THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
Ginginho
Cowboys From Hell
The_Axe_Emperor
payneNglory1
8 posters

UFC on Fuel 3

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC on Fuel 3 Empty UFC on Fuel 3

Post  payneNglory1 Wed May 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Alex Soto vs Francisco Rivera

a pretty good fight to kick the night off,Rivera looked good and I can only imagine how much better he would of looked on the back of a full camp.Rivera's good mix of striking and constant forward pressure,had Soto backpeddling for the majority of the fight to win a comfortable UD.

Francisco Rivera def. Alex Soto via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

UFC on Fuel 3 9
    UFC on Fuel 3 10

Jeff Curran vs Johnny Eduardo

I thought Curran fought this fight totally wrong,it was obvious after the first few minutes that he was not going to be able to win a stand up battle against Eduardo,but it took him until about 10 seconds left in the 2nd rd before he changed things up and attempted a takedown.
    curran showed abit more urgency in the last round,(with an eye poke to help),he just did enough IMO to take a close last round,but it was to little to late,as eduardo had already comfortably won the first two rds with a good mixtures of punches and nasty leg kicks.

Johnny Eduardo def. Jeff Curran via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

UFC on Fuel 3 1
    UFC on Fuel 3 4

Rafael dos Anjos vs Kamal Shalorus

what a performance from Dos anjos,he just steam rolled kamal in this one.
    He caught and dropped him with a lovely clean left kick to the head and then had his back with the choke sunk in deep with in seconds.
    Dos anjos has been quite unlucky in past fights,but there's no doubt in my mind that he is a top level LW,as for kamal,i can see him getting his walking papers soon.

Rafael Dos Anjos def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 1:40
    UFC on Fuel 3 2
    UFC on Fuel 3 3

TJ Grant vs Carlo Prater

TJ was just better than Prater every where in this fight.I expected him to have a comfortable advantage on the deck but i wasn't expecting him to be better in the stand up as well.
    There was a good scramble that i enjoyed,where TJ went for the guillotine,prater popped out and went for the trip,they both hit the mat and prater rolled for the knee bar,he missed it and TJ scrambles and takes top position.
    it was a pretty good fight,and TJ nearly sunk in the Armbar finish at the final belle,but in the end,he ended up taking a comfortable UD.

T.J. Grant def. Carlo Prater via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

UFC on Fuel 3 1
    UFC on Fuel 3 5

Cody McKenzie vs vs Marcus LeVesseur

there was no real surprises how Mckenzie managed to win this fight,the guy seems awkward,uncoordinated and a really sloppy striker,he's easy to out strike and he's easy to out power and takedown,but if he manages to get an arm around your neck,it's game over.

Cody McKenzie def. Marcus Levesseur via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 3:05

UFC on Fuel 3 3
    UFC on Fuel 3 4

Brad Tavares vs Dongi Yang

In between a few eye pokes and nut shots,this was a hard fought battle from both guys,but in the end,Tavares extra speed and cleaner strikes are what made the difference.

Brad Tavares def. Dongi Yang via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    UFC on Fuel 3 2
    UFC on Fuel 3 5

Jason MacDonald vs Tom Lawlor

Lawlor stuffs a takedown,lands a straight left and a short right,McDonald is face down on the canvas,game over.Happy Birthday for Tom Lawlor,but i think walking papers might be in Mcdonalds future.

Lawlor def. Jason MacDonald via KO (punch) - Round 1, 0:50

KOTN winner

UFC on Fuel 3 1
    UFC on Fuel 3 2

Igor Pokrajac vs Fabio Maldonado

I disagreed with the decision,but I enjoyed the fight.
    Pokrajac looked better when he had distance,but on the inside,in the clinch,apart from a few good knees Prkrajac landed,maldanado was punishing him with sweet combos to the head and body.
    both guys showed great beards,as alot of those shots would of put other fighters away.
    The one thing I thought about last night,is maldanado look very soft and I'm sure he could make MW.
    I think maldanado vs stann or franklin would make for great fights at MW.

