THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC? Empty Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 am

Ok Lads two fighters in every devision. What 2 non Zuffa fighters do you want to see come over to UFC?

Hw: Fedor Emelianenko, Cole Konrad

Lhw: Ricardo Arona, Minowaman

Mw: Hector Lombard, Mamed Khalidov

Ww: Ben Askren, Kazushi Sakuraba

Lw: Eddie Alvarez, Shinya Aoki

Fw: Patricio "pitbul" Freire, Joachim Hansen

Bw: Joe Warren, Hideo Tokoro

Saku probabally seems like a strange pick given the stage of his career but Id love for him to have a fight in UFC again before he retires. James Toney might still have a fight left on his contract! Laughing Failing that if Hughes looks old and shit against Kos it would be a fight that im sure would interst him, one of Americas biggest legends against one of Japans. He would also be a great way to crack the Japanes market.

Stick Minowa in with someone who can bang like Diabate whos probabally top top 20 Lhw in UFC or maby Luiz Cane coming off a loss? Im sure people write him off after the Ishii performance but fuck it I reckon win loose or draw he makes a fun fight and he did spark Soko after all!

Went for Hellboy over Crusher but whoever wins that id like to see at Fw I reckon they could be a serious contender.

Who would you all want to see?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC? Empty Re: Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC?

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:12 am

Good thread Ben.

Here goes.

HW - Cole Konrad and Shamil Abdurahimov

LHW - Fedor (just don't think he can cope with the HW anymore) and I'd kill to see Minowaman in UFC.

MW - Hector Lombard and Alexander Shlemenko

WW - Ben Askren and Paul Daley

LW - Shinya Aoki and Eddie Alvarez

FW - Hell Boy and Alexis Villa

BW - Joe Warren and Akiyo Nishiura

I've tried to pick fighters that would either do well in the division (IMO), or just guys that I would love to see more of, and unfortunately, this probably means fighting under the zuffa banner.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC? Empty Re: Which non Zuffa fighter do you want to see in the UFC?

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am

HW: Konrad, Ricco Rogriguez

LHW: Arona, Ryan Jimmo

MW: Lombard, Falcao

WW: Askren, Hieron

LW: Alvarez, Kawajiri

FW: Freire, Pat Curran

BW: Warren, Ueda

I have just picked guys who i think are some of the best of there in the lonely world of MMA outside Zuffa.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Non ZUFFA fighters I'd like to see in the UFC - Overall fighters I want to see in the UFC

HW: Konrad,Gugenishvili ---------------- Barnett,Konrad
    LHW: Glover Teixeira,Ryan Jimmo ---- Henderson,Mousasi (OSP)
    MW: Lombard,Khalidov ------------------- Jacare,Lombard
    WW: Askren,Siyar Bahadurzada ------- Askren,Woodley
    LW: Alverez,Aoki -------------------------- Melendez,Alverez
    FW: Curran,Freire (Sandro)------------- Curran,Friere (Sandro)
    BW: Warren,Makovsky ------------------- Warren,Makovsky
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Just read an interview with Bas Boon saying that John Olaf Einemo has been re-signed to the UFC and Siyar Bahadurzada has just been offered a UFC contract too
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 pm

I would love to see Hideo Tokoro get a shot in the UFC IMO he is the most exciting fighter in MMA win or lose.

Also would like to see Taisuke Okuno, Mizuto Hirota, Kikuno, Alvarez, and Lombard in the UFC too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:43 pm