THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
payneNglory1
2brutal
Mryzyz
redmeanie77
Sheldan
9 posters

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results Empty The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Welcome back lads, sorry that I have been a bit late posting this, I have been quite lazy recently. It's been a while since our last meeting so it's good to get back in the game again! If I remember rightly, we decided that 2brutal would be brought back in this round due to his close loss on methods to efils, and that also means we now have 8 people left, so it suits everybody. I believe that efils requested a rematch against 2brutal, so that will be our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! cheers

Cup Draw:
    efils_god VS 2brutal
    Cowboy From Hell VS Sheldan
    redmeanie77 VS Mryzyz
    payneNglory1 VS Ginginho

The top 4 scorers in the saucer or tea spoon or whatever it's called will play the 4 losers in the cup in the next round.

p4pnumber_1
    superman_punch
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Mannpagejackson
    ChelseaQuinsFan
    Chimezero

Good luck everybody! Very Happy

Last edited by Ginginho on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change thread title)
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results Empty Re: The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 pm

The league leader and former champion should be main event!!!!

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results Alonso_massa_germany_2010-300x200
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results Empty Re: The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

The Armbar Cup - Round 4 Draw and Results Fernando_alonso_european_grand_prix-460x250
    Ah, se beeg feesh. So we weel meet at last..,
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 pm

i cant make my mind up on a fair few fights efils and theres a few on the 138 card which im going to that i dnt no
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Its a very tough round for sure.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Come on Mryzyz,it's not exactly hard to beat Meanie in this game Wink Razz
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 pm

I hope your not due a good round as well Gin Evil or Very Mad

Good luck mate
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I hope your not due a good round as well Gin Evil or Very Mad

Good luck mate

I am the Mark Hunt of the Predictions game - might get a shock KO but will always struggle against the top fighters.

Consider this a bye Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Come on Mryzyz,it's not exactly hard to beat Meanie in this game Wink Razz

ELLENBERGER !!!!!

Razz

Last edited by redmeanie77 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:16 pm

lol! Ellenburger

I've not exactly started this season on fire Gin,I'm hoping my skills haven't faded like Wandi and go crashing out of the cup due to an Atomic butt drop.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 am

I'm ready to regain my spot at the top boys. Very difficult round to predict. UFC 138 is particularly hard.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:10 am

2brutal wrote:i cant make my mind up on a fair few fights efils and theres a few on the 138 card which im going to that i dnt no

Yeah it's certainly a tough one. I've made a few iffy picks so we'll see. Can't make my mind up for Penn-Diaz!

I hope the first half is nice and close between us so it goes down to the wire Smile

(Although not as much as last time....!)
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Penn 4 me
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 pm

2brutal wrote:Penn 4 me

I'm starting to think that too, i had Diaz UD, but i'm now swaying towards Penn UD....will no doubt change it a couple times before the fight! Smile
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Any chance of a points update Ging mate?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:58 pm

efils_god wrote:
    2brutal wrote:Penn 4 me

I'm starting to think that too, i had Diaz UD, but i'm now swaying towards Penn UD....will no doubt change it a couple times before the fight! Smile

Should have changed it once more, i knew it!!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Here are the results for the Cup quarter finals. Congratulations to efils_god, Mryzyz, Sheldan, and payneNglory1 who made it through to the semi-finals.

Scores are below and include the first round of the Teaspoon. Winners in bold.

THE ARMBAR CUP

efils_god 370
    2brutal 345

Cowboys From Hell 330
    Sheldan 410

redmeanie77 305
    Mryzyz 365

Ginginho 335
    payneNglory1 345

THE ARMBAR TEASPOON
    ChelseaQuinsfan 410
    p4pnumber_1 360
    Chimezero 345
    superman_punch 340
    Once Mohawked Pete 315
    Mannpagejackson 295

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks Ging, great job bro!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Good game Gin,that was a real close one mate.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Cheers Ging, great work as usual. Just out of interest did my Carmont UD count?

Good game Brutal, another close on!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:18 pm

ta mate enjoyed the card glad we went
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Turned out to be a really entertaining card,thoroughly enjoyed it,well apart from the two lumbering best of British HW's stinking up 15 minutes of the show.

It kind of hurt me last night to realize just how far behind we are when it comes to HW's,when those two are probably the best we can offer MMA at HW.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 pm

was even more payneful ringside trust me, crowd were wild for etim
    leben and alves got the next best cheers the crowd were not happy leben quit
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm

It would be 2brutal to sit through another Broughton vs De Fries fight again Rolling Eyes

The crowd sounded great on TV,Rogan and Goldie sang there praises a few times through out the night.

So did you get good seats then 2brutal?
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:43 pm

The main card was good entertainment. The atmosphere was a lot better than I was expecting. Crowd went nuts for Terry and Leben.

I wanted Munoz to win so I was happy. Leben thinking it was a number 1 contenders match made me realise how delusional that daft prick is.

The sound system where me and 2brutal were sat was absolutely dreadful. Couldn't hear a word. The seats were decent. Not many bad seats in that arena really. There was also plenty of tasty birds watching which gave us summat to look at between fights.

There were 6/7 people sat in front of us who were complete pricks. They hardly watched a fight, left before the main event cos they were arguining with one and other up to the point where a 20 year old lad wearing a trilby (supporting Barao not Pickett) started crying cos his mates bird shouted at him for cheering on a Brazilian. He actually sat crying.

Brutal had some mates there who stayed over in the hotel the night before and they met plenty of fighters and that mark zelaneck fella (head of uk UFC) was buying the drinks all night until 4am. Rashad was hammered by all accounts

Overall I really enjoyed the day, apart from the m6 toll which we fell victim to

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 am