THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
2brutal
superman_punch
payneNglory1
Sheldan
Ginginho
11 posters

The Armbar Cup Final Results

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Cup Final Results Empty The Armbar Cup Final Results

Post  Ginginho Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

The final scores for the final of the Cup comps are below.

Congratulations to Sheldan, the winner of the Armbar Cup cheers cheers He took advantage of superman's focus on League glory to overcome a 20 point deficit and produce victory, becoming the latest holder of the prestigious Cup.

payneNglory1 also overcame a similar deficit to beat chesty in the Saucer, while p4pnumber_1 held Mannpagejackson out for the Teaspoon win.

Thanks for playing - I will be in touch re: prizes soon.

THE ARMBAR CUP
    superman_punch 305
    Sheldan 320

THE ARMBAR SAUCER
    payneNglory1 320
    manschesthair_utd 300

THE ARMBAR TEASPOON
    Mannpagejackson 305
    p4pnumber_1 340

Last edited by Ginginho on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Cup Final Results Empty Re: The Armbar Cup Final Results

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Wow I didn't realise I'm only 20 points behind in the cup I thought I was miles behind, with me having a trump left to play then it's not over yet! Thanks for the update Ging.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Nice 1 Gin

Disappointed with some of my picks for this rd so far,chose to many with my heart and not my head.
    Well it looks like I now need a really strong 2nd half to this rd, if I'm going to beat Chesty in the saucer or challenge Superman for 1st place in the league
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:59 am

Final scores updated.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:09 am

Well done Sheldan. I'm the twice beaten finalist now but I had to pick which I was willing to lose with you and Payne closing in on both league and cup. What else was I meant to do going into the last round of picks?

And the free prize can be kept I wasn't holding out for a new t shirt. I do have my own.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:10 pm

i should of won im not sure on what basis though
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 pm

sorry for my daft drunken rant Super,I feel a right twat,I was being stupid and I was completely out of order mate.

You had nothing to do with my bad mood yesterday,I drank to much while pissed off,the topic of you copying predictions came up,and in my daft state,I just focused on that and ran with it and took it way to far.

I don't agree with playing it that way,but you did nothing wrong and I really do appoligize for acting like such a prick.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:00 pm

You pushed me close there Mannpage, a very worthy opponent! Good contest mate Very Happy
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

[quote="payneNglory1"]sorry for my daft drunken rant Super,I feel a right twat,I was being stupid and I was completely out of order mate.

You had nothing to do with my bad mood yesterday,I drank to much while pissed off,the topic of you copying predictions came up,and in my daft state,I just focused on that and ran with it and took it way to far.

I don't agree with playing it that way,but you did nothing wrong and I really do appoligize for acting like such a prick.[/quote]

I reckon next league we introduce a time limit when to make picks, im not a big fan of very late picks very close to when prelims start anyway. Most cards are very late on saturdays so 6/7 pm deadline uk time would work.

And ur crazy for not picking Ellenberger!!!! Razz I was practially begging u to pick him last night lol.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Laughing

I know you where mate,but I don't think you should be able to change your picks during an event,once that event has started.

I think you should have to make your picks before the event and stick with those choices,once the event starts.

what does everyone else think?

also are there any changes people want to suggest for next season in the way this is run,that you think would make an improvement.

also since I had a little rant on the subject,if you don't want anyone knowing your predictions before hand,you can always PM me them if you want.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Bring back the belts!

As an admin can you lock a topic at all? Once the event has started you could lock the topic so nobody can edit. Actually scrap that I think everyone should PM their predictions, then like meanie said, put a deadline in of around 6/7/8 on a Saturday, then once that time has come, create a new topic listing everyone's picks so that there is no controversy over picks and any debate as to whether they picked or not. That's just my idea anyway.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 pm

If everyone PM's their picks,it'll cause problems when,like most cards,changes happen or people want to change there picks for an event that follows in the same rd.

I don't fancy having to edit everyone's picks for them each time that comes up.

I think there definitely should be no changes made to that event once an event starts.
    I'd just like it if players,just trusted their own picks and went with them,so this problem wouldn't come up.

lets here the opinions of other players about,copying peoples picks to maintain a lead,before we start making big changes.
    is it wrong,or is it just part of the game?

If nobody has a problem with it,then fair enough,don't worry about it and continue as normal,or do what you have to do to avoid it,game play yourselves by posting false picks and then editing them at the last moment or any other way you want to do it,or just PM your choices to me or Gin.

Sheldan,i know Gin tried the belt thing,and then scrapped it,but if you want to try and resurrect it,go for it.

It's a shame signatures don't work on here,otherwise you could use them for that,have a belt picture or something to show who's the current champ,then you take that pic when you beat them.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't think you should play tactically by copying peoples picks, you should pick what you think, regardless of what other people have picked. I don't see how we could make it a rule though, how would there be any way to properly prove that somebody has copied someone's picks.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:58 pm

you can't stop it,without making big changes to how we play the game and post our predictions.
    I personally enjoy playing the game just the way Gin has set it up and wouldn't really want anything to change.

Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore and it's all forgotten about,but if you think someone is doing it to you,then like I say,edit your picks at the last moment or just PM me your final picks.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:You pushed me close there Mannpage, a very worthy opponent! Good contest mate Very Happy

Cheers pal. Congrats to you too. I lost my first 2rounds and dropped straight into teaspoon. So to make final with 3 straight wins was good. Wud of been nice to win. But worthy and deserving oponent.

Ps, superman punch was a shadow of himself today at work, crying, very quiet, smelt quite femanin and was wearing ladies pants, i presumed he had been the victim of a beatdown by his mrs, again. But it turns out he suffered an armbar sized mauling last night. I think he may never recover.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Laughing

just tell him to ignore the drunken idiots on here.. hic.. drunken

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 am

This only can happen though in a final round like this now, nobody is going to copy others picks for a whole league. So maybe in a final round like this everyone just PM's their final picks.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 am

Haha you would be surprised Meanie, me and Payne noticed this about a month ago.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 pm

You could bring in a rule that means you have to make all your picks during a round at once. E.g if there's fights a week between, and someone has a lead in the first week they can just copy their opponent's picks to keep their lead. Picking all the fights at once could put a stop to that.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't really care about the cup. I will always make predictions with the aim of accruing league points. If those predictions happen to be after and very similar to my opponents this is purely coincidental.
    If I think I can do better than my opponent, I will post what I believe to be the best set of predictions, even if it forgoes a certain chance of cup progression. Because it's the league I play for.

I don't think this is as big of an issue in the league as usually there are a few in the chasing pack, and you cannot copy them all.

Just setting out my stall.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

manny let sp know i have booked an occupational health nurse to come see him,

y dont we keep it as is and the mods keep an eye on it and if anything suspicous happens step in point deductions etc, dont chase the copy and paste i only learnt how todo it recently lol

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 pm

im with you all about the league

close between top 6 or so

im taking it next time bitches
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I dont think anybody on here would genuunely try n cheat there fellow armbar officianado out of a victory. I think its clear to see from some of my picks that i only got into mma about 18months ago. Only mainly watch ufc or uk based fights, so am not as knowledgable as some of the guys on here. However, even tho i have the most to gain, all i copy is the initial fixture list and all i ever edit is if a fighter changes. I have the most to gain from copying. However i do my own research on fighters to expand my knowledge on this sport which i love. And if i dont cheat (tho sometimes i wish i had.) i dont believe anyone on here wud.

Exept 2brutal - dont trust that guy anybody.

If shola scores......
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:08 am

Shola never scores....
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:23 am

I dunno brothers, but I'm hurting real bad inside!
    That's a lighten the mood guess the film quote!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:30 pm