THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
mikeyboybisping
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next? Empty Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

I keep hearing Hendo and Machida's name mentioned togeather recnetly, I can see no other option at 205 for Hendo. Jones vs Hendo is April so it wont be till the Summer before Jones/Evans winner is ready to fight.

Hendo wont wait around that long no matter what he says. Silva is injured and wont fight Sonnen till the summer so Hendo really has no choice but to fight.

Shogun rematch? Rampage rematch if Rampage beats Bader? I think Machida most likely.

Forrest and Tito seem keen to fight each other so Id rule that out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Cain I dont know. When is he good to go? Carwin is a name batter about here a lot but I dont think he needs that much of a step down (rankings wise) Mir and if Werdum beats Nelson you have the 2 guys closest ranked to him. I reckon he fights one of them.

Anyone know when he is ready to fight again?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next? Empty Re: Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next?

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 pm

With regards to Cain, there was talk about trying to get him against Big Foot maybe in April. Sounds like a better fight than against Carwin IMO.

Not too sure about Hendo, as you say, I don't think he'll want to hang about for Jones or Rashad, wouldn't mind another Shogun fight, although I would have thought UFC would want to pit him against someone else, what about LilNog?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next? Empty Re: Who are Hendo and Cain fighting next?

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 pm

OOps, forgot that Lil Nog's fighting Gustaffson.......Would have to be Machida then.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm

He turned that fight down! He was offered a fight with Lil Nog but wouldnt take a fight untill he saw if Evans won or not... I think if Rampage wins he should look to avenge that one.

I heard Cain vs Bigfoot was scrapped or maby they are trying to throw us off and it is going ahead... wouldnt be the 1st time UFC did that. Though Werdum or Mir would make more sence I reckon.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:He turned that fight down! He was offered a fight with Lil Nog but wouldnt take a fight untill he saw if Evans won or not... I think if Rampage wins he should look to avenge that one.

I heard Cain vs Bigfoot was scrapped or maby they are trying to throw us off and it is going ahead... wouldnt be the 1st time UFC did that. Though Werdum or Mir would make more sence I reckon.

Was just looking at Cain's website, and yeah, it looks like they're not going ahead with the BigFoot fight, so with that in mind, Mir would make sense, I think that he needs to fight someone with decent stand-up, as this is the area where he's looked vulnerable, although I still maintain, that JDS would have ko'd any of the top HWs with that shot, it was right on the temple and gave no chance of recovery. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of Mir and his bullshit.

Wouldn't mind watching Rampage/Hendo II, although would much prefer it, if Rampage remembered how to wrestle. Think Hendo should have taken the fight with Lil Nog, although you can understand why he didn't.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

With regards to Hendo, what about someone like Ryan Jimmo? Don't think they've found an opponent for his debut yet have they? Or maybe the Janitor?
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Hendo should KTF of the Rampage-Bader winner and fight JJ/Evans in the autumn.

I do not want to see him fight Machida. I fear he will lose.

Mir, Bigfoot, Carwin, all make sense for Cain.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Hendo vs Ramplod is a must. Hendo deserves a chance to get revenge.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:42 am

I can't see Hendo taking another fight, Rampage if he beats Bader appears to be the only likely option because he isn't going to fight Machida who is coming off a loss, if that fight was to happen it could be May/July at the earliest, and Hendo could probably fight Jones/Evans in August/September, so I think he'll just wait for his title shot.

As for Cain, the Mir first seems the only option, there is no point building him up with a win against Big Foot here, then another win against Roy Nelson or somebody of that calibre there, Cain VS Mir in a #1 contender fight, winner faces Reem-JDS winner in the fall.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Jones wanted no part of Hendo. Jones can't take a punch.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

mikeyboybisping wrote:Jones wanted no part of Hendo. Jones can't take a punch.

I think the Machida fight showed, that he can take a shot, my problem with Jones, was his footwork, but he came through that test well and he's bound to improve further.

I'm really not certain that Hendo could live with Jones. As much as I like Hendo and respect him as a fighter, I just don't see him getting close enough to throw that right. It's not as if he could just wade through the striking of Jones, and despite his granite chin, and the fact that I'll get a fair bit of flack for what I'm about to say, but I could see Jones stopping him.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 pm

One of Joneses best attributes is his ability to pour ice on the situation any time there is even a hint of him being hurt and in danger.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Hendo's obviously a threat for anyone when you have a granite chin and a right hand that can drop a Gorilla,but Jon Jones has such a bigger locker of skills and atributes,that I really think Bones has an easy night taking Dan apart personally.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Jones VS Hendo would look similar to Jones VS Rampage.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:10 am

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

I think the Machida fight showed, that he can take a shot, my problem with Jones, was his footwork, but he came through that test well and he's bound to improve further.

