THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Satoshi Ishii is a mad man.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Satoshi Ishii is a mad man. Empty Satoshi Ishii is a mad man.

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/battle/news/2010/09/27/03.html

Ishii Satoshi, who won his first fight in Japan at DREAM16 re-announced his intent to challenge K-1. He requested a fight on December 11th, during the K-1 WGP Finals. As his opponent, he's picked the 3-times champion, "Tyrant" Peter Aerts (39 years old, Holland). Aerts is participating in the K-1 WGP Final 16 (October 2nd, Seoul), and his availability is dependent on his results there.

To seek higher levels of competition, Ishii has selected a path of thorns. Ishii, who marked his return to Japan with a victory said, "My striking is still weak so I want to participate in K-1", reaffirming his wishes to participate in the K-1 WGP. Atop that, he audaciously selected Peter Aerts.

Ishii originally started martial arts from 1997~98, after watching K-1 when he was an elementary schooler. Then, Aerts was racking up a mountain of KO's with his right high kick, and was called the absolute king. The reason why he seeks a fight against his idol from boyhood is under the strong belief that "[he] needs to suffer to become stronger". For Ishii, who makes "challenge" to be a theme of his life, Aerts is a man that he must overcome.

However, Aerts has a fight scheduled in the opening rounds (of K-1) on October 2nd against Kyokushin World Champ Ewerton Texeira (28, Brazil). If Aerts wins against Texeira, he will advance to the tournaments and the fight will become impossible. However, if he loses, the dream matchup becomes one with a hint of reality.

With the momentum of his first MMA win in Japan, Ishii plans to build fighting experience through challenging new areas such as prowrestling and K-1. Beyond that route is the throne of the world champion.

======================================================

affraid

I think he is legitimatley insane.
    Aerts may not be the force he once was, but Ishii is a terrible striker....really not good at all, even by MMA standards, he was outstruck by forty something year old judoka Yoshida, and striking looked horrible against Minowaman.

also does anyone know why he came out to the Inoki entrance music...and wearing the Naoya Ogawa t-shirt?

mad i tell you!!

does he have a cat's chance in hell against Aerts?
    ...i just think he wants a big NYE payday.

i would rather see him face against LeBanner in MMA rules, if LeBanner doesnt get Kyotaro on Sunday.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Satoshi Ishii is a mad man. Empty Re: Satoshi Ishii is a mad man.

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Shit the guy is mad! Aerts would batter 99% of MMA fighers in K-1, Bar Overeem and ummm Maby JDS??... basically you could probabally name the MMA fighers on 1 hand who could hang with Aerts at this stage of his career and I dont think Ishii is one of them!

Big brass balls on his for asking for this fight, I wouldnt mind seeing him fight Aerts or JLB in an MMA match but getting lumps kicked out of him in a K-1 ring isnt going to help his career! Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:27 pm

either mad or insanely brave, credit to him for selecting a big fight like that.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 am

Good to see him trying though, no matter how outmatched he is. As long as he doesn't go out there and get sparked in 5 seconds, it could be good for him. He's see's the whole in his game and its good to see him wanting to improve. I'd rather him for go someone of much lower quality but fair play to him. I don't if he's doing it to improve or just for a big payday, but credit to him for looking for this fight, takes a lot of balls.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Disrespectful to Aerts imo that a Judoka with very mediocre striking wants him in a K-1 bout

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:56 am