Igor Pokrajac def. Fabio Maldonado via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)

UFC on Fuel 3 3
    UFC on Fuel 3 7

Yves Jabouin vs Jeff Hougland

This wasn't even close,jabouin punished hougland for 15 minutes with punches,nasty spinning kicks to the body,he just put a beatdown on hougland and nearly stopped him a few times.
    credit has to go out for houglands toughness,how he escaped the first knockdown,i don't know,but after the first rd,it became like an easy sparring session for jabouin,where he could do what he wanted,when he wanted.

Yves Jabouin def. Jeff Hougland via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-27)
    UFC on Fuel 3 1
    UFC on Fuel 3 444444

Donald Cerrone vs Jeremy Stephens

When Cerrone fights like this,he looks fantastic.
    Cerrone just systematically broke stephens down,using good movement along with solid combos,straight,clean punches and stinging kicks,he had to avoid stephens wild bombs,but apart from that,Stephens was little threat to him.
    I want to see sanchez and BJ back in the mix with these LW's as well as alverez and melendez.
    This division would be amazing with that amount of top match ups to be made.

Donald Cerrone def. Jeremy Stephens via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

UFC on Fuel 3 4
    UFC on Fuel 3 5

Amir Sadollah vs Jorge Lopez

The most boring fight on the card for me,i cant really tell you much about this apart from the one escape Lopez made from Sadollah's guillotine attempt,as I tuned out halfway through.

Amir Sadollah def. Jorge Lopez via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
    UFC on Fuel 3 2
    UFC on Fuel 3 4

Chan Sung Jung vs Dustin Poirier

now this fight on the other hand was anything but boring,great fight,that had me up and down from my seat screaming at the TV,this was a great battle.
    I had piorier to win,but i was firmly cheering on KZ.
    shit how can you not be a KZ fan,awesome fighter to watch.

Congrats to sheldan for getting his 9/1 bet correct on KZ getting the sub.
    I was cheering him on to get it in the first two rds,but after that,especially after poirier won the 3rd rd,I thought KZ was gassed and expected poirier to take the remaining rounds.
    But then that wonderful uppercut and knee in the 4th connected and gave KZ the chance shoot and sink in that sweet darce. cheers

i can't wait to see if KZ can cause Aldo problems(I doubt it,but i still can't wait for that fight to happen now)

Chan Sung Jung def. Dustin Poirier via submission (D'Arce choke) - Round 4, 1:07

SOTN & FOTN winner

UFC on Fuel 3 5
    UFC on Fuel 3 9
    UFC on Fuel 3 11
    UFC on Fuel 3 12
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC on Fuel 3 Empty Re: UFC on Fuel 3

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Shit sorry guys, I fell asleep during the first fight Sad

Watched the rest this afternoon, a few thoughts;

- Johnny Eduardo looks a cross between Anderson and Aldo

- Dos Anjos is the real deal, Shalorus is not

- Lawlor's KO was brutal, but he's still not very good

- I agreed with the Pokrajac vs Maldonado decision and for me that should have been FOTN, it just isn't fair being on the same card as KZ if you out on a war like that Laughing Should have been a joint award IMO, those two deserved it

- Houghlands got a shit load of guts. "Jabwar" looked brilliant but should have finished him.

- Cerrone looked phenomenal, really good performance. Stephens is no walkover. If anything this demolition shows just how dangerous Nate Diaz is

- Regarding the Sadollah fight, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. Why he keeps getting pushed by the UFC is anyone's guess, boring person, boring fighter. He's also not very good, I thought he was extremely lucky to get that decision. Even Dana admitted they f-ed up and Cerrone should have been Co Main event.

- Chan Sung Jung is my new favourite fighter to watch. His last three fights, three amazing finishes and the only one that wasn't a war was a 6 second KO! I honestly though Poirer would steamroll him, but it was the opposite. Dustin had absolutely nothing for him. Amazing performance by KZ, Hioki next for no1 contendership? Jose Aldo vs Chan Sung Jung, early 2013, you heard it here first
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Good Main card barring Amir & Lopez stinking up the joint please Zuffa get him off Main cards on TV ASAP. Jung looked great while I felt Dustin looked very limited and out of his depth TBH which surprised me a lot I'm sure he'll come on again though. You know what I'll be honest It was a good fight but I honestly feel the MMA media are overrating the hell out of the fight by calling a classic.

Pokrajac vs Maldonado was a grueling fight man Igor is tough I agreed with the decision although 30-27 was way off. Shalorus's fall has been been hard and fast and finished 3 times in a row too Dos Anjos looked good. Cerrone looked great and made Stephen's look like shit very dominating performance I honestly think in the Diaz fight he was jaded and worn out after taking 5 fights that year.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Round 1: Maldonado out-landed Pokrajac 36-6 in significant strikes, 47-16 overall.

Round 2: Maldonado out-landed Pokrajac 26-13 in significant strikes, 60-18 overall.

Round 3: Maldonado out-landed Pokrajac 36-17 in significant strikes, 59-30 overall.

Overall: Maldonado’s success-rate for significant strikes was 72% (98 of 137), compared to 45% for Pokrajac (36 of 80). The final overall striking total was 166-64 in Maldonado’s favor.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 am

The Zombie is my favourite fighter now!! Always looking to finish and not afraid to take a shot or two to get one in himself. Win or lose, he comes to finish his opponent which is sadly lacking in today's point scoring world of MMA.

I thought Maldonado won as well. Maybe the judges don't count body shots.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu May 17, 2012 5:27 am

Does the Zombie even know how to transition without going for a sub? Never seen anyone as agressive on the ground. What a fighter. Arguably the entertaining fighter in Zuffa history. Has he had a boring fight yet??

Can't help but feel Aldo would walk through him though. Leaves himself so open in the striking exchanges.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Jesus the amount we complain about Judging and 2 of our own Armbar members actually agree with Maldonado loosing? Seriously what are you boys even looking for? The 1st round was close-ish if you rate 2mins of top controll over 20 or so punches that Maldonado hit when he stood up. Maldonado clearly won the 2nd and 3rd. Pokrajac was hurt and all over the place.

Axe and Cowboys need to rewatch that fight, If outsocre somone more than 2-1 striking wise in a fight that was mostly striking and you do more damage what other criteria are you boys going by? Crazy. Really pissed me off to see such terrible judging.

Judges and Axe and Cowboys by the look of it Wink need to see punch stats between rounds. If they could see someone landing more than twice as many strikes they need to reassess their scorecards.

Cracking event but this shitty scoring needs sorted.

Zombie should get next shot at Aldo for sure! Hioki has tiny balls and turned the fight down, I say make him take a back seat for a while till his balls grow. Also at 145 lets see Siver vs Yves Jabouin! Twisted Evil
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Good call on the Siver - Jabouin fight
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Those significant strike stats are misleading IMO as they obviously count every single body shot when most of them were pitter patter. Pokrajac was the one landing the power shots, so even though Maldonado was out landing him, I still had Igor winning.

I think the Sadollah fight was a bigger robbery
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri May 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Lopez and Maldonado were robbed in my opinion.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri May 18, 2012 6:04 pm

havent seen the Maldonado fight, but if he was really robbed thats 2 in a row.
    the Kingsbury fight was total robbery too...he battered Kyle.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri May 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Should definitely watch it mate. Cracking fight, IMO FOTN
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 19, 2012 12:56 am

A significant strike is anything that isn't a jab. People need to pay less attention to that stat.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat May 19, 2012 1:19 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:A significant strike is anything that isn't a jab. People need to pay less attention to that stat.

At the same time you cant really brush it aside either...i personally think it's a factor when your outstriking your opponent nearly 3-1.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 19, 2012 2:04 am

If I hit you with three slap kicks to the leg, and you punch me in the face and break my nose, you win. In fact, if I hit you with TEN slap kicks to the leg and you break my nose, you win.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 am