THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Aleks and Fedor press confrence today

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Aleks and Fedor press confrence today Empty Aleks and Fedor press confrence today

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 am

Monson and Aleks are fighting on their November 15 year anniversary card

Aleks is fighting Konstain Glukhov before that.. if he wins Monson-Aleks is likely for the November card

Andrei Semenov is fighting on the Novemeber card.. he was also on the 1st M-1 card 15 years ago

talked about Arlovski possibly fighting in M-1 but he wants to much money

asked about Sergei Kharitonov fighting in M-1.. Vadim says they keep in touch but Sergei is wanting to fight in bigger promotions in the US or Japan

Fedor is still training to stay in shape but has no plans to get back into fighting

they are having a tournament to determine 1st Russian amatuer mma champions.. 60fighters competeing from all over Russia.. the finalists will fight on the November card

Fedor said he went on vacation with his family after the Rizzo fight
    they asked if Rizzo will fight again (he had a 2 fight deal).. they don't know

Aleks was mad about Arlovski calling him a coward because he refused boxing match with him.. said he was offered the fight but since he already had the fight with Glukhov so close to the date he didn't even consider.. he says he would fight AA under any rules

Vadim says he wants to make the fight happen but again Arlovski wants too much money
    ----------------------------------------

I wonder about the Monson fight, Monson is a smart guy, Hasnt Aleks got Hep C, Youd wonder if these guys know or if its really true... AA vs Aleks would be a cracking fight. Talk of them speaking to Sergei too but he is looking for bigger fights in the US, Sergei to the UFC I reckon. Or there is a Bellator Hw belt with no owner.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Aleks and Fedor press confrence today Empty Re: Aleks and Fedor press confrence today

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Rizzo said he isnt retiring, I wonder if M-1 will keep him under contract?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Aleks and Fedor press confrence today Empty Re: Aleks and Fedor press confrence today

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 pm

I really hope Rizzo retires I'm worried for his health his punch resistance is completely gone.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Me too mate I think the last 3 fight run was great for his legacy, a win over a credible ranked guy like Monson and a head to head against Shammy a fellow legend was great but you can tell he isnt firing on all cylinders any more. The chin too, When Yvel sparked him I though he was dead and Barnett but him to sleep and he isnt a hard hitter.

If he wants to go out on a win fair enough, take a fight in Brazil against some Can and call it a day but I dont want to see him KO'd again. Pudz in Poland maby?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:10 am