THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Nate vs Bendo, who wins

Poll

Who wins?

[ 4 ]
    Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_lcap67%Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_lcap0%Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_lcap17%Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_lcap16%Nate vs Bendo, who wins I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 6
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nate vs Bendo, who wins Empty Nate vs Bendo, who wins

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I cant wait for this one, Ive thought for ages that Nate would get a hold of the UFC Lw title and I reckon he is going to take it off Bendo in December.

Bendo does pose a big problem with his TKD bacground and his good footwork. It would seem to be the only realistic ways to beat Diaz is to outwrestle him which I cant see Bendo doing over 5 rounds... or Condit vs Nick tactics which Ben is well equiped to do.

Neither Diaz really pays attention to kicks so Ben could pepper him with leg kicks like Cerrone had some success doing to win rounds.

But I think that 6" reach advantage and quicker hands means we are going to see Bendo get lit up on the feet I dont see any Lw outstriking Nate

Ben is the better Wrestler but we saw against Edgar that Wrestling isnt his real strength and although he has good sub defence I dont see him escalping is Diaz throws the legs up for a triangle or catches the neck in a Guilitine.

Im backing Diaz to UD him, I think Bendo wont be overly agressive and will hope to drag Nate into rounds he has never been but I dont see Nate tiring, I see him winning 4 of the 5 rounds if not Subbing him... Ill vote for the UD because I dont see Bendo fighting agressive.

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Nate vs Bendo, who wins Empty Re: Nate vs Bendo, who wins

Post  Mryzyz Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Nate via punching Bendo on the head a lot of times on his way to a UD
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah I think Nate could be the best striker at Lw, I cant imagine anyone taking it to him standing and winning, Really hope we see Nate vs Pettis for the title. I think its going to happen, the Cerrone fights a number 1 contenders fight isnt it? Crazy that 3/4 in the Lw mix now were WEC guys.

Heard Maynard is fighting Lauzon... should be a good one.

Wonder if Edgar is sticking around at 155 who he will get, Guida would seem the Ideal guy to try and build himself back up.

Cant wait till Alvarez' Bellator contract is done, him vs Diaz or Pettis would be amazing to see.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

I think Bendo will beat Nate up for 5 Rounds I just can't see Nate stopping Bendo's take downs and I would even say stylistically this fight suits Ben to the Ground.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 pm

I dont think a longer fighter suits Bendo to the ground at all, a 6" reach disagvantage cant be ideal of a guy who likes to fight on the outside. Bens takedowns are often stepover trips and Diaz has good Judo so I dont see these being very successfull and often he is happy to GnP from standing over his opponent in their guard, that wont work against Diaz.

Also Diaz is growing into his frame, I dont see him being Muscled around by any Lw as much as he was in his earlier career or by big welters.

Are you expecting him to take Diaz down and GnP mainly? Do you see him winning standing? Also most of his wins are by Sub and I dont expect he will tap Diaz. Its like Sonnen vs Anderson, he isnt likely to win via KO or Sub so his best chance is to keep Diaz on his back as much as possible.

With a training partner like Shields I think Diaz has a great sparing partner for Bendo.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 pm

This is the fight im most looking forward to this year. Can't wait. My head says Bendo via wrestlefuck for 25 mins, but my heart says Diaz will sub him.

We all know Bendo is extremely confident with his submission defence, and there is times ive seen him sit in guillotines comfortably, but if he makes the same mistake with Diaz it could be good night for him. Diaz has the equivalent of a knockout punch with his submissions, and if Bendo isn't careful Diaz will catch him in one fast.

My prediction is Diaz via guillotine choke.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:36 am

Nobody at 155 is going to wrestlefuck Diaz for 5 rounds. Nate to win this either by UD or a late submission.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Nobody at 155 is going to wrestlefuck Diaz for 5 rounds. Nate to win this either by UD or a late submission.

You not know how to Vote on these things mate? If you drag the mouse over the options the writing apears...

I havnt seen anything to suggest that Ben could hang with Diaz standing, watching a few of Nick and Bens fights back, it is going to be a boxing lesson standing. Submission wise Ben is good but Diaz is great... he seems to have the advantage anywhere,

Your right about Diaz not being wrestlefucked. Maynard and Guida werent able to smother Diaz and I dare say they are ahead in the Wrestling department. Ben may have better subs than them so his overall groundgame is better but Diaz is a level above Ben, he isnt getting tapped by him and he is so actve off his back I think it would be dangerous to try and keep him there.

I think were looking at a fight were Bendo's only real advantage is Kicks and Diaz has overcame a similar opponent in Cerrone.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:55 am