THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Wand moving back to 205lbs in 2013

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wand moving back to 205lbs in 2013 Empty Wand moving back to 205lbs in 2013

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 pm

"I want to either fight a catchweight bout at 198 pounds or at light heavyweight. At middleweight, I'm very hungry (laughs). Right now, I'm doing weight training and some shadow boxing. I'm kind of on vacation now, paying attention to the family, but next year the Wand is back."

Fair play, I though the Cut wasnt doing Wand good anymore, he is sluggish and stripping down muscle seemed to have an effect on his power.

Wands chin is aways going to be a liability now but at least he can be throwing KO bombs of his own.

Any Ideas for opponents at 205? Im sure he wont go straight in with the top guys, My thinking is that he could fight Vera who gave Shogun a good fight, Or the Janitor to fight another old vet.

Anyone people would like to see him agianst? Maby he is following Chael up a weight class to get a fight with him after Bones crushes him!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wand moving back to 205lbs in 2013 Empty Re: Wand moving back to 205lbs in 2013

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 pm

I think Wandi has a better chance at picking up some wins and staying in the game longer if he stays at 185,his chin,speed and size is not suited for the 205 game anymore.

I thought you loved Wandi Ben,I'd be scared for him,against some of these 205 monsters now mate.

At MW there's still a few names that I'd back Wandi against,but what 205er would you give him a chance against?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I think Wandi has a better chance at picking up some wins and staying in the game longer if he stays at 185,his chin,speed and size is not suited for the 205 game anymore.

I agree Payne as much as I love Wand there are not many fighters at 205 I think wand can beat.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Know what you mean lads, id imagine most 205ers could handle Wand. He needs to reinvent himself and comit to improving his boxing, straight punches, uppercuts and most importantly defence.

His Muay Thai is engraned in his style he can kick and knee etc.. but those hands need work, the chin sticking out, the elbows poking out at 45 degrees as oppose to down by the ribs.

I think your right though, 205 looks a harder devision to crack, less beatable guys without looking outside the top 20/25.

Sad he has declined this much but he is one of the all time greats, My hero. I think if he wants to fight on let him have a chance to re-invent himself one last time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:12 am