I'm really not certain that Hendo could live with Jones. As much as I like Hendo and respect him as a fighter, I just don't see him getting close enough to throw that right. It's not as if he could just wade through the striking of Jones, and despite his granite chin, and the fact that I'll get a fair bit of flack for what I'm about to say, but I could see Jones stopping him.

Getting hit by Machida is like getting hit by a small child compared to getting hit by Dan Henderson, and Machida wobbled him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 am

Jones has a shot at stopping Hendo because he's a slimmed down HW and Hendo is a MW who doesn't cut weight so he stays at 205. Size and length difference give Jones the chance to do to Hendo what he did to the Janitor.

There's more chance that he submits him though.

But on the other hand, Hendo lands a single right hand and it's over and Hendo has beaten better fighters than Jones in his last two fights.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

Getting hit by Machida is like getting hit by a small child compared to getting hit by Dan Henderson, and Machida wobbled him.

My point was not to compare the relative punching power of Machida's and Hendo's, of course there's no doubt who has the better power. My point was simply to refute the comment of Jones not being able to take a shot. Should Hendo land a power punch cleanly, Jones would go down, however, I don't think that Hendo would be able to land cleanly. I think that Jones would either take Hendo down and GnP/Sub him, or, pick him apart, using superior reach and speed. As I say, not dissing Hendo in the slightest, and, if we were talking the Hendo of a few years back, then he would have a very realistic chance, just think that he's a little too old and a little too slow for Jones now.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Oh well, looks like Mir for Cain. Cannot wait TBH, I think Cain will demolish him TBH.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Cain by TKO for me.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Cain TKO in the 1st. Styles make fights, Mir has a massive weakness of being bulled into the fence and Knocked on his Arse.. Cain happens to be one of the best guys to do that particular job!

I dont write Mir KOing him off, Mir hits really hard and if the fight stayed at kickboxing range he would probabally more than hold his own, he has a chance to Sub anyone in the devision too but I think Carwin set the blueprint to beat him, Nog damn near followed it, Cain shouldnt have a problem doing the same.

So the winner of this get a shot.

JDS vs Overeem - Title
    Cain vs Mir - probabally no1 contenders
    Barnett vs Cormier - Winner is supposed to have a tuneup fight in SF but id imagine a shot after

Werdum for me is a win away from a shot, since these guys are tied up I think he should look to Carwin or Nog.

For Bigfoot I think you have 2 big top 15ish guys in Russow or Browne as a potential opponent.

Look forward to seeig who is matched with who.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 am

still havent seen much of Cains submission game, but like ben said. his style is Mir's worst nightmare.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I wonder why Hendo doesn't want to fight Machida?

Dana

"He doesn't want to fight Machida," White said of Henderson. "He doesn't want to wait (either). He's going to have to wait. Who does he want to fight? I mean, I don't know what to do with Dan.

"Dan's either going to have to wait for Jones and Evans or wait for Silva – or fight somebody else. It's pretty simple."

To risky maybe

I'd bet he's waiting and hoping Rampage wins in Japan.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I wonder why Hendo doesn't want to fight Machida?

Dana

"He doesn't want to fight Machida," White said of Henderson. "He doesn't want to wait (either). He's going to have to wait. Who does he want to fight? I mean, I don't know what to do with Dan.

"Dan's either going to have to wait for Jones and Evans or wait for Silva – or fight somebody else. It's pretty simple."

To risky maybe

I'd bet he's waiting and hoping Rampage wins in Japan.

TBH, I see a fight against any of the top LHWs being a risky proposition for Hendo. Too much to lose IMO. He's got himself into contention and the next shot at the LHW title, I'm sure that he's not really wanting to jeopardise that, a loss, and at his age, he's going to find it tough to get back into contention. Personally, I would have liked to see him have a 'tune up' fight, before taking on the winner of Jones/Evans, but there isn't really a whole host of options.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I would of thought he'd probably just wait but Dan has said he wants a fight,and he doesn't want to wait for the winner of Bones and Evans.

So who does he expect to fight?

He turned down the Lil Nog fight because he thought it wasn't a big enough fight for him and now he's turned down the Machida fight.

I can only think that he'd like to revenge the Rampage loss if he's not going to wait for his title shot.

The timing would also probably work out all good for him to still challenge the winner of the title fight,that's if he beats rampage of coarse.

I'd like to know what's happening with machida and shogun aswell.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 pm

I've got the perfect fight for Hendo while he waits.

Spoiler:

Both around 6ft,both have amazing chins,both have one punch knock out power,both have a similar reach,both have solid ground games and both will gas in the 3rd rd of a fight.

can't pick a more evenly matched fight,well apart from weight of coarse.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:36 am