THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
2brutal
Mannpagejackson
GSPfan11
p4pnumber_1
Once Mohawked Pete
Anfields5thKing
Sheldan
Cowboys From Hell
superman_punch
rudeboyben84
14 posters

Return of the brothers Nogueira

Poll

Who wins come UFC 140

[ 5 ]
    Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 

Total Votes: 10
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of the brothers Nogueira

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Lil Nog will probably face Forrest, Shogun/Hendo loser next. I think Rampage wants to fight King Mo next, and i can see UFC making that fight happen. We're going to see more and more SF fighters get drafted in UFC.

I really hope we see Shogun-Nog 2 at some point but not if it means Hendo wins. Laughing

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Return of the brothers Nogueira - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of the brothers Nogueira

Post  Ginginho Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:30 am

superman_punch wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Tito fought Evans in a number 1 contenders fight and now he is Irrelevant?

Come on seriously you reckon if the impossible would have happened and Tito won he'd be above Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, Hendo for a title shot? That was Dana hyping up a fight attempting to make it relevant if ever iv seen it. It would be like saying if Matt Hughes would have beaten Kosch he'd have been in line for a title shot. It wouldn't have happened.

The only "relevant" fights these days are title fights. The UFC can manipulate matches to make anything "relevant". Without knowing how they rank the fighters, they can make fighters relevant or not through their matchmaking. Of course, it is up to the fighters to take advantage of favourable situations but some seem to get more opportunities than others based on things other than ability.

With probably over 350 fighters on their books fighting for only 7 titles and as they become bigger, most UFC matches are irrelevant. Entertaining but irrelevant.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm going for a Nog bros sweep,probably more in hope than anything else.

I think Nogs title challenger days are gone,but I've not given up hope,on him being able to prove he is the best of the gatekeepers,a title that I think Mir currently owns.

Big Nog UD

I'd like the winner of this fight,who ever it may be,to face Werdum next.

Lil Nog should beat Tito,he's just faced 3 wrestlers back to back,and even though he lost to the last two of them,I think he showed enough in defending them,to be able to take advantage of Tito's weaker wrestling and poor stand up.
    As long as lil Nog can stuff or get straight back up from any of Tito's take down attempts,like he did with alot of Davis's and Baders,then the difference in stand up skills,should be enough for Lil nog to get the late stoppage or decision win.

Lil Nog UD
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I'd have the Mir-Nog winner fight the Cain-JDS loser, so then Mir VS Cain it will be.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:40 pm

I wouldn't have mir nor Big nog in for a title fight on that win.

Reem/Brock winner gets the next shot,then I think you'll have Barnett/Cormier(or replacement)winner waiting next,who'll probably get the loser of Cain/JDS to determine the next #1 challenger.

So I would say Mir/Nog winner would have to be put in the mix and beat one of the likes of Werdum,carwin,Bigfoot,Reem/Brock loser or the loser of the strikeforce GP final,before they would get another chance at getting another crack at the Title..
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:42 pm

I said the loser of the Cain VS JDS fight.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 pm

another one ill be posting on the 13th in the i told you so post sheldan keep em comming
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Sorry,I read what you said,but went off in a completely different direction,it should read,get a crack at either Cain or JDS Rolling Eyes

I would think that mir or nog would still have to do more than beat the other to get a fight with the loser of the cain/JDS match,who'd still be ranked the #2 in the world coming off that loss.

Cain/JDS loser should go straight back into a contenders fight against the GP winner,where as I think nog or mir would still have to beat someone like Werdum/Carwin before they could get a fight with JDS or Cain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:40 am