THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Fedor Interview

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor Interview Empty Fedor Interview

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Fedor Interview 12_fedor_vs_werdum_p1y1419_0

Fedor Emelianenko, who recently turned 34, said that he wants a rematch with Fabricio Werdum, but he thinks that the Brazilian is trying to avoid him and delay the bout as long as possible (via RussianTranslations):

When I left the [Werdum] fight I understood the whole situation and said right away that my opponent will avoid me for as long as possible. When the fight will happen, for now, I don't know. He apparently did an operation on his hand. He will delay the rematch as long as possible.
    I understand that we're all people, this is sport, this is life, and I was always prepared for this.

Fedor also talks about being bothered by how fans obsess too much about his fighting career.

It is very painful and unpleasant for me when people tell me "Fedor, we supported you! We waited up all night, got drunk. When it finally came on we raised our spirits, got drunk some more and cheered and yelled across the neighborhood." ...This is uncomfortable for me to be honest, in these moments, I just want to leave.
    Another matter is if the people who surrounded me and watch my fights were prepared. Because they saw me with a halo. For me it is simply unpleasant, hurtful, and regrettable seeing how people obsess. How... well thinking about my career and that's all. I'm not superman, and I'm not unbeatable. I'm an ordinary human, with my own flaws.

Here's the entire one on one Interview with Fedor,where he also talks a little bit about his movie role and his relationship with his brother Aleks

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fedor Interview Empty Re: Fedor Interview

Post  the_king Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 pm

i like fedor, but after his loss i think he is struggeling to come to terms with it maybe he is shocked by it. i hope he dont retire i hope he comes back and takes some top top fights.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Must be hard for the guy though, hes gone unbeaten untill the age of 34... it was a min of madness and he got caught out just hope it doesn't mess him up to bad!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:06 am

the_king wrote:i like fedor, but after his loss i think he is struggeling to come to terms with it maybe he is shocked by it. i hope he dont retire i hope he comes back and takes some top top fights.

This is almost nonsensical! Fedor is not struggling to come to terms with the loss at all, in almost all interviews since the Werdum fight he has commented on his fans disbelief at the loss.

From the interviews hes given since the fight it says to me that he pretty much expected to lose a fight soon and thats what happened, he just seems to want to get back in the cage and right the wrong. Don't think he's in shock at all.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 am

i think he is in shock my terpritation of his talk about retirement is he is shocked at losing mate. it may be just me reding into it wrong. i hope he gets a big fight next.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:03 pm

to be honest I would have thought the defeat would have been a monkey off his back, people can stop obsessing about how unbeatable he is now, yes he is the best, but know one is unbeatable.

Fedor just needs to be more active, why is he only fighting once or twice a year?? His last fight was over before it started and he should have been straight back in to fight again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:36 am