THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Why does Dana White always.........

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Why does Dana White always......... Empty Why does Dana White always.........

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:31 am

have to say that Anderson Silva is the number 1 p4p fighter in the world? First of all, he's not. And second of all, it had nothing to do with Shogun vs Machida!

Dana should just accept that Fedor is the best and move on.

And if you were GSP wouldn't it piss you off constantly hearing it and never getting a mention?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Why does Dana White always......... Empty Re: Why does Dana White always.........

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah GSP > Than Anderson Sylvia and Like Your T-Shirt says Fedor > UFC. Dana white seems like he is clutching at straws to discredit Fedor. What about this, on MMAbay.co.uk there was an article that said "Dana says fedor isnt getting any younger" an Article probabally about Dana saying Fedor isnt getting any younger so its now or never from him to join the UFC!!! Laughing I didnt even bother to read it because I knew what shit he would be talking.

Randy Couture at 46 can get a Title shot of the back of 1 win at any given point but Fedor at 33 is running out of time to prove himself by beating Brock Lesnar id assume, I heard an interview were he talked about p4p guys and Lesnar was one that genuinley came to mind for Dana White! Shocking, Im supprised like you say GSP even got a mention. Also I think he said that people would vote for Lesnar, Anderson or GSP (Not Machida) Does he really rank Lesnar over Mahcida?

GSP and Machida are UFC p4p best right now. Anderson back in the running if he beats VitorI suppose... But the guy is top 3 in the UFC, And funnily enough said Fedor would beat him in an interview THIS WEEK!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Why does Dana White always......... Empty Re: Why does Dana White always.........

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 am

I think Dana is just hoping that if he says it enough it will become fact. Plus, most of the media people who are allowed into the UFC press conferences don't know anything about MMA and are all their because Dana lets them be there so never a bad word could be said about him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 am

Crazy, I think he really will let most people know that Brock is a P4p contender, He says he doesnt want Rogers to KO him but you can tell he would have a smug look plastered across his face! What you looking forward to More Rogers vs Fedor or Lesnar vs Carwin? I wonder who is a bigger favorite in the Bookies because Carwin and Rogers are quite similarly ranked.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:15 am

I'm looking forward to the Fedor fight because it's always a pleasure watching greatness.

Carwin vs. Lesnar will either be a borefest or a 2 min slugfest that ends with someone asleep.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 am

I think he says things like that just to start these sort of arguments, and it seems to work. He's not going to give the P4P fighter "award" to somone who doesn't fight in his organisation. But everyone knows Fedor is the man. Are there anymore rumors about Aleks coming across i'm pritty sure he'd kick some ass in the UFC too. It's jsut a shame that Dana can't get these guys over to the UFC, it's something all the fans wanna see!

Fedor will win

Lesnar will win
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 am

Interesting that when Dana was asked about Anderson-Lyoto he's not longer saying "i will make that fight, it will happen if i want it to happen" to now just saying "anything can happen". he knows that's one fight we won't see.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:23 am

I think we all kinda knew that wouldn't happen, tiz a shame as think we would see Anderson be made look pritty average... as daft as that sounds...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:44 am

I think that the real dream fight is fast becoming Machida vs Fedor. Moreso than Fedor vs Lesnar which i don't think would last long.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 am

Good shout on that one, two proper technians going at it would be awesome. I'm not sure lesnar will be champ all that long, theres alot of guys queueing up to go at him now... On the previous Fedor would win geek

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:50 am