THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Hi Def UFC pics

wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Hi Def UFC pics Empty Hi Def UFC pics

Post  wilksdaman Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

I expect some of you will have already come across these, but just in case you havent...

http://video.ufc.tv/Photos/fighters.html

Some nice hi quality pics for desktop backgrounds etc.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Hi Def UFC pics Empty Re: Hi Def UFC pics

Post  Toquinho Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:15 pm

cheers mate, have needed some more images for a new background
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm

How long have you been a palhares fan mate? Not many people here have their favourite fighters nickname as their username.

I think there is a Huerta fan on here aswell, "Elmatador" i think....
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:46 pm

I've liked him since i first saw him tbh around the Henderson/Horn fights i think.

He's not really my favourite fighter though, i like the nickname, and as i was going to use the pic of him for my avatar i thought i might aswell use toquinho as my username.

Although he's less than popular here since his last fight so i might have to consider a change Smile
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:52 pm

I like the nickname too, definatly one of the best out there.

I dont really mind what he did at 111, i think people are trying to make it look worse. Who do you see him fighting next? I think he will fight Okami when his suspension is up. A win against Okami catapults him into top 10 i think.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 pm

I think thats a fight that i can see getting made next. I think your right if Palhares wins he should be getting fights near the top of division, although Okami could be a tough matchup for him.
    Okami has good wrestling and has size and strength. If Okami keeps it standing then he'll probably win, his standup looked improved against linhares. I do want to see it though, it should tell us quite alot about each fighter.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Wouldnt say less than popular, he won me a few quid in Dublin! I think the guy is a wreckingball! Im a big fan of his and to be honest his last fight didnt put me off him in the slightest! I hope he gets to fight Okami, My Ideal opponent for him is Bitchping though, Palhares would be snapping limbs 30seconds into the fight. The Horn performance was great, some unbelievable slams and he fought with a broken hand... Also he threw a crazy kick at Hendo... he's like an entertaining Paulo Filho!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 pm

I feel bad for Ranking Okami over him at 15th spot now there is a big fan of his on here! Laughing
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I think the rankings are fair on him a the moment, but now he is on abit of streak it will be cool to see him fight some people higher up.

I agree i would love for him to be put up against bisping. I think Palhares would throw him around the cage and then tap him out. His days on the maincard would be numbered Very Happy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I think he is 16th now so quite high in the UFC rankings, from here his next fights will be on main cards I would say, Id even love to see him against Marquardt. Thing is with the low centra of gravity and power mixed with those BJJ skills I could see him take down and Sub most of the devision. I cant wait to see him mix it up at higher levels, Hendo really was on his game when he beat Palhares, he showed the best Sprawl and Brawl ive ever seen from him.

I think Palhares beats Bisping easy, I also think he beats Okami, how else do you think is a possibility at 185lbs? The looser of Wand/Sexyama or the looser of Belcher/Cote (hell maby the winner of that one) All the fights are interesting for him at this point. I really hope he does well because I enjoy seeing fighters with a unique style and there arent too many like him.

Have you ever seen the grappling video when he taps 2 opponents with a double heel hook! Shocked
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:27 pm

I like the possibility of Akiyama or Wand. He has a good chance of beating both i reckon and there will be alot more hype behind one of those fights. Could build a fight with Wand through the old BTT vs Chute boxe rivalry, even though its not really relevant these days.

I havnt seen that video before, where can i find it
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm

thanks for posting got a nice picture of Wanderlei cracking Bisping as my background now Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:13 pm