THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced! Empty Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 am

Shogun vs Thiago seems a strange fight given who close that Shogun vs Hendo was I sorta though Shogun would fight Evans next, maby Davis or Bader... Still should be a fun fight to watch, Makes me wish Feijao was in the UFC, I reckon he is a better version of T.Silva. Risky fight for Shogun, its a big drop down the contenders list if he looses.

Lombard is going to run through Brian Stann, Grappling wise they are worlds apart and Lombard is about the only guy who packs as much power standing. Love this fight and I think it will show Lombard is a top level guy when he wins. I could see Lombard getting a title shot off the back of a win over Stann is he looked incredible doing it.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced! Empty Re: Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced!

Post  Sheldan Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 am

Looks to me that UFC are just giving Thiago Silva to Shogun to keep Shogun busy for the Rampage fight later this year. Lombard VS Stann was a no brainer, that should be a great fight. Stann by TKO.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced! Empty Re: Shogun vs Thiago Silva and Lombard vs Stann announced!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 am

Sure Isnt Rampage supposed to be fighting Gustaffsson next?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah Stann vs Lombard seemed the most logical fight for Hector an entertaining name fighter who on paper he should beat (especially If he gets this to the ground) I imagine If he impresses he will jump to the front of the queue and fight the Sonnen Silva winner.

Shogun vs Silva should be an amazing fight while It lasts although I'm surprised well baffled that 4 big named Brazilian fighters are fighting on a fight card in.......Canada, A month before the huge Brazil card. scratch
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Sure Isnt Rampage supposed to be fighting Gustaffsson next?

I heard that UFC apparently wants to make that fight but with Rampage's knee injury I doubt they will want to keep Gustafsson off the shelf for a good while just to make that fight. Plus I doubt Rampage would agree to the fight, he said he wants Shogun and nobody else.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Lombard should submit Stann to be honest, but on the feet I would give Stann a slight advantage.

Reckon they'll cut Silva if he loses? especially if it's by a convincing knockout or somthing? He would be 1-4-1 in his past 6.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:02 pm