THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
2brutal
mikeyboybisping
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
efils_god
pinsman
Cowboys From Hell
Sheldan
Mryzyz
elmatadorafa
Toquinho
Chimezero
kavik2
Ginginho
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
Ronwah
sunthunder
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
the_king
Sly Uses
The_Axe_Emperor
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
29 posters

New MMA Calendar

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

New MMA Calendar - Page 2 Empty Re: New MMA Calendar

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 am

Could be why he's fighting a lower ranked guy. If Kos wins, Fitch doesn't take out a potential contender and then moves up to 185, Koscheck fights Shields and GSP fights Condit with the winners facing off. If Kos loses, Fitch just follows up Ellenberger with perhaps Condit and the winner gets the winner of GSP-Shields.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 am

Thats the Calendar 100% up to date. Added loads so apologies cant be arsed going through and listing every update! Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:04 pm

According to Wikipedia,Hershal Walker is fighting Johnathan Ivey(29-43) at Strikeforce St.Louis.

Come on Coker,surely this can't be what you think the fans want to see on the main card of this event,the guy just lost a 30-27 UD to Shamrock,Shammy's 2nd win in 6 years and in the last 3 years Ivey has gone 3-12.
    Shamrock would of been a better choice.
    You've already got guys that's careers are about done,but still have a name,like Randelman under contract,surely one of them would of been a better opponent.

Well I suppose you can't knock the guy for having experience,but shit come on.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Robert Drysdale's second pro MMA fight tomorrow night, its against world renamed MMArtist A Can. Glad to see Drysdale easing himself in and not doing an Ishii and jumping head-first into the deep end.

Should be an easy sub win for Rob, will be very surprised if A Can can last a round with the BJJ phenom.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:47 am

payneNglory1 wrote:According to Wikipedia,Hershal Walker is fighting Johnathan Ivey(29-43) at Strikeforce St.Louis.

Come on Coker,surely this can't be what you think the fans want to see on the main card of this event,the guy just lost a 30-27 UD to Shamrock,Shammy's 2nd win in 6 years and in the last 3 years Ivey has gone 3-12.
    Shamrock would of been a better choice.
    You've already got guys that's careers are about done,but still have a name,like Randelman under contract,surely one of them would of been a better opponent.

Well I suppose you can't knock the guy for having experience,but shit come on.

What a piss take, why not Shammy? Shammy is hardly a dangerous opponent, Even Griggs would have done the trick, or Sefo who has 0 groundgame....

Coker is a fucking joke, 10X worse than Dana White, being a bullshiter about co-promoting with Bellator and now this, really disapointing stuff.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 am

Scott Carson is on Wikipedia as Hershels opponent now...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Scott-Carson-2581

arent we have supposed to been told yesterday?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:31 am

Fw: Leonard Garcia v Tyler Toner
    Fw: Pablo Garza v Fredson Paixao
    Bw: Will Campuzano v Nick Pace

are all on the TUF 12 finale card, 6 WEC guys on one UFC card! Good start!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:33 am

Chan Sung Jung v Rani Yahya

added to fight for the troops
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Fw: Leonard Garcia v Tyler Toner
    Fw: Pablo Garza v Fredson Paixao
    Bw: Will Campuzano v Nick Pace

are all on the TUF 12 finale card, 6 WEC guys on one UFC card! Good start!

Not really, they've been put on a junk card that nobody will care about.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Tank Abbott or Buttebean would have been a step in the right direction, this guy is on a similar level but a complete unknown. I dont know what Coker is playing at but in the last few weeks ive taken a real dislike to the man because of the Bellator thing.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:12 pm

I've never been a believer in Coker,I think he's to weak and doesn't demand or have the respect that the main boss in an MMA Org should have.I think Strikeforce have alot of of really good things working in there favour and have the capability of being alot stronger of an Org,I just don't think Coker is the right man to take them to where they should be.
    Rebney would do a far better job,merge Bellator and Strikeforce,keep the tourney format running aswell as some big cards and let Rebney run it all,job done,the UFC now have some serious competition.

Strikeforce have a good TV deal with CBS and showtime,yet it seems wasted and they just seem to go through the motions without constantly trying to push it out there,you hardly see any advertising for there shows or Coker out there selling his product through other media forms(even when he does interviews,he never really comes across to me as a guy trying to push and sell his product,he's usually just trying to deflect questions,talk about batista signing or"well if both fighters can agree,we would love to put on this or that fight)
    Even while your watching showtime,you really only ever see anything mentioned about a Strikeforce card,when Showtime are showing some boxing,and as for the challengers series,unless you check out MMA websites,you'd never know when they are on

He needs to have a firmer grip on what actually happens,he needs to be running the show and making,not asking for the match ups the fans are wanting to see,because at the moment in Strikeforce,it seems it's the fighters that decide who they fight and when they fight,and that's no way to keep control of an Org,also I think his latest Bob arum comparisons are crap,with all this,I want to stay in the background and let the fighters be the stars of the show,that's fair enough but this is not only a sport,it's a form of entertainment also,one that needs constantly promoting and pushing out there,it also needs a main figure to be seen running and controlling things,aswell as building up his fighters and selling the shows,IMO the boss should be part of the show,even if it's only a small bit,like giving his take on the event,fighters or just giving us a little taste of what might be in store for there next event at the end of a show,something that Bjorn Rebney seems to understand,and it seems to be working for him.

Bellator have the worst TV deal possible by along way,yet look at the great job they have done in getting there name out there.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:16 pm

you know strikeforce have released Amoussou and Galvao!# pale

i like Scott Coker but many of his decisions i do not understand.
    Bjorn Redbury is a man that i dislike, just seems like a mini dana.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 pm

I don't mind Rebney,I think he's done a great job for bellator,with far less resources,compared to what Coker has done for Strikeforce.

Obviously I think following the way Dana promotes the UFC is the way to go,even some of the stupid stuff he comes out with,brings attention to his product and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity,when it's constantly bringing attention to your product.

For me dana and Rebney act like the ones in control of there Orgs and are constantly trying to push there products out there by all means,where as Coker doesn't look comfortable at all in his position and in alot of cases,it doesn't look like he has any control over anything.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 pm

I thought Amoussou was one of M1's main guys?

If he is,cutting him can't have helped smooth relations between M1 and strikeforce,apart from the obvious trying to renew fedor's contract after every fight,I thought things were already rocky between M1 and strikeforce,due to that thing about M1 fighters supposedly were going to be on alot of Strikeforce cards.

I haven't heard anything more about that for ages,the last I heard was,I think Coker claimed they couldn't get them work visa's or something,so it wouldn't work out.

Can anyone shed anymore light on that.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

I heard Amoussou left M-1, which is why he was able to tryout for TUF 13. He would have had no chance of getting on the show if he was still with M-1....

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Nice 1 Meanie,that makes sense.

I was thinking that about the TUF trials,I just couldn't remember Amoussou leaving M1.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:31 am

i didnt mean "mini dana" that was bad choice of words, what i meant is that from what i have seen he is very unprofessional in his business practices.

he posted pictures online of a bunch of texts he sent to Scott Coker asking to get a deal for Melendez/Alvarez done...thats really unprofessional.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 am

I dont think Coker is in control of the decision making going on in SF, i think showtime plays a big role in the running of the promotion.

Also the fact that SF co-promote with M-1 and have non-eclusive contracts for all their fighters, means there is alot beurocracy and red tape involved in making fights happen,

For instance why does it have to take months of negotiation with M-1 everytime Fedor is going to fight???

Also no suprise to hear today that Coker has said that plans for MW 8 man tournament are dead in the water. How were they expecting to organise an 8 man tournament when they struggle to put together a 2 man tournament Laughing

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/11/06/strikeforce-ceo-scott-coker-reveals-the-promotions-middleweight-tournament-is-dead-in-the-water/

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Katsunori Shibata replaces Antz Nansen against Ishii tomorrow at the k1 world MAX after Nansen failed a medical.

on first glace this is a dissapointing replacement considering Shibata was upset with a TKO 2 weeks ago at DEEP 50...

but considering Shibata was the last guy to beat Minowaman before Ishii did, and he gave 2004 olympic silver medallist a 50/50 fight at dynamite last year, this could be interesting.

but expect a similar fight to Ishii's last outing. unless he can copy fellow Judoka Akiyama and put him to sleep cheers
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace Robert Drysdale defeated Canadian Clay Davidson by first-round submission on the AFC 4: Revelation card at the Bear Mountain Arena.

The win via armbar improved the Las Vegas resident's record to 2-0 in mixed martial arts. Davidson, from Kelowna, B.C., fell to 5-1.

Anyone think he'll sign for a major org after a few more wins, and will he make any sort of impact in MMA?

Also how does his BJJ compare to Roger Gracie, Jacare, Maia, Palhares etc?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:56 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Scott Carson is on Wikipedia as Hershels opponent now...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Scott-Carson-2581

arent we have supposed to been told yesterday?

New MMA Calendar - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSe9gg99cy3JJjy4-GTBJ3kTINCXnoeSz0HRSs9eDQprXxWKg&t=1&usg=__C_xCcl2p96FUeHu2ozHBFLeOEbw=??
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Ww: Daniel Roberts v Greg Soto
    at UFC 125
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Mark Hominick v George Roop

at fight for the troops
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Wikipedia is listing...

Hw: Ken Shamrock v Mike Bourke
    Hw: Tank Abbott v Chad Olmstead

At King of the cage. Shammys fight is dated 25/11 but Tanks fight is just November... so not sure they are the same event

Tanks opponent is 1-4 and lost his last fight to Dan Severn!!! Maby we are going to see Ken vs Tank happen after all!

Shammys opponent is the big guy Tank KO'd in his last fight in 29 seconds!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content