THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
rudeboyben84
Moose Stuff For Money...
KalDog
Anfields5thKing
8 posters

Zaromskis signs for Strikeforce!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Zaromskis signs for Strikeforce! Empty Zaromskis signs for Strikeforce!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Dream welterweight champion Marius Zaromskis has come to terms on a multi-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to officials within the promotion.

An emerging superstar at 170 pounds, the 29-year-old Lithuanian could make his promotional debut on Dec. 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. Zaromskis will still compete inside the Japan-based Dream organization, which has formed an alliance with Strikeforce.

Having supplanted Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic as the man with the sport’s most-feared feet, Zaromskis last competed at Dream 12 on Oct. 25, when he leveled Korean Myeon Ho Bae with a first-round head kick in a non-title affair. He captured the Dream welterweight crown in July, as he stopped Affliction veteran Jason High and respected Japanese standout Hayato "Mach" Sakurai on the same night. Both were victimized by Zaromskis head kicks.

Spawned by the London Shootfighters camp, Zaromskis joins a stable of Strikeforce welterweights that includes former EliteXC champion Jake Shields, UFC veteran Nick Diaz and one-time International Fight League titleholder Jay Hieron.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Zaromskis signs for Strikeforce! Empty Re: Zaromskis signs for Strikeforce!

Post  KalDog Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am

Look at you and your Sherdog copying.... I thought you hated that site Anfield lol.
    Only kidding bro, great acquisition for SF there's some fantastic match ups there. What is SF's secret to getting these great fighters?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Good move by Strikeforce, Zaromskis is an exciting fighter to watch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:07 pm

KalDog wrote:Look at you and your Sherdog copying.... I thought you hated that site Anfield lol.
    Only kidding bro, great acquisition for SF there's some fantastic match ups there. What is SF's secret to getting these great fighters?

I do, i only saw the story cos i checked on ESPN! hAHA!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 am

GREAT news!!! Marius vs Diaz? The Most entertaining fight ever! Diaz throwing 100's of punches and Marious coming out guns blazing with his usual disregard for self preservation!! I think this has classic written all over it! If Not Diaz at 170 Id love to see him kick Shields about.. hope one of them comes down to 170 to fight him.

Check this Video out...

What a likeable fighter, I havnt seen such all out agression with no regard for your own safety sice Wandy in Pride! Real likeable fighter, Some site said that he had taken over from Crocop as the guy with the most feared headkicks in MMA!!

George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Great move by Strikeforce it certainly wasn't an out of the blue move with Strikeforce relationship with Dream being as close as it is, i like the idea of a fight with Diaz as his 1st.

I Would love to see him in the UFC one day a match between Whitemare and Thiago Alves would be fun !
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:02 pm

lil cro cop ftw fight with diaz would be nice or maybe robbie lawler both would be great fights. che mills has beaten him twice surprised strikeforce or the ufc has tried signing him prob lost the chance when losing the prelimenary match to get into the ultimate figher say they will go for him soon
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Great fighter, always makes an exiting fight. Should be a good career move as well, the potential for great fights in strikeforce is there.

All in favour of Zaromskis/Diaz say I!
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KJGould Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Diaz vs Zaromskis would be nuts, but Diaz would have to be the favourite based on quality of competition faced, as well as awesome sub grappling skills.

Diaz just needs to past the drug test first.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:34 am

I think Diaz is a class above Zaromskis but it would be a great fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 am

Yeah I rank Diaz Stupidly high (No pun intended) I think he has produced dominating performances agaisnt really good fighters a weight class above him recently. When he won his last two fights I think he broke punch stat records! ...Whats not to like. Marius isnt ranked as highly because his career hasnt been great but on current performance he is a killer, Winning that Dream Gp and looking like the most fearsome striker at 170 put him on the map.

This would surely be fight of the year, If strikeforces matchmaker is half decent he will see the potential of this a mile off. They have both put on the most exciting performances of the year in their last few outings. Agreed T.Alves would be a great fight as well but thats not going to happen anytime soon, He has a multi fight deal with Strikeforce and can fight in Dream so he is tied down there for a while. UFC does have most of the good Welters though. If he was there fights like Dan Hardy or Mike Swick, Even Ben Saunders or Marcus Davis to start him off with would be great!

I think he could make 155 though, He isnt the biggest 170er and agasint Diaz who is so rangey he may just be undersized... same goes for a few of the bigger UFC 170ers... Rumble Johnson and Alves would Dwarf him!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 pm