THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Cowboys From Hell
manschesthair_utd
1972-casual
thebadgersbits
Mryzyz
payneNglory1
10 posters

Wand's last StannD

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wand's last StannD Empty Wand's last StannD

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 pm

See what I did there...

Anyway Wanderleis possible retirement fight this weekend because UFC arent keeping paying him after another KO. I think he gets a job for life Hughes style if he sticks with them.

Stann is looking to go to 185lbs again after this, he says he is staying fast and I worry for Wand because in a toe to toe firefight Stann>Leben>Wand.

He still has flurries of brilliance, finishing Cung with the knees which he often forgets about and using his straights like in the bisping fight where he was beating him to the Jab. Its taken me a long time to realise it but with guys like Stann Silva just cant let his emotions get the better of him and go to war.

If he cant use his superior outside fighting, his kicks and straights and when he mixes it up he needs to lock up and go for the knees to trip TD. He has a really good GnP game if he can get on the top and I think at 205 he looks much stronger.

Im expecting a Wand loss. Guy is my hero and it will be sad to see but If he retires in Japan it will be a nice way to go out in the Japanese tradition on going out on a loss.

I dont even want to talk about if he wins but if he does I dont think he retires, at 205 he may feel like he has a fresh start and although he isnt taking Jones belt there are meaningfull fights for him like Forrest, or even the Mousasi vs Gus looser.

Heres hoping lads, Ive had a run of luck this last week with a few things in my life and im hoping it continues with a Wand KO ending in him Roaring at a Japanese crowd

Wand's last StannD Watch?v=_CLbYunoxL8

Go on Wand! Did you ever know that your my hero.... lol.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wand's last StannD Empty Re: Wand's last StannD

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 am

I was praying last night Wand had one last Big KO left in him but I hate to say It I can only see him laying sprawled out in the octagon his evening/tomorrow morning. He will trade with Stann and get caught with a Big Left Hook that's how I see It. Sad

That said WAR WAND !
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Wandi's going to turn back the clock and spark Stann out in the second round cheers
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 pm

!

Wand's last StannD Crystal_ball
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 pm

what a fight !!!

thought wand was gonna go in the first !!

hunt and struve was like rocky both so shagged out they took turns twatting each other lol
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Laughing

Nostradamus eat your fucking heart out.

That was a fun fight,there's no way I want to see wandi retire,when he can still put on shows like that.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 pm

F'n typical. Just sat through a sh1t card with every fight going to a decision full of ads and then record misses the 3rd round of the stuve v Hunt fight and all of the Stann v Wandi fight.

Yes, of course I should have recorded the program after but when you have the cards on series link you don't always remember to Mad
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 pm

1972-casual wrote:F'n typical. Just sat through a sh1t card with every fight going to a decision full of ads and then record misses the 3rd round of the stuve v Hunt fight and all of the Stann v Wandi fight.

Yes, of course I should have recorded the program after but when you have the cards on series link you don't always remember to Mad

this was my experience exactly. Sad

will we ever learn?
    more importantly, when will ESPN/Sky+ get their fucking act together.

managed to watch the end of the hunt fight online, great job by him, havent watched the wanderlei fight yet though.
    oh and Gomi suffered one of the worst robberies in recent memory...other than that, it was a good night for the crowd favourites.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:36 pm

BOOM
    Wand's last StannD 644451_10151499465111276_1640904245_n
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:47 pm

1972-casual wrote:F'n typical. Just sat through a sh1t card with every fight going to a decision full of ads and then record misses the 3rd round of the stuve v Hunt fight and all of the Stann v Wandi fight.

I've done that before.

Last night was all ESPN's fault the show was broadcasting at 10 pm EST (AKA 3 am) yet still insisted on advertising the event for 2am and ending at 5:30 am. As I have said I've done this before and now add a 1 hour Manuel record of ESPN or the next 1 or 2 shows, That said I still sat up like a lemon and watched a dreary under and main card (Lim KO aside) the Co & Main saved the card.

Getting up at 8 am this morning driving up the M6 in zombie mode to do a some errands was fun.

I can't watch a UFC or Boxing card the next morning like a sensible person (even using SKY+ to record the event) , I have to stay up and watch It live. I don't know why do this to myself sometimes. Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Same here chesty, fucking gutting not to have that Wand fight recorded, Didnt even watch the intro on the video link I got.

Still im a happy man allright, 2 legends I love getting a win in fights I thought they were going to loose. What made me happier still was Wands was ultra agressive and still got the win trading hayemakers against a guy no one thought he would win against doing so.

Hunt is now a top 10 Heavyweight. Anyone think we would say that again!! Great to see him win though he could do with getting into better shape, he said time off left him rusty but still a KO win over a highly ranked guy. Give him Bigfoot or Overeem if they loose and JDS vs Cain 3 is happening.

I dont know what I want for Wand next, anyone ranked above him apart from Forrest is a scary thought as a fan. Who do you all want to see him against? Sonnen wouldnt be a bad fight if he looses to Bones.

All agree Gomi was robbed? Would have been a lovely event if he got the right decision, seeing 3 former pride superstars get high profile wins would have been a perfect event for me.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I thought Gomi got jobbed pretty bad one thing I picked up was how nauseating Greg Jackson's pep talk in between Round 1 & 2 was 'You took him down 3 or 4 times, you won the Round !' that was horrific. Gomi out struck him with ease Diego got him down for 5 seconds each time doing NOTHING !.Mad
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Real shame because Gomi hasnt shown the fighter he can be since coming to UFC bar that Tyson Griffin KO, He beat Diego standing and like you said Diego did fuck all with the TD, skipped the interviews but if he talks like he won the fight id think he is a prick. Not the 1st time he has been gifted a win after clearly getting his ass kicked either.

He called out Nate, Id love to see Nate put a beating on him.

Gomi should go after Guilard to see where he stands, think that could be great.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I agree Gomi was robbed but it looked like Diego didn't seem convinced that he won.

And yeah I am with Cowboys re: Jackson - I hate Greg Jackson!!!

I thought Hunt walked away a punch too early but it seems it was ok

Struve - "I was going to ask Herb Dean to remove the tooth from my cheek, but it turned out my jaw was broken"

I really enjoyed the last 3 fights although I thought Gomi should have won
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

I recorded the event last night and the show that was on after and even that cut off in the 2nd rd right when stann caught him in the bollocks with a kick. Such a joke got up early to watch before going to work, then couldn't use my phone all day threw fear of finding out the result.

Great fight by both, stann is a great guy full of class but I don't think he respected silvas chin at all and thought he'd walk threw him like leben did. how wrong can you be?

Sanchez looked awful, slow an sluggish and got gifted a decision.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am

Hunt could have killed him if he followed up. Insted of walking away though he needs to atomic Butt drop the next KO victim! Who's up for the big man next? Win loose or draw with Werdum, Nog vs Hunt would be a cool fight, I can see Hunt winning it too.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 pm

I dont think Wand is going to stay at 205, Talking to Gareth A Davies he made it sound like he wasnt sure about fighting there full time.

Wand is a top 15 Mw (In the UFC) if he moves back there IMO. Stann was about top 20, Franling was top 15ish when he lost to him, Cung is top 15ish and he beat him... Bisping was top 15ish... I think he is actually in line for a decent fight if he moves back there.

Forrest is Ideal because he is a big name and a winable fight but he Dwarves Wand and Beat Franklin, Its risky enough. At Mw Lombard or if Belfort loses to Rockhold maby? Betsch makes sence. There are a lot of guys who will stand with him, I think he will move back and get the fights he wants, I dont think he is playing it safe anymore, Leben, Stan, Cung he has been in with the bangers and genuinley seems to enjoy it.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Rematch with Cung. Cung beat the fuck out of him until he gassed in the first fight. Let them at it again.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Yeah why not, who doesnt want to see that rematch and its a way of getting himself over Rich Franlin on the pecking order while never havnt to figth him again! Laughing

Id love to see that actually. I think if Wand settled into that lower stance and used his straights he would beat Cung again.

No doubt he would get dropped and rocked in the process, Wand is going to be the new Eddie Alvarez, hunt in every fight!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:54 am