THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run? Empty Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 am

Rampage has signed with Bellator, some big deal with a tv series and he will wrestle in TNA etc etc

Anyway good news, Rampage needed a step down in competition so I hope he is happier fighting the top guys in Bellator insted of Mid level UFC guys.

Volkov is Massive has a huge amount of KOs to his name, id like to see Rampage fight him. Minakov is another good fight for him and he in both of these could come in heavier id say. Im looking forward to seeing him throw leather with big young fighetrs with good records. I wonder if he will fight in a tornament or will they give him a fight with someone 1st?

Brett Rogers would be an amazing warmup fight if they still have him under contract. Im sure Rampage would have had seconds thoughts about being a heavy if Konrad was still flopping on top of people!

---------------

Ive always wanted to see Penn fight on. Suppose I always do of the legends but Penn isnt getting KO'd and he still only has 3 losses at 155 I think and 1 of those I think he won. Frankie is away from the devision and there is a new champ and a new set of challengers. I think Dana and Co will be happy enough to let a 155lbs BJ fight again because this "motivated BJ Penn" we hear about might show up. Heres hoping he makes another sucessfull run, its hard to see him end a career at 170 outsized where he doesnt belong.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run? Empty Re: Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am

Big pick up for Bellator even though Rampage isn't the fighter he once was he still has a huge appeal and surely even though they are 'cool' with each other surely a fight with King Mo will happen at some point. As for BJ I just hope he stays retired he looked awful against Rory Mac last time out, Plain shot IMO.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run? Empty Re: Rampage the Bellator Heavyweight, BJ back to 155 in UFC for a final run?

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm

and I hear,you boys from back home can now get to watch Bellator events on VIVA,starting with Bellator 96.

I don't know what VIVA is or half the channels you now have.Channel 5 was still bloody new when I left Smile
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Big pick up for Bellator even though Rampage isn't the fighter he once was he still has a huge appeal and surely even though they are 'cool' with each other surely a fight with King Mo will happen at some point. As for BJ I just hope he stays retired he looked awful against Rory Mac last time out, Plain shot IMO.

Rory Mac could be a 205er! I dont think too badly of BJ for that loss, honestly I dont see anyone fighting a top level guy 2 weight classes naturally apart its like GSP fighting Bones.

In this day and age BJ isnt lightyears ahead of everyone else so he cant just fight these massive guys and assume his skills and toughness will get him through.

Also at 170 lets not kid outselves BJ is out of shape. Its like when Nate gets fed up with weight cutting and goes to 170lbs, it doesnt work out for either of them.

BJ at Lw could be top 5 again Id say.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am