merely firing out an observation.

Maybe he has always had movies in the back of his mind. He definatly has the personality and he also looks the part. He's a really exciting fighter but imagine if he added a bit more ammunition to his arsenal.

On a sidenote, how perfect would he be suited to pro-wrestling. Now before I get attacked I am not comparing mma to pro wrestling, nor am i promoting pro wrestling. I just think with his personality would thrive.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage Jackson Empty Re: Rampage Jackson

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:29 pm

Raiden Rampage was going to be a Pro Wrestler before he became an MMA figher, Im sure when he retires he will do some Pro Wrestling and we will see him hit that powerbomb again!!

Rampages Ears arent anything to do with his style! lol! Sticking to Boxing and ditching the Wrestling is a bad thing for your ears... as you are going to be striking more... Some people just dont get them, Liddells are Ok after a lot of wars etc..

I dont get why he sticks to Boxing, I know he finds BJJ "Boring" so he doesnt want to do it.. which is fare enough, You can get by if you are solid at 2 martial arts. I think Rampage is in for a shock if he keeps only Boxing. His naturat ability has seen him through most fights because he is bigger and stronger than nearly any 205er but his predictable gameplan will see him pick up a few losses against Fighters he cant overwhelm.

Look what Forrest did to him? I think Vera would do the same... Shogun or Machida are too quick and good with Kicks so if he doesnt learn to check leg kicks he is in trouble. The thing is he was made famous my his slams and they sure were effective, It puzzles me why he has become so 1 dimentional.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Raiden Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Rampages Ears arent anything to do with his style! lol! Sticking to Boxing and ditching the Wrestling is a bad thing for your ears... as you are going to be striking more... Some people just dont get them, Liddells are Ok after a lot of wars etc..

I would have thought sticking to boxing and ditching wrestling is a good thing for your ears - you dont see many professional boxers with cauliflower ears

Liddel is an example of someone without much of a ground game, I know he has excellent takedown defence.

I accept though that some people just dont get them and i'm probably way off the mark as to why rampage remains so one dimensional

It confuses me aswel why rampage doesn't develop his game-its a pity. he possiblylikes knocking people out with his fists so much that's all he wants to do

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:00 pm