THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
efils_god
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
ChelseaQuinsfan
Cowboys From Hell
wilksdaman
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
13 posters

So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ??

Poll

Who do you rate more?

[ 8 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [57%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 14
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ??

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Kongo looked poor because he was just coming back from a serious back injury,yet he still won 2 out of the 3 rds against a Browne,the only way Browne had a chance at actually winning that fight was if Kongo had a second point deducted.

don't forget a healthy Kongo is also the only fighter so far to hurt Cain and push him the distance.

Being the first person in MMA or kickboxing to knock Barry out has got to say something positive about Kongo's striking hasn't it?

Also there is no shame in getting dropped by Barry,Barry before the Kongo fight should really have only had one loss on his record.
    He's one of if not the hardest striker out of the UFC HW's,look how he was knocking Cro-cop about,if he wasn't in such awe of one of his heros and had gone on the attack,just like he did against Kongo,Cro-cop wouldn't of made it out of the first few minutes of that fight.
    How many times did JDS drop Cro-cop?

look I'm not even that great a Kongo fan,(I was hoping barry put him to sleep)I just think that what he has actually done so far in the sport,some of his performances,who he has fought and who he has beat in the last few years put's him above the others.
    I think Mitrione and schaub have the best chance out of that list in making an attempt to crack the top 10,but they have more proving to do and are behind Kongo at the moment.

I like to think I'm a pretty good judge of a fighter and with Browne,I could be wrong but I'm just not seeing it.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: So who is best of the rest UFC HW division ??

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Browne was beating Kongo EASILY until he gassed. Kongo started cheating in the second round. The rounds he "won" were due to cheating and the ridiculous scoring in MMA which awards fighters for doing nothing.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

For what it's worth I've gone for Browne.

From what I've seen of him, he certainly has the tools, he's huge and seems to have the skillset needed.
    Kongo seems to fall short of the top level, everytime he's been tested he comes up short, and I don't like the fucker anyway. Mitrione is looking better and better with each fight though, I've been impressed with his last couple of fights and he looked good again at the weekend there.
    Nelson is looking a little bit short of the top level at the moment, although should he lose some weight (as previously mentioned by someone else), you never know, cos he certainly has decent skills.
    Schaub I don't like in the slightest, although looking at his last opponent (and the one to come), it would appear that UFC are hanging their hopes on him becoming the next 'name'.
    Struve again has looked good at times, although when tested by the top level fighters has come up short.
    Russow, I haven't really seen enough of him to make comment,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:38 am