THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Cowboys From Hell
Mryzyz
sunthunder
redmeanie77
2brutal
Sheldan
10 posters

Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox. Empty Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox.

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 pm

The planned heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos will no longer take place at UFC 139 on November 19th like originally planned, and will now be the main event for the UFC on Fox event a week earlier on November 12th. There will be no co-main event, meaning the 5 round title fight will be the only bout on the hour long broadcast.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox. Empty Re: Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox.

Post  2brutal Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 pm

posted at same time mate i will delet mine

wonder if we can watch it in uk ?

no one has the rights for it yet in the uk

also cain will win imo
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox. Empty Re: Cain Velasquez VS Junior dos Santos to headline UFC on Fox.

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Dana said on the conference call that it will air in the UK somehow. I think ESPN will pick it up, if they had any brains they're not going to turn down a heavyweight title fight and the buzz it will create due to it being on Fox in America.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:36 am

What an honour it is for both guys to be the first fight in the start of a new era for UFC. The winner of this fight was already going to be biggest thing in HW division but now its going to mean much much more.

I just hope neither guy overdoes it in training and has to pull out that would be a nightmare for everyone.

I think they should book Mir/Overeem at UFC 139 which is a week later, just incase shit happens to Cain/JDS.

Gonna be a huge occasion.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:19 am

What the - I got the night off work for that fight!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 am

dont get you sunthunder ?
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:44 am

I think he means he arranged a night off to see a fight that is now happening a week earlier. So is annoyed.

What about an undercard? That won't be the only fight surely.

I know it'll be the only fight on FOX, but they must be putting on other fights for this event. Will we be able to watch those?
    I wouldn't bet on it, not with ESPN dropping the ball so much lately.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:03 am

I'd imagine the under card will be streamed on Facebook or UFC.TV the actual Fox show is for 1 hour so I doubt there will be 2 fights in case the fight does go 5 Rounds.

I'm really intrigued to see what the UFC do to replace such a massive Main Event for UFC 139 in San Jose.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Maybe debut THE REEM? Don't know who he could fight though. Mir?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:35 pm

I think the plan is to have Reem VS Mir, that way they can use the Fox show to promote Reem for those who don't know him, and also if Cain or JDS get injured, then either Reem or Mir can step in as there fight is only a week later.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:49 pm

I read somewhere that Henderson vs Guida will be the co-main event with the winner getting the first shot at Maynard after he destroys Edgar.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I thought there was no co-main??
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:47 pm

there will be co main event it just wont be on the fox show
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Henderson VS Guida won't be on the Fox show, they're not going to have a fight like that be on Facebook. They should have it headline a minor card so that we can have 5 rounds of it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I like the Idea of Reem - Mir to headline 139,but also I wouldn't mind seeing the UFC sign Hendo to headline it against Machida either.

But I have a feeling that Hendo's going to make his UFC comeback on the New Years Eve event.

Hendo vs Shogun,co main event,New Years Eve cheers cheers cheers

That's the fight I really want to see
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I think we'll see Hendo VS Shogun and Machida VS Davis.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Sheldan wrote:Henderson VS Guida won't be on the Fox show, they're not going to have a fight like that be on Facebook. They should have it headline a minor card so that we can have 5 rounds of it.

They're showing two fights on Fox.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 pm

2brutal wrote:there will be co main event it just wont be on the fox show

I've read a number of articles saying that they were showing two fights on Fox.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 pm

they were intending to anfield but due to the main event being what it is there is only the 1on they will then handpick what fight to show after if it is a quick win
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 am

Ah ok. Bit disappointed to be honest. Means it'll be a pretty shit card with that one big fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 pm

One fight live on Fox and the rest of the card will be shown on facebook.
    Cub swanson vs Ricardo lamas and Pablo Garza vs Dustin Poirier are two fights rumuored for this card so far.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Interesting move by the UFC, just a one fight show.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Guida VS Hendo set for this card, so I'm assuming they'll be showing some fights on FX in America.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 am

Cain- JDS and Guida- Bendo, what a brilliant card this already is!

JDS KO and Guide UD i'm going for.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Sheldan wrote:Guida VS Hendo set for this card, so I'm assuming they'll be showing some fights on FX in America.

But, you said it wouldn't be on the card all knowing one?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 pm