THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !! Empty Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !!

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 5:16 pm

What an ending to a this great Primetime show. Make sure you atleast the last few minutes of this episode before tonight.

Im am offically HYPED Exclamation Exclamation

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !! Empty Re: Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Great video cheers mate...

Evans is just so much more rounded a figher than Rampage, even Rampages biggest Skill latley his boxing, Evans looks crisper, his boxing is tighter and his hands are faster. Evans seriously is a good athlete.

Rampage just needs decent boxing though, Jack Dampsey and Marciano werent technically any thing special, and hadnt the quickest hands either but when you have a good chin and bricks for fists your always going to be favorite on the feet in my books.

Rampage is going to win on the feet no doubt in my eyes. In a recent interview Evans said he was going to outwrestle him. That has me thinking when Rampage is 20lbs bigger will Evans outwrestle him? Could Rampage use pick Evans up easy enough?

When I called Couture vs Nog and called it wrong I said that it would be decided by the Boxing which to me and a lot of peoples supprise Nog had brushed up on. In this fight if Rampage has worked hard enough on Wrestling that will decide this one for sure. Ive doubts wether he will in the Wolfslair though....

Will be interesting to see if Rampage can stuff Evans' shot. Still backing Evans to take a decision. This fight might just go like the T.Silva fight. If Rampage looses a fight with Couture or Nog would be outstanding.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !! Empty Re: Requiem for a Dream !!!!!! ............. ITS TIME !!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 pm

on Inside MMA when he was questioned by Pat Miletich on the quality of wrestling training here in the UK he said it was better than in the USA because they have world calibre wrestlers from Iran at Wolfslair. Which is a higher standard then they can gget in the US.
    Anfield probably knows about the wrestling training there.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Wrestling training at Wolfslair is SHOCKING. Really really bad. And Iranian wrestlers, while good in the lower weight classes, are generally not good in the higher weights and I really don't see the Wolfslair having the pull to get the best of the best. Wolfslair really is a poor gym. Watch PrimeTime and look at the difference in the training methods, Wolfslair is so far behind it's laughable.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Kurt angle beat the Iranian Abbas in final of olympics

I saw that Rampage interview aswell, he said Wolfslair has good connections and is easier to train and get world class wrestler than in the States. Im not so sure though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:46 pm

American wrestling team is pretty fucking good. Canadian wrestling team is not far off.

If you are in Europe and you want to train with wrestlers, you go and get some Russians. In the last two Olympics the Russian have won medals in all bar one division on both occasions. If you can't get Russians, go for people from former USSR member states, Ukrainians are useful, Georgia are impressive and Uzbekistan have some amazing wrestlers too.

Chinese and Japanese teams are good as well.

Iran doesn't really enter the discussion.

Wolfslair is a poor gym and Rampage has IMO ruined his career by going there.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 pm

To be honest the Wolfslair looked like shit in Prime Time. I don't know if there not doing it justice or what but it does look like crap.

The level of wrestling in Iran isn't THAT good, how many medals did the wrestling team win the olympics? I think it was only like 1 or 2, I've been to Iran before and its quite good but its not like levels above the US or anything.

Problem with Jackson at the Wolfslair is while it gives him more freedom away from the media and shit, he isn't being pushed. It seems to me like everyone at the camp is just in awe of him and aren't telling him what he is doing wrong. Not the same with Evans who is training with multiple world class fighters.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am

I didn't think Jackson looked in good shape at the weigh-in. He looked really drained as if he'd cut a lot of weight over the last few days. And the fact that he will have cut 46 lbs from the start of camp is ridiculous! How could they let him get so overweight??

Rashad was 219 at the start of camp! That is a man who has been working non-stop and it shows in him. He looks HUGE!

Remember the last fight Rampage had, he was over-trained and they messed up his weight cut.

I think Rampage will gas early in this one and could end up going to sleep.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun May 30, 2010 12:10 am

"It seems to me like everyone at the camp is just in awe of him and aren't telling him what he is doing wrong"

hahah yeah thought the same myself, I love when they showed his amazing sprinting ability by him outrunning a big white heavyweight! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 30, 2010 12:22 am

The best fighter at Wolfslair is Jackson, by miles and miles. Bitchping is the next best and after that, there's nobody. Not a single top 20 fighter in the gym other than Rampage.

Look at the fighters Evans trains with, Carwin, Jones, Marquadt, GSP. All top 10 in their respective divisions, and they have multiple gyms that they use and multiple groups of coaches.

The lads that train Rampage and the cunt at Wolfslair are all fat fucks who have never missed a meal and would last 60 seconds at full speed in a fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 am

"I love when they showed his amazing sprinting ability by him outrunning a big white heavyweight! "

Laughing I noticed that as well

I'd say Kongo is better than Bisping and I think just about top 20 now, but outside the top 15. Other than that the roster is crap, the head trainer. Whats his name, the fat guy who doesn't know shit. McCann or something is the most annoying man on the planet.

This is the reason I have serious doubts Rampage will win, he already has one of the biggest ego's in MMA. What do you think is going to happen when he has a bunch of fat fucks telling him he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he owns ever single one of them in training?

Doesn't Dave Faulkner train out of the Wolfslair?!?! Thats the quality of opponent Rampage is training with. Evans on the other hand has Carwin, GSP (Anfields gone through it all)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:26